Hello again!

My charming Q10 is giving a weird issue. When I start typing it types perfectly. But gradually it starts hanging, I mean the longer the text is, the slower it gets.

and also, I can not turn of the suggestions appearing on bottom of the screen. :/

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:48 PM
    Hello again!

My charming Q10 is giving a weird issue. When I start typing it types perfectly. But gradually it starts hanging, I mean the longer the text is, the slower it gets.

and also, I can not turn of the suggestions appearing on bottom of the screen. :/

Posted via CB10
    Are you on a leak? 10.3?
    Happened me with this leak.
    10.2.1 is ok.

Posted via Q10Bold
    08-27-14 12:50 PM
    Q10 slow typing issue :(-img_20140827_225502.png
    I don't think its a leak :/ could you tell? By looking at the screenshot

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 12:56 PM
    You can tell yes - and you're not running a leak. You're running the latest version.

I've encountered this problem before but it's very brief and not very often.

Is this "slow type" issue very often?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    08-27-14 02:09 PM
    You can tell yes - and you're not running a leak. You're running the latest version.

I've encountered this problem before but it's very brief and not very often.

Is this "slow type" issue very often?

#CB10 #Q10 #Darkhorse
    Yes, its really often! I am very annoyed. After a battery pull It goes away for a while but then it starts happening again.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 02:13 PM
    Check "Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > CPU & Memory tabs" when you encounter the problem. And tell us in what app are you typing.

08-27-14 02:24 PM
    I apologize that this is giving you a problem I had a problem back in the day with my 9630 tour. Could be some app that's giving your phone trouble. Have you downloaded any apps recently that werent installed on your device prior to these issues ever happening?

Posted via Q10RR
    08-27-14 02:54 PM
    Check "Settings > App Manager > Device Monitor > CPU & Memory tabs" when you encounter the problem. And tell us in what app are you typing.

This one looks good .. I am gonna test it now. Will post the results

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:12 PM
    I apologize that this is giving you a problem I had a problem back in the day with my 9630 tour. Could be some app that's giving your phone trouble. Have you downloaded any apps recently that werent installed on your device prior to these issues ever happening?

Posted via Q10RR
    I guess its happening from start. When I wasnt even having any app installed on my phone

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:13 PM
    You'd know if you're running a leak, because you would have had to manually install it. LOL. You would have had to follow a bunch of steps.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:23 PM
    I've never had an issue with the keyboard responding slowly. I have had my Q10 since launch. Sorry to hear you're having problems.
    Does it happen in all apps? Like, when typing in BBM vs. Remember perhaps.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 03:25 PM
    This is weird. I turned of the suggestions that was appearing at the bottom of the screen while typing and voila lol! I want suggestions to appear tho, can anyone of you guys confim? Whether it happens In your case or not?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-14 04:42 PM
    I have this issue when typing comment in some forums. It's really annoyed when typing and waiting for letters appearing slowly. But it does nothing in CB10 or Facebook app, so I think BlackBerry Os 10 is not compatible with some forums' codes.

Posted via CB10 on my Cute 10
    08-28-14 04:41 AM
    You need suggestions on a Q10? Or is it because words you're using need some type of correction? I don't find any need for suggestions when using a Q10. I understand auto correct when you mix up some letters in a word, but suggestions? Eh, no need, forgot the feature was even there.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-28-14 07:58 AM
    I have this issue when typing comment in some forums. It's really annoyed when typing and waiting for letters appearing slowly. But it does nothing in CB10 or Facebook app, so I think BlackBerry Os 10 is not compatible with some forums' codes.

I agree, may not even be the phone, could be whatever apps you're using. Is it happening in the native SMS app as well?

Posted via Q10RR
    08-28-14 08:05 AM
    You need suggestions on a Q10? Or is it because words you're using need some type of correction? I don't find any need for suggestions when using a Q10. I understand auto correct when you mix up some letters in a word, but suggestions? Eh, no need, forgot the feature was even there.

Posted via Q10RR
    I am in a country where not too many people talk in English on daily usage. So auto-correct kind of annoy us. It makes funny mistakes that are not bearable. So yeah, I do need the feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:28 AM
    I agree, may not even be the phone, could be whatever apps you're using. Is it happening in the native SMS app as well?

Posted via Q10RR
    In my case it is happening in native SMS and BBM only. I haven't tried other forums yet. But on CB its totally fine.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-14 10:30 AM
    For information, the auto-correct feature is adaptative. The more you use it, the more it learns. Today, it's able to suggest English, French, geek and my "own" words
    08-28-14 11:44 AM

Posted via Q10RR
    In the native SMS or Email, typing speed is perfect. Whenever I have the issue - "slow typing", I use app Noted to type a long paragraph and then copy it to that forum. That's my solution for this problem.

08-28-14 12:18 PM
    Oh, you know what! I was underestimating my BlackBerry. Since I'm new to the Q10 I thought it won't be able to learn. Voila, after 7 days of use, it works perfectly! I can safely say, it's the best I've ever had .. pardon for being weird, I'm just a novice. Anyway, that slow typing issue has gone away, it was the suggestions, when I turned them off it worked perfectly afterwards. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-29-14 06:34 AM
    My issue is still here, lol

08-29-14 08:36 PM
    I am in a country where not too many people talk in English on daily usage. So auto-correct kind of annoy us. It makes funny mistakes that are not bearable. So yeah, I do need the feature.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean to offend you in any way I apologize. I see how suggestions could be very useful to you. I can't understand why it's only happening in those two apps, especially since they're native apps. Is your OS up to date?

Posted via Q10RR
    08-29-14 09:05 PM
    I didn't mean to offend you in any way I apologize. I see how suggestions could be very useful to you. I can't understand why it's only happening in those two apps, especially since they're native apps. Is your OS up to date?

Posted via Q10RR
    No offense taken anyway, yes my OS is up to date. Now it's getting weird. I thought the issue has gone away. Last night I was on whatsapp, it started happening again. I tried native app too, it still happened. I went to device monitor, it was only "system" which had taken about 23% of cpu while the whole ram was empty I guess. So overloading seems not to be an issue here.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 04:26 AM
    Maybe reload the OS? That's so strange because it's not a hardware issue, it's software. I'm bewildered.

Posted via Q10RR
    08-30-14 04:40 PM
    Yes my friend first security wipe it then reload the OS.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 06:38 AM
29 12