Am so happy with my Q10 bought in India. The manufacturing date on the box is July 2014 and the keyboard seems fine so far. Just been a week into using it. Only thing I noticed is that the Left side of my screen is a little squeaky, not very loud but audible to my ear. I can also feel the screen dipping a little when I press on the left side. Tried the right side of the screen and it is perfectly alright. Not affecting normal usage of phone but curious if it is a common issue or just a one off situation.
    boxxer1371 likes this.
    09-18-14 10:18 AM
    I think most q10 everything is tight. Seem like something went together not quite right

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    09-18-14 10:37 AM
    It is a common issue but I do not really get how people are using the device if they can hear this during normal usage.. I came across a topic on this when I got the device and only for that reason did I test it and found out it does squeak. However, I would never ever apply that much pressure during regular use to here it. Since it applies to the very left edge of the screen only.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:29 AM
    I used to have that issue when I first got my Q10. And then now, I don't seem to hear the creaking noise. So yours should be quiet in a couple months, and it might have to do with internal adhesives drying out or something.

Either way, even if it did. I would not mind. It is a touch screen so you are not supposed to apply that much pressure anyways.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    09-18-14 11:31 AM
    It is a common issue but I do not really get how people are using the device if they can hear this during normal usage.. I came across a topic on this when I got the device and only for that reason did I test it and found out it does squeak. However, I would never ever apply that much pressure during regular use to here it. Since it applies to the very left edge of the screen only.

Posted via CB10
    The only situation I can think of is when people are cleaning their screens. They end up putting more pressure then the usual usage and they can hear the sound.

09-18-14 11:33 AM
    I also has the same problem. The left side of the screen, right above the charging port, is dipping a little from pressure. Manufacture date is also July 2014.
    09-18-14 11:36 AM
    I agree I would not press it hard either... but noticed that during one of the presses... it is not very loud sound, only when the screen was dipping a bit I went closer and heard the nosie. as long as others face the issue and it is not a problem in long run am fine.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:38 AM
    I saw someone had posted pictures of the left upper corner as well as the left edge of the screen being slightly raised above the frame and I have that too though it is not that obvious.

Anyhow, I would not worry about this at all unless you know you can change your device for a new one fast and without having to battle through poor customer service as well as rolling a dice in respect to getting an exchanged device with, let us say, the double typing issue.

Sorry for the long sentences, lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-14 11:44 AM
    Funny now that you guys say this my screen broke right at the charging port. I never heard it squeak but wonder if a bit of the frame rubs there. I pulled mine out of pocket and half the screen was blank. I could see a small crack under the top glass.

Reg Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2491
    09-18-14 11:47 AM
    You don't press the screen, it's not like a membrane. To use a touch screen you only need to touch it lightly.

Posted by a Proud NRA Supporter!
    09-18-14 11:36 PM
    Mine is tight. Never heard about this issue until this thread my unit is barely a couple of months old, but has began double typing letters a and o. Tragic.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 12:29 AM
    My friend don't worry, known issue
    So many threads with the same issue
    Don't worry so many with same problem
    Almost every Q10 has the lesft side screen problem
    It doesn't affect nothing
    Forget about it

Posted via CB10
    dream100cc likes this.
    09-19-14 06:56 AM
    Had had this same issue and returned it, got a new one (bought through BlackBerry website, I returned it and got a full refund).

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 07:41 AM
    Mine did it for the first couple of weeks. Now it doesn't at all. Earlier post about adhesives needing to cure may be correct. My phone is a July 2014 also.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 02:11 PM
    Blackberry states the squeakyness is part of the "design".

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 12:54 PM
    I saw someone had posted pictures of the left upper corner as well as the left edge of the screen being slightly raised above the frame and I have that too though it is not that obvious.

Anyhow, I would not worry about this at all unless you know you can change your device for a new one fast and without having to battle through poor customer service as well as rolling a dice in respect to getting an exchanged device with, let us say, the double typing issue.

Sorry for the long sentences, lol.

Posted via CB10
    I'm that one.
    Don't worry, I also have the same issue, but I think it's better than the double typing, at least.

Posted via CB10 on my Cute 10
    Naeg1995 likes this.
    09-21-14 08:07 PM
    I has the same issue with my Q, although after a while it seemed to work itself out. Still a little loo but hardly noticable.
    09-21-14 08:31 PM
    Next time you visit a phone store, try pushing the screen in on all other phones as well, and you will find the majority of them squeak as well.

09-25-14 05:10 AM
    Hmm my q10 is a yeart old and always in rubber case. I have some dust and clinging today and just noticed that left side is little lose, I don't know is that from before but never noticed before, and I was want to star tread when I see I am not only one whit this "problem". Is this going to be problematic in future? Because I noticed that after a year of use, my was never make some sound

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 06:52 AM
    ... Is this going to be problematic in future? ...

Posted via CB10
    I don't think so, it more feels like a construction feature, some kind of "defect". It shouldn't cause any problems with time.
    09-25-14 07:11 AM
    Just got a replacement and it doesn't have the left hand squeak. Screen is brighter too.
    09-26-14 02:05 AM