I ordered an extra battery that I plan to have on hand only for emergencies. I'll plan on keeping it in my laptop bag.

I was curious if anyone knows how long it will hold a decent charge while being idle and not plugged into the phone. For example, how often would I need to charge it despite not using it?
    08-24-14 05:02 PM
    I swap batteries every couple of weeks

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.1052
    08-24-14 05:06 PM
    I have the BB Q10 charger and two spare batteries. The batteries last a long time when not being used. Kind of like Li-Ion on you power tools. They are just great battery technology.

Blessings,
    John 20:29
    08-24-14 05:32 PM
    On other thing and I just found it out today. Other Power users are telling me to not Just "pull" the battery. Shut the phone down first.
    08-24-14 05:35 PM
    I have swapped mine in different ways. Once I swapped the next day after forgetting to charge my BB, the extra battery had 95% after a full day of not being plugged in. I have done it a full two days after and had 90% or so. So I would say it depletes about 5% a day in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 08:56 PM
    I have swapped mine in different ways. Once I swapped the next day after forgetting to charge my BB, the extra battery had 95% after a full day of not being plugged in. I have done it a full two days after and had 90% or so. So I would say it depletes about 5% a day in my experience.

Posted via CB10
    This sounds about right. I change batteries every 2 days. Sometimes every 1.5 days. That's on moderate to heavy usage. The fully charged spare, when I place it on the phone, says anywhere between 95% to 98%.

The spare battery bundle is one of the reasons why I got the Q10 over the Q5. That plus the fact that when I finally decided to get a brand new
    Q10 last month for a secondary sim, the price difference between the two was worth it already.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 11:38 AM
    Just confirmed it. Went 3 days without swapping and loaded the new spare in. Was down to 86%. So almost exactly a 5% drain per day while sitting in my bag.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-14 03:14 PM
    That's why it's better to swap it frequently... i charge the batteries mainly in the bundle and swap the battery as soon as the sign is yellow (20%).
    The display 95-98% when swapped, might only be a calibration problem. But I agree that the battery loses its charge after some days.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    08-26-14 03:42 PM
    Just went to my car to retrieve my spare, not charged for at least 10 days. Says 94%.

I'll note the date for my fully charge battery, and store for two weeks!

08-26-14 06:13 PM
    Just confirmed it. Went 3 days without swapping and loaded the new spare in. Was down to 86%. So almost exactly a 5% drain per day while sitting in my bag.

Posted via CB10
    Your bag drains the battery, do not plug the battery on the bag!
    08-26-14 07:00 PM
    @daradm, I don't see how there can be that big of a discrepancy. My battery bundle is OEM and brand new. How can yours last 10 days and go down 4 percent and mine go down 4 percent in one day?

I'm not saying tours didn't, I'm asking how it is possible to have such a huge difference.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 07:16 AM
    Just went to my car to retrieve my spare, not charged for at least 10 days. Says 94%.

I'll note the date for my fully charge battery, and store for two weeks!

That's impressive. Now I'm wondering whether the fact that I keep the spare in the charger (as a carrying case) has anything to do with its losing charge.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:37 AM
    That's impressive. Now I'm wondering whether the fact that I keep the spare in the charger (as a carrying case) has anything to do with its losing charge.

Posted via CB10
    Somehow I think that does affect things....mine seems to hold its charge for longer when not left in the charger

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 10:44 AM
    Somehow I think that does affect things....mine seems to hold its charge for longer when not left in the charger

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip. Will take it out every time it's fully charged and see if it holds its charge better.
    08-27-14 10:54 AM
    I have 2 spare battery's, one oem from a q10 I got for parts, the other given to me by a friendly cb poster that doesn't look OEM (wrapped in a white paper)

I don't have the charger bundle, but used the spare q10 as a secondary charger.

My batteries get topped off sunday/monday and left in a drawer untill friday, I've never had a battery lose more then 10% in that time.

That being said, the battery I have in white drains itself faster when left alone then the oem, and doesn't last as long in the phone / gets hotter then the oem.

Obviously none of my results are scientific!

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 11:05 AM
    I have the bundle with 3 batteries altogether.

I've rotated batteries in that have been sitting for a couple of weeks and they've never been lower than 95 percent.

I do rotate my batteries in a non-scientifc way, so I couldn't tell you the storage drain.

If it's going down to 86 percent in a few days something is clearly wrong.

Also, if you have multiple batteries, the charging bundle makes life so much easier. I tried using the phone to charge both, but it doesn't make tons of sense to do it that way to me, so I was able to pick up the bundle for cheap on Kijiji.

Last Christmas, Future Shop and Best Buy had the bundles for $25 which was an amazing price. Haven't seen them that cheap since.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:54 PM
    I'm surprised too with 94% after what I guess was 10 days for my OEM spare. I cannot recall exactly how many days ago, I'd placed the spare in the car. This time I tagged the date, and will wait a few days! Maybe dementia.
    08-27-14 02:15 PM
    I just verified a second test and it appears as though if you store just the battery it holds its charge a long time! Mine was still 100% after 3 days of sitting in my bag. But if you leave it in the charging bundle, it slowly drains. So once your charging bundle fully charges your spare, take it out of the bundle store it.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-14 07:15 PM
    I just verified a second test and it appears as though if you store just the battery it holds its charge a long time! Mine was still 100% after 3 days of sitting in my bag. But if you leave it in the charging bundle, it slowly drains. So once your charging bundle fully charges your spare, take it out of the bundle store it.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. This is what I tried as well the other day. Once fully charged, take it out of the charging bundle. I used to keep it in the charging bundle as a carrying case, but it would lose around 3-5% charge daily. Strange.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-14 02:27 AM