04-14-13 06:02 PM
44 12
tools
    The screen is larger than the Bold 9900. And that phone was touch screen as well.
    I own a 9900. The buttons and other UI targets are smaller on it than on the Q10. The 9900 doesn't feel any more cramped than the Q10 in my quick look. On BB7 when you shrink the global font size, just about everything gets smaller. But on the Q10 when you do that, a lot of things stay big (like the bar you usually get at the bottom) since they hold graphics instead of text.
    04-09-13 10:09 AM
    I own a 9900. The buttons and other UI targets are smaller on it than on the Q10. The 9900 doesn't feel any more cramped than the Q10 in my quick look. On BB7 when you shrink the global font size, just about everything gets smaller. But on the Q10 when you do that, a lot of things stay big (like the bar you usually get at the bottom) since they hold graphics instead of text.
    So what's the problem?
    04-09-13 04:00 PM
    I am worried that Android side loaded apps might work badly due to screen real-estate. Fingers crossed not.
    This is my major concern as well. My story is not so rare these days, but, I was a Blackberry addict before becoming an Android addict. Now, with Thorsten Heins as CEO (good riddance Mike Lizardman!), Blackberry 10 as the OS, and the beautiful Q10 coming out...I am ITCHING to try out Blackberry again.

But if my android apps don't function on the Q10...damn, that would be a huge disappointment for me, and I will have to see if I'll be able to cope without them. If I can't use my Gentle Alarm app, educational Japanese-learning apps like Obenkyo, my flashcard app Anki, etc...I might have a problem. :-\ Can't wait for BerryBuzz again though...and QuikLaunch, if that puppy's still around!
    04-09-13 05:22 PM
    So what's the problem?
    Exactly what i said in my original post. All the ui elements are really big and that makes the screen cramped since you have a smaller screen than the Z10 to begin with. It feels a lot like they developed the ui with the Z10 as the priority.
    04-09-13 08:37 PM
    I guess big elements should be okay... You just have to scroll a tad more than on the Z10... Right?
    04-10-13 06:07 AM
    I have the z10, my first slab phone and to be honest, I only look at the top of the screen when doing most tasks. I don't think the larger screen offers greater benefit than a physical keyboard. I may be looking to trade.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-13 06:44 AM
    If you are upgrading from a current Qwerty BB, the screen on the Q10 is going to be a huge improvement in size and picture quality.
    04-10-13 10:58 AM
    That latest video still shows problems registering the up-swipe from the bottom of the screen. Maybe it just takes a little practice ?
    04-11-13 01:18 PM
    That latest video still shows problems registering the up-swipe from the bottom of the screen. Maybe it just takes a little practice ?
    Which video? The last three videos I watched, all released last week, showed a virtually flawless hub gesture.
    04-11-13 01:36 PM
    Which video?
    My apologies. I thought the video was new but it was dated Jan 30.
    04-11-13 01:39 PM
    Old or new, this fault will be highly unlikely to make it to production models.
    04-11-13 01:45 PM
    If you are upgrading from a current Qwerty BB, the screen on the Q10 is going to be a huge improvement in size and picture quality.
    That's what I'm thinking. I'm using a Curve 9320 at the moment, and think the Q10 will be a big step up!
    04-11-13 04:45 PM
    I was playing around with my friend's Note 2 today, and I think that has an AMOLED screen. I did not think the text looked great on it. Now, it may have to do with the pixel density -- not sure. Will have to see the Q10 in person to put any screen concerns to rest.
    04-11-13 05:36 PM
    I'm sure most potential Q10 owners are well aware of the compromises made versus a regular widescreen like the Z10. If they're happy with how things look on their Bolds and Curves, they're unlikely to have a problem with the Q10.
    04-11-13 06:08 PM
    One thing I hope they get right on the Q10 is visibility in sunlight. On my 9900 I have no trouble seeing the screen even on very sunny days. I hope the Q10 is like that too.
    04-14-13 03:14 PM
    Did you use a screen protector? I dropped my Galaxy S2 more than the Storm, not 1 scratch or cracked screen, same for my Note 2. Actually my Storm was the 1st and only phone it happened with, drop height was not even that high, about 30 cm. I dont drop phones a lot but drops can happen. It didnt happen on my "replacement" Storm cause i used an Otterbox on the replacement. Both of the Samsung devices have a flimsy protection compared to the Otterbox but still no scratches or cracks. I know that its not only bout the Gorilla glass but everything helps.
    Unfortunately that is just one of those **** happens situations, for your one small drop causing problems there are similar ones where the bb was fine and the other device was the one that broke and it has precisely no correlation between which was the horribly overhyped gorilla glass or not.
    04-14-13 05:35 PM
    Yes the Q10 will be 4G LTE ready. There will be models that support LTE and models which do not, very similar to how the Z10 variants turned out
    Actually with the variants we already know about, there does not seem to be any that do not support LTE with the q10.
    04-14-13 05:37 PM
    Coming from an Android device with a larger than 4 inch screen I'm wondering how much it'll bother me. Generally I align the text I want to read with the top of the screen, so I'm only using the upper half. For the better physical keyboard I think I can make the trade. Also, AMOLED is great and power friendly, especially on a smaller screen like the Q10's. At 720x720, even with a PenTile matrix, text should be pretty crisp. Readability in sunlight will require you to turn on autobrightness/crank it up though. I expect not to have to many complaints about the screen.
    04-14-13 05:45 PM
    Just a little concerned about the screen size.. I will be jumping on the Q10 bandwagon from the iPhone 4. The Q10 will be my first QWERTY-device! There isnt that much of a screen different from the iPhone 4 and the Q10, but I just hope i wont notice it to much. After all, going from 3.5" to 3.1" shouldnt be THAT much, I hope.

I mostly use my device for texting and e-mail and browsing Facebook/Instagram and some newspaper sites and some occasionally youtube-videos.. But we shall se! I just know that I am looking forward to the Q10!
    mystic84 likes this.
    04-14-13 06:02 PM
44 12