Hello,

I have a weird problem with the app search on my Q10, with OS version 10.1.

When I use the search app to search for a certain keyword, it shows me browser history results as well as draft messages. The problem is I have cleared all draft messages and browser history results, but somehow they keep coming up when I search for that keyword with the search app.

Has anybody experienced this?

Any solutions out there?

Thanks
    08-02-13 02:55 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

You can try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

Anything working better after that reboot?
    08-02-13 03:02 PM
    Thank you elite1,

Before I try a device reset, I want to know if it will delete my perso data, e.g. pics, music, browser bookmarks, etc.
    08-02-13 03:21 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

You can try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down your top button for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, and BB splashscreen again. I hold down that button until I see the blue startup icon.

Anything working better after that reboot?
    Hello elite1, again, thank you for getting back to me. I tried the device reset and it didn't fix my issue.

Let me know if you have any other idea.
    08-02-13 03:52 PM
    I haven't found out the cause of this, but I have found out a cure.

Search for something that you know will throw up a lot of results - so if, for example, you are based in the UK, try searching for "447". In my case, this showed up dozens of old text messages I had deleted.

(If you go into these old messages, they are blank.)

Don't try to go into these messages and delete them - it won't work. And don't try to select more than one at a time and do a bulk-delete - that won't work, either.

The only way to get rid of them is to select each one individually, press on it until the menu with the trash can appears, and then hit the trash can.

Even then, it will look as though it hasn't deleted - but when you do a fresh search for the same term, you should find it has gone.

I hope this helps (and makes sense!)
    06-29-14 05:32 PM