Hello,

First, my Q10 has a broken Simslot. 2 Pins are broken.

Here are some Threads about this Problem. But no Solution.

question 1: If I had luck the Vodafone Shop (Germany) will replace the Phone ?
    question 2: If no, Will I loose my Warranty if I sent it to this shop Mobile Device Workshop - Instant Repair Services Nationwide - Repairing iPhones, iPads, Blackberry, HTC, iPad, Nokia Lumia, Samsung Galaxy, Sony, Logic Boards, LCD screen repairs etc ?
    question 3: How much does it cost repairing by BBRY ?

Thank you very much...

PS: Please no Questions how it brokes ...
    11-15-13 05:54 AM
    Best way is to try your carrier first. Although if you broke them yourself they might not be willing to send you a new one.

I would then call BlackBerry.

Only after those options are exhausted would I go to a third party shop.
    11-16-13 12:35 PM
    Hey Marcus, a broken simslot doesn't make the world go down! A spare part is available at the amount of 10?. You just need a small soldering iron and these little screwdrivers - replacement should be done within one hour, I think

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 12:46 PM
    Hi,

I don't think Vodafone will help (grobe Fahrl�ssigkeit), at least not for a reasonable amount of money.

I recently had a look at Q10s on eBay.de. There are quite some with broken SIM slots. Those devices are usually sold for 180� - 190�. Maybe that's a fourth option for you.

I also checked if it's possible to repair one by myself, but after watching YouTube videos on that matter I decided not give it a try. The shop you mention has a page with step-by-step instructions on how to repair a broken sim slot on the Z10 or Q10. As fas as I can tell they are the only viable option if you live in Germany.
    11-16-13 01:40 PM
    Yeah, I would definitely check with carrier first..you may be surprised that they will replace it. This happened on my first Q10. I had went from an iPhone 5 to Q10, so I had the nano sim...anyway, so I could switch back to my iPhone if I wanted to, I bought a sim tray adapter. When I put it in my Q10, I didn't push it in just right, and it got stuck and I ended up breaking 2 pins off. Surprisingly, I called my carrier and explained to them, and they still sent me a replacement. I was slightly nervous though thinking warranty would bill me full price, but they never did and they accepted it. I guess it might just depend on who you talk to, and carrier.
    11-16-13 02:27 PM
    Thank you for the answers .

@PMdlrogers81 : This Answer let me hope. Same happend to me Should I say to him, how its broken ? Or should I say something like " I dont know why its broken?!" :-) What do you think?

Monday I will go to the Vodafone Shop (Germany) and look what they can do for me ?!

TY
    11-17-13 05:22 AM
    how did the pins break?
    11-17-13 05:08 PM
    how did the pins break?
    with an nanosim adapter
    11-18-13 03:47 AM
    Check with the carrier first, play dumb. I don't know WHAT happened There after a 3rd party repair shop.
    11-19-13 11:15 AM
    If you came to me I'd send you a new phone for sure. Hopefully they'll do the same

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    11-19-13 02:08 PM
    I broke the Sim slot on my AT&T Z10 using the nanosim adaptor also. AT&T refused to replaced the phone because I didn't buy the phone from them( bought bran new from Ebay).
    11-19-13 02:35 PM
    Next week I get a new Device.

Vodafone Germany ! Good Service.
    11-28-13 10:45 AM
    I live in India. And I face the same problem that the sim card slot got broken in my bb q10 because of nano adapter. Help me to solve this issue. Shouls I go to network provider or to bb service??
    12-06-15 02:28 AM