Hello All,

last week i destroyed my new Q10 by inserting a nano SIM in a adapter. First my SIM reader couldn�t read my SIM, then suddenly a PIN of the SIM reader just broke and fall off. This was the first try to jump from iphone 5 to Q10

Repair cost, round about 70�. After this accident, i googled this issue and saw, tons of pieces of advice to avoid adapter.

So, now my question is. My provider delivers the SIM card only in this triple Sim format, where the needed sim card can be broken out of its perforation.

Has anybody here made any experience using the Q10 or any latest Blackberry with one of this triple sim card?

I don�t want to risk to damage my Q10 again.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    05-02-15 04:13 AM
    Hello All,

last week i destroyed my new Q10 by inserting a nano SIM in a adapter. First my SIM reader couldn�t read my SIM, then suddenly a PIN of the SIM reader just broke and fall off. This was the first try to jump from iphone 5 to Q10

Repair cost, round about 70�. After this accident, i googled this issue and saw, tons of pieces of advice to avoid adapter.

So, now my question is. My provider delivers the SIM card only in this triple Sim format, where the needed sim card can be broken out of its perforation.

Has anybody here made any experience using the Q10 or any latest Blackberry with one of this triple sim card?

I don�t want to risk to damage my Q10 again.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Hi, no problems here! Changing (swapping) SIM card in my Q10 on weekly basis (almost every weekend) for last 16 months, so far so good. BTW, haven't seen SIM cards around other than in so called "3 in 1" for a long time.
    monoaural likes this.
    05-02-15 11:33 AM
    I have a iPhone 5c and I'm planning on getting the q10, and I thought I could only get adapters to use it. Would I have to go to my AT&T store to get a micro sim?
    05-02-15 02:42 PM
    Three UK has them. I was using one of them on my Q my nexus and 8X no problem until I made it into a the smallest sim possible. Ones you separate it the whole thing becomes flimsy as heck. Would not recommend using it again if your going to a phone with a bigger sim. Could damage the pins

Posted via CB10
    05-03-15 02:38 PM
    Hi, no problems here! Changing (swapping) SIM card in my Q10 on weekly basis (almost every weekend) for last 16 months, so far so good. BTW, haven't seen SIM cards around other than in so called "3 in 1" for a long time.
    hi @magnetox,
    which adapter exactly are you using?
    thanks
    09-15-15 04:23 AM
    No adapter needed! Proof positive here: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862963. I promise! Just try it and not have the worry of breaking pins and an expensive repair.

Posted via CB10
    joewoo likes this.
    09-18-15 06:20 AM
    Yea you don't HAVE to have an adapter.... jus slide it in but don't go all the way... the pressure from the pins should be able to hold it in place
    09-18-15 03:19 PM
    Hi there. I saw the first posting was in Mai... but since the OP chimed in again, I wanted to add a comment.
    Swapping sim cards of different sizes using adapters and/or cut the card is bad for the golden pins of the device.
    Repairing the damaged phone costs a lot an in some cases it can be unrepairable so that you can only use with Wi-Fi.

I have two devices and I got 2 sim cards. Okay nothing is free in this world, so I got the second card for a fee of 10 EUR!!!

I also talked to the representant, for only one extra fee paid once for lifetime they activated data on my second card.

Now I use both phones parellaly, even data.

Only one card is the "main" and recieves sms. But I can swap the function by using a code *number# and the function switches to the other phone.

Think about it. Cheers!

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-19-15 04:19 AM
    thank you guys for all you helping comments. good to here that no adapter is needed. thats how i will do the trick.

@anischab
    actually having two cards would be awesome. i wouldn�t mind to pay some extra, extra fee in order to use 2 cards at the same time. i talked to my provider. they would send me a second card for 15€ but ONLY one card would be active.
    may i ask you which provider you have? you can pmail me. not sure if it is allowed to name brands here in the forum.
    09-19-15 06:54 AM
    thank you guys for all you helping comments. good to here that no adapter is needed. thats how i will do the trick.

@anischab
    actually having two cards would be awesome. i wouldn�t mind to pay some extra, extra fee in order to use 2 cards at the same time. i talked to my provider. they would send me a second card for 15� but ONLY one card would be active.
    may i ask you which provider you have? you can pmail me. not sure if it is allowed to name brands here in the forum.
    I live in germany and use D1 (t-mobile)

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    monoaural likes this.
    09-19-15 07:02 AM
    Had the same problem, but I couldn't have it repaired! Who is your Q10 simtray repair guy then?!?

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 08:02 AM
    hi @magnetox,
    which adapter exactly are you using?
    thanks
    Hi, and sorry for not replying before!
    I am using simple, no name adapter picked up on ebay, like one below:
    Nano SIM Card TO Micro Regular Full Standard SIM Card Tray Adapter Holder Iphone | eBay
    09-20-15 04:50 AM