Dont be fooled by the super specs of other phones. The Q10 is a trusty phone and is very fast, like most noswadays phones.

In fact, what other brands advertise in their phones in the app collextion and the branding, but in terms of performance, Q10 is still a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    workittywork, bbnrs and spatrix like this.
    12-21-14 06:57 PM
    Get a Classic or Passport. The Q10 is almost two years old. Why not grab a newer, more innovative device?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    spatrix likes this.
    12-21-14 08:55 PM
    Get a Classic or Passport. The Q10 is almost two years old. Why not grab a newer, more innovative device?

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30
    Besides the toolbelt with trackpad the Classic doesn't offer anything "innovative" at all over the Q. I can't even call the slightly larger screen innovative. I guess that only accounts for the large Passport with the touch enabled keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    workittywork and bbnrs like this.
    12-21-14 10:49 PM
    Go for the Q10. I think the Classic is a good looking device, and I'm sure it's a reliable workhorse. But I've had my Q10 for almost a year now, and I Love it!! Best BlackBerry smartphone I've ever owned!

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs and anon(13322) like this.
    12-21-14 11:40 PM
    unless you want a trackpad and a slightly bigger screen, Q10 may be the better option. I for one totally love the glass weave backing, i'd get it for that alone. Though the classic does have a nice much brighter LCD instead of the super AMOLED of the Q10. C'est la vie.
    12-21-14 11:48 PM
    You absolutely, positively, indubitably, inexorably, uncontestably cannot go wrong with the Q10 (until it starts double-typing).

I love it so much that, even though I literally got it one day after it was launched in Canada, I still love it today. It's like a really awesome marriage -- and the software updates just keep making it better and better!!!!

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    12-22-14 01:22 AM
    love my black q10, but I'm torn that I'm on Verizon and not able to purchase and use the Passport.
    So to mend my sadness, I'm gonna get a refreshing white q10. White is best on BB

Posted via BlackBerry q10
    12-22-14 08:57 PM
    Blackberry is never a safe choice be it passport, classic or q10, you just never know when they'll be blown away. If you are looking for safe go for any android with great specs in the same price range. If by safe u mean software support in future then I guess it will be getting that for at least next year if not more. If by safe u mean better to go for q10 than classic then I guess it's better to go for classic though it will be 100 bucks more.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 05:15 AM
    I would take the Q10 over the classic for sure but if I had to choose a new phone right now it would be the passport of course. I still have yet to see one in person and hopefully AT&T has one to check out soon in store then I can buy a unlocked one for T-Mobile.
    12-23-14 07:42 AM
    If you're in the market for a traditional qwerty device then yes it is. The Classic isn't a massive bump in specs compared to the Q10 and the Q is cheaper. Unless you can't live without the toolbelt the Q10 should fit your needs.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. From my point of view, the Classic selling point would be the gorrila glass, return of the toolbelt & slightly bigger screen. The learning curve of the Q10 takes shortwhile to master (took me 2+ weeks though). Been a 9000 - 9790 - Q10 user, am gonna keepp my Q10. One of my fav are the battery life & the one of a kind glass weaved back panel. Have nothing against the Classic though, just that without a toolbelt, its not the end of the world. Just my 2 cents.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 09:45 AM
    Given the fact that Classic has just been launched with almost same h/w as the Q10, we can safely expect that BlackBerry will support the Q10 with s/w updates for quite some time.At current prices Q10 is definitely a good deal :-) CB10 @ Q5
    Don't bet the farm on that. It is a reasonable assumption, but BlackBerry has a checkered history in keeping to their word. That said, the Q10 has good value for money.
    12-23-14 09:52 AM
    The Q10 is definitely still a good choice! I've always liked the Q10.
    bbnrs and desmondbitdian like this.
    12-23-14 10:36 AM
    I am an android user and a really disappointed one.i didn't want to mention it but i am really done with them.Nothing personal though. Thank you everybody for replying it'nice to actually read to friendly opinions online!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    bbnrs likes this.
    12-23-14 11:42 PM
    Been using my Q10 nearly a year now. And I have a new iphone 6 that my work provided me. However I find it more useful using my Q10 than the iphone. It's just a beast when it comes to communication. I do more emails on my Q10. The keys are not so different from the classic. That predictive words on Q10 is just a blast that makes you time even faster. Compare to iphone's predictive words which is just useless.10.2 version OS is just a killer. Imagine when 10.3 full baked is release. Battery removal is a must and a lot easier when you need to reboot your device. The size of the Q is just perfect. I had bold 9930 and that one was my all time favorite however its just not fast enough. Q10 is the second best in my experince. Give it a shot. If screen size is not a big issue here, then you know you'll bet is safe and never sorry..
    12-24-14 10:00 AM
    I have the z10,z30 and had a q10 but sold it.
    And I just bought another q10 last night off eBay for $160.00 with free shipping new in a sealed box.
    Wile I love the z30 I just don't like the size for when I'm out and about there's just no comfortable way to carry it.
    And now that blackberry blend is available my plan is to buy an iPad mini to go with my q10. Then I'll have the best of both worlds!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 11:43 AM
    Everything "new" is not always better! You have to "think" about your choices and consequences. Have used the Q10 for 1.5 yrs. It's not perfect but it is very good. It's Dec 24 so the end is in site.
    12-24-14 01:08 PM
    well hopefully i can get one (Q10) by the new year. I had a Blackberry curve 8530 and upgraded to a Galaxy Note 2 and I realize the physical keyboard is what im missing out on.
    12-24-14 10:09 PM
    Isn't this thread a bit pointless?

People are still using the BOLD9900 for christs sake. lol

Q10 is 5 times more powerful than a bold9900 so.... of course its fine to get a Q10 in 2014 even in 2017... c'mon people.
    workittywork likes this.
    12-24-14 10:21 PM
    even in 2017... c'mon people.
    I wouldn't go that far. With the increased use of the android VM and advancements in processor architecture, reduced costs of nand flash - it would be wise for BB to upgrade the specs in their next gen of phones which would hopefully be out by then.
    anon(13322) likes this.
    12-25-14 11:19 AM
    I wouldn't go that far. With the increased use of the android VM and advancements in processor architecture, reduced costs of nand flash - it would be wise for BB to upgrade the specs in their next gen of phones which would hopefully be out by then.
    Why not? how would you know? its only 3 years away... lol

This is blackberry not apple/samsung
    12-26-14 08:22 AM
    Yes, the Q10 is a safe device. However, I wouldn't suggest getting one on contract at this point. It you get a Q10, buy it outright.

Posted via CB10
    spatrix likes this.
    12-28-14 09:38 AM
    Dude buy at this price this is one awesome phone and yes it's a power house.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 12:33 AM
    I bought a Q10 mid November, new from BlackBerry. One month in I'm very satisfied. Very few lags, Android apps work very well on the whole (I was afraid they would work as bad as on the PlayBook). I have all the apps I can imagine, a neat UI, a camera that does the job, a really good browser, an excellent hub. Main drawbacks are, well, the camera could be way better, a keyboard which is softer and not really as good as the 9900's, and the text selection isn't very good.
    12-29-14 02:25 PM
    I bought mine outright a few months back, it's a dream to type on fits in the hand perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 02:59 AM
    The age of a phone sometimes defines the capability of course, but for example look at me. I'm 28 and still sexy. So is Q10; is 2 years old but I still don't need any other phone to provide my expectations. The material is matchess and the performance always will be one of the best. If you are looking for a phone, it is a perfect choice. But if you are a gamer I suggest you a PSP with Q10 or Z10 alone.
    spatrix likes this.
    12-30-14 03:35 AM
50 12