As in killing my eyes! I love the feel and build quality of the Q10, but seriously, I can't stand to look at the screen.

I am a recent first time BlackBerry user with my Q5. I guess I'm still looking for a BlackBerry device that makes me 100% satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 11:33 PM
    Are you able to try a Classic? It is an LCD screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 12:29 AM
    Passport
    11-03-15 01:55 AM
    I love the screen of Q10, even if smaller it has a better view as the classic... but of course the PP is top!

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and bbnrs like this.
    11-03-15 02:12 AM
    So has nobody else had issues with the screen hurting their eyes?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:26 AM
    Doesn't hurt my eyes, but I do find it way too dim.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    11-03-15 10:31 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 10:35 AM
    I love it.. is there any other phone including all doing better than q10 for that price in the market .. just a doubt?

Posted via CB10
    11-03-15 11:07 AM
    I used a Q10 during one year and totally loved it. But since September I have the Passport, and when I used my Q10 two days ago it gave me a headache.

The Q10 is a great phone but once you used the Passport, you can't go back. But I think it feels the same with other phones.

I really loved the darks on the AMOLED screen. I'm a fan of plain black wallpapers and it doesn't feel the same on the Passport.
    sir mictol likes this.
    11-03-15 12:56 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...x-q10-1042658/
    I'm just recycling my comment from the thread link above

I had passport then classic and now Q10.

Classic was a nice device, but laggy compared to passport in every step. I really really enjoyed the trackpad.
    I've got used to the 'lag', and almost kept it until my brother bought PASSPORT.

So I got a chance to compare the two (classic and passport). What ultimately was the deal breaker for me and what led me to selling CLASSIC was the screen. Not the size. Size is good. But pixel density. If it had at least the PPI of Q10 I'd be perfectly fine with classic even though it's specs are hilariously outdated and it's keyboard is not touch sensitive (they made it for PRIV, shame they passed it on CLASSIC).

Passport (and Q10) screen is sharp and I CAN read stuff on it, meanwhile text on CLASSIC is pixelated and gives me eyes train if try to read something longer than SMS, like forum posts or news or emails.

Passport gives me no eye strain. Text is super sharp on it.

Classic should've had at least 1080x1080 screen for sure.

I'd really advise you to keep in mind the low resolution the screen has.
    (it's below 300PPI which is 'retina' so you CAN and WILL see pixels or at least bad text)
    world saviour likes this.
    11-04-15 07:03 AM
    So has nobody else had issues with the screen hurting their eyes?

Posted via CB10
    Nope.

However, depends on why or what is causing the discomfort. For me when I upgraded to 10.3, with the flat UI, small fonts, poor use of grey fonts on darker grey or white backgrounds, I was reaching for reading glasses. Eyes were tired and stressed. With the 10.2, I do not, yet and for some time to come I hope, need to reach for readers.

Downgraded and think the Q is perfect for my needs.
    11-04-15 08:25 AM
    Perhaps adjusting the brightness level lower might reduce eye stress. I noticed that screen viewing is more difficult when the brightness is set to a higher level.
    11-04-15 05:43 PM
    I also find AMOLED screens painful to look at. It's the contrast between colours and different pixels.

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.2339
    11-04-15 10:55 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...x-q10-1042658/
    I'm just recycling my comment from the thread link above

I had passport then classic and now Q10.

Classic was a nice device, but laggy compared to passport in every step. I really really enjoyed the trackpad.
    I've got used to the 'lag', and almost kept it until my brother bought PASSPORT.

So I got a chance to compare the two (classic and passport). What ultimately was the deal breaker for me and what led me to selling CLASSIC was the screen. Not the size. Size is good. But pixel density. If it had at least the PPI of Q10 I'd be perfectly fine with classic even though it's specs are hilariously outdated and it's keyboard is not touch sensitive (they made it for PRIV, shame they passed it on CLASSIC).

Passport (and Q10) screen is sharp and I CAN read stuff on it, meanwhile text on CLASSIC is pixelated and gives me eyes train if try to read something longer than SMS, like forum posts or news or emails.

Passport gives me no eye strain. Text is super sharp on it.

Classic should've had at least 1080x1080 screen for sure.

I'd really advise you to keep in mind the low resolution the screen has.
    (it's below 300PPI which is 'retina' so you CAN and WILL see pixels or at least bad text)
    ^^^ This.

I have Passport and Q10. Love and use them both interchangeably--mostly for the PPI. Sharp and clear, good for the eyes, as one uses them mostly for reading and writing stuffs on screen. Thank you for keeping me steadfast on the Q10. I mean, I thought about having a Classic for the belt experience, but the PPI really bogs me down. That, and the unfortunate fact that the keyboard is not touch sensitive like the Passport.

Sigh...
    ck2nb likes this.
    11-05-15 12:11 AM
    Q10 screen is too damn bright.
    Or at least it doesn't dim enough in darkness.

An LCD screen would've been perfect, the Classic screen is easier on my eyes and in dark rooms.
    11-05-15 12:52 PM
    I love the Q10's super amoled display! In fact, I was contemplating getting a 730 instead of the Passport SE, for the simple fact that the Z30's screen is amoled and the Passports is LCD.

I'm still gonna get the Passport SE because it's LCD has a higher PPI than the Q's amoled.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2639/SR .2474  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    11-05-15 04:39 PM
    Get a new "daily driver."
    11-05-15 05:00 PM
    Have you tried adjusting the brightness level? Do you use mostly dark themes or light themes when possible?

I usually have my Q10 at the lowest brightness setting. I have never experienced any pain due to screen. It may be time to get a new/bigger phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:32 PM
    Have you tried adjusting the brightness level? Do you use mostly dark themes or light themes when possible?

I usually have my Q10 at the lowest brightness setting. I have never experienced any pain due to screen. It may be time to get a new/bigger phone.

Posted via CB10
    Brightness has been adjusted all the way down, which has helped.

Regarding size of the phone, I switched to BlackBerry because I wanted a smaller phone, among other reasons.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 08:59 PM
    I never have the problem with the screen.

Posted from kyuten
    11-07-15 01:28 AM
    Q10 is my second BlackBerry phone and I most say that I love it screen.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:16 AM
    As in killing my eyes! I love the feel and build quality of the Q10, but seriously, I can't stand to look at the screen.

I am a recent first time BlackBerry user with my Q5. I guess I'm still looking for a BlackBerry device that makes me 100% satisfied.

Posted via CB10
    I've had a Q10 since Jan.4 2014 and just recently switched to a Z30 i picked up used. It was an adjustment not having the pkb and size carrying it around but man i love the Z30's large display!! So much nicer to browse the net, edit files, and stuff. So now my q10 is my back up . The prices of Leaps and Z30's are coming down by the week with the new Priv out, even the classic is dropping in price. I bought a leap(for wife) and z30 for $150 each used like new. Staples has the Leap on for 250 unlocked too brand new with warranty.
    Last edited by hayman68; 11-07-15 at 01:42 PM.
    11-07-15 12:33 PM
    Quick update: I've now been using this phone for a couple of days. I've turned brightness down as far as possible, and I have a matte screen cover. This has seemed to work for me.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and coffeeaddict305 like this.
    11-11-15 03:06 PM
    I used a Q10 during one year and totally loved it. But since September I have the Passport, and when I used my Q10 two days ago it gave me a headache.

The Q10 is a great phone but once you used the Passport, you can't go back. But I think it feels the same with other phones.

I really loved the darks on the AMOLED screen. I'm a fan of plain black wallpapers and it doesn't feel the same on the Passport.
    So true! I sold my passport then got a classic and typing in the keyboard no longer feels right.. so sold the classic and bought a passport.
    Nothing beats working wide.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-15 02:05 AM
    When I came back to blackberry from android I feel like I got back my lost peace.. it's pleasure having a blackberry device that too q10

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 11:27 AM
27 12