So I had to do some work and my Internet provider was down I normally work on my iMac for design and it was like a day that I had to send stuff out I turned on the Q10 hot spot and the iMac WiFi bam! I was online it was fast and no problems my cell plan had 6 gig data so I was good to get the job done. I remember trying the same thing on iphones it never worked I did this once on BlackBerry 9900 performed great too

Posted via CB10
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-30-15 02:30 AM
    Sprint does not offer this option without paying extra. Who is your carrier? Do you have to subscribe to a plan that includes the hotspot option at an extra cost?
    12-30-15 03:24 AM
    Pretty awesome! I do the same, it's included in my phone plan

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 04:51 AM
    It's just a personal WiFi Hotspot - I'm with rogers

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 04:58 AM
    It's a brilliant little beast 😄 happy to hear stories like these.

 Blackberryist 
    12-30-15 07:05 AM
    Do not use the function, often, when I do I am on the road away from wifi.

Always works great - have hosted up to five devices without issues. All colleagues are able to connect quickly and easily.

Another reason why I think it a GREAT device. Sadly under appreciated and supported.
    hlg8888 likes this.
    12-30-15 08:50 AM
    One of the modern techworld's truly greatest mysteries. Why such a neat powerful device combined with a very well written operating system could not become a commercial success.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 12:54 PM
    I am on MTS (Manitoba, Canada, Eh) and have unlimited Canada-wide data on LTE, although I have to pay extra for internet tethering.

Was out at my daughter's place in the wilds of BC this summer with my Classic propped in the window being a hot-spot so that I could use my iPad to log into the Unix box at work to do remote support while on holidays. Yeah, Mon, it rocks!
    12-31-15 03:47 PM
    One of the modern techworld's truly greatest mysteries. Why such a neat powerful device combined with a very well written operating system could not become a commercial success.

Posted via CB10
    At best, I think it was simply poor timing. By that I mean, a new CEO came on board who was not so much a visionary as more an unimaginative fixer. As such the Q languished while the decision was made to move to Android. Unfortunately, I have yet to see any vision and commitment to the BB legacy. The hardware and OS, essentially the public face, will, with Android gradually become the equivalent of today's Timex - mass produced quartz watch, made in China, with neither DNA nor bloodline with what made the watch a universal brand. One can substitute any number of brands; Levi, Tumi, etc.
    12-31-15 08:52 PM
    Do not use the function, often, when I do I am on the road away from wifi.

Always works great - have hosted up to five devices without issues. All colleagues are able to connect quickly and easily.

Another reason why I think it a GREAT device. Sadly under appreciated and supported.
    I use the WiFi hotspot on my Q10 at times when home WiFi is over subscribed - 3 kids 21, 16 & 7 and when the better half is streaming and always when I'm on the road needing fast access to data.

The Q10 is as accessible as my iPhone 5s & iPad Air 2 for WiFi hotspotting.

Its unfortunate that BlackBerry has lost its way. Today's devices command multimedia and play capabilities *all of which BB possess, but its come too late and everyone else has caught up and amassed critical mass. My BlackBerry will until its dies be my main communication device *with the iPhone 5s as my spare and iPad Air 2 my plaything - should time allow.

Ps Happy 2016 to all @ CrackBerry
    12-31-15 10:00 PM