Does anyone know of a way to see how much use the Q10 has? On the old legacy devices you could see how much talk time was on each device. I'd be curious to see how much time my old Q10 has. I have replaced I think 6 keyboards and been using it as my daily driver since 2013. With the exception of using my Classic for about 8 months.

I do enjoy my Q10 and I feel it is definitely a device that works for me and what I need. I'm not blind to what it is but I also know what it is not.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 12:53 AM
    After one month with an iPhone SE and a brief flirtation with a Passport SE, I'm back on my trusty Q10.

I wrote about my reasons for choosing the Q10 over the Passport SE on my personal blog: http://newfangled.xyz/post/151357262...ry-passport-se
    I think your linked blog page is broken / missing
    08-12-17 02:44 AM
    Lol strategically? The real lesson was that you cannot be late to market and you have to have a sense of vision for the future.

They understood their "core users" clearly and that was precisely their downfall - when iphone launched they were still trying to convince telecom heads it would never work and the saddest moment was when Mike tried to tell Verizon not to invest in 4G networks when they invited BlackBerry to see what 4G phone they had for them lmao...

When apple launched iphone google immediately cancelled their BlackBerry clone and bought android...BlackBerry should have bought and launched a qnx phone the same time android launched. Pretty simple.

BlackBerry had the users back then and developers would have made apps for them - but they focused too much on meeting the growing demand in emerging markets and apparently it was much easier to develop for iOS than for the java based bbos.

So there was no "strategy" to be found when bb10 finally launched - they were too late.

Then they were too late with bbm and it's been eclipsed by so many other inferior products it's truly so sad

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    They focused on developing markets because that increased BBOS usage and BIS revenue. They never really cared if BB10 succeeded because anything that moved away from monthly BIS revenue killed their cash oxygen.... The founders were dumping their stock while the price remained up because of BIS profits and would have been happy if BB10 was vaporware OS.
    08-13-17 09:37 PM
    I was one of the holdouts and am still using a 9700 but it has been related to second-class citizen status behind my iPhone. I would not have purchased another BB --especially not one with Android. Then I could not buy one from T-Mobile so I just kept the 9700. I just came across a Q10 and grabbed it brand spanking Tmobile branded for $40 so I am going to give it a go and check it out. I totally agree with your statement about "late to market".
    Last edited by Miz.Michele; 09-14-17 at 11:07 PM.
    08-24-17 07:26 PM
    The way I see it is that BlackBerry makes the best keyboard smartphones. There is a certain, but small, niche of people who loves PKB phone. One personal example. I have the best friend, who runs his own business. Until last February he has been using iPhone 6 for personal communications and Samsung 4 Mini for business communications (mostly calls). I presented him BlackBerry Q10 Gold Edition last February. I kind of forced him to convert into a BlackBerry user, cause he didn't see any reason to get one himself.
    So, he threw away Samsung phone and now uses BlackBerry Q10 exclusively for business. At the beginning he was sceptical about BlackBerry, but now he loves it. You know that BlackBerry Q10 Gold Edition looks pretty impressive and some of his partners have been asking him to help them get one
    There are three things that he likes about his BlackBerry Q10 Gold Edition:
    1. It has beautiful design and the iconic BlackBerry brand delivers a certain message to those who deal with him
    2. The great quality of calls. This phone serves its primary function: it provided amazing calling experience.
    3. Great battery life. One example: last Friday he flew to another city without charger and with only 68% of battery juice. Yesterday (4 days later) I visited him at office and check the battery left - it was 11%!! Out of curiosity I checked the device monitor and found out about those 68%, I wrote above. He said he was so sure that BlackBerry Q10 will hold up and therefore didn't bother taking the charger with him.

Summary: the BlackBerry Q10 is an amazing smartphone, but for specific people with specific needs (those people are usually successful ones).

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-30-17 12:17 AM
    After one month with an iPhone SE and a brief flirtation with a Passport SE, I'm back on my trusty Q10.

I wrote about my reasons for choosing the Q10 over the Passport SE on my personal blog: http://newfangled.xyz/post/151357262...ry-passport-se

This Q10 and I have been through a lot. I've replaced the keyboard, screen, and even swapped out the black frame with a silver one from a white Q10.

The result is what I call the "BlackBerry Q10: Bold Edition":

Attachment 409797

I haven't tried a Classic yet - and I plan to - but there's just something about these Q10s that keeps me coming back. Several things, actually.

The compact size, carbon fiber weave back, quality design and build, brilliant 4-row keyboard (Bold 9900 is still the ultimate typing experience, IMO, but the Q10 is no slouch), user-replaceable battery, battery-friendly AMOLED screen when using black/dark themes, dedicated Micro HDMI port, and repair/replacement-friendly construction are just some of the things I really appreciate about this unique device.

The only reason I could think of that I would prefer a Classic over a Q10 is the toolbelt. A trackpad and dedicated call buttons could make all the difference. But I need to really test their implementation in BB10 for my uses. If it's clunky or not intuitive, it may not be worth the larger size and sealed battery the Classic brings with it.

Regardless, I will always have a Q10 in my collection. It's one of the last "pure" BlackBerry phones that was designed, developed, and manufactured 100% by RIM, running a BlackBerry operating system.

Posted from my Q10 via CB10
    I loved the small footprint of the Q10, I have no interest in the tool belt. The only thing to me missing is a capacitive keyboard but I've moved on and my Q10 is long retired. At your rate you'll be testing the KEYone in 2020.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-17 09:34 PM
    Is anybody thinking that Q10 is the best phone of all the time?

Posted via CB10
    Not even close. It's the keyone
    11-02-17 07:11 AM
    Not even close. It's the keyone
    LOL!

The answer was the 9900.

Q10 SQN 100-1 on 10.3.3.1463
    11-02-17 10:34 AM
    Q10 is the best mobile device I've ever used (in my own opinion of course lol), that doesn't mean I don't acknowledge the limitations etc, but it's just ideal for what it was designed to do.
    11-03-17 11:55 AM
    Well,

No way Q10 is the best of all time. Remember that we incline to call things "the best", but of course we change our opinions, as the life goes on. There is nothing wrong in praising Q10 as the best one, but it's more than weird seeing some folks having some other "best" phone each time they get used to something else.

Q10 is great in terms of size. It's really compact phone. Not very light, though, it could had maybe weighed a bit less, but still more than fine. Incomparable to really weighy Priv or K1. It has a fine keyboard (Classic has abetter one, though), rather good screen (nice colours, but the minimal brightness is still wayy to high and the screen is also almost unreadable when in use during the shiny day). I love the back side, the surface is just wonderful at touch. The overall design is nice and looks professional.

It has, however, some major flaws. Terrible battery life (in case u use it as smartphone and not the way we used or b/w Nokias), weak performance (absolutely unsufficient in today's standards), it heats sometimes. There has been many problems with doubletype issue with the keyboard.

It's a great phone and definitely has it's major advantages. Personally, I honor it to the same level as I do my old Sony Ericsson C901. Both have their cons, which make them unique in their cathegories. But it's waaaaay not enough to be the best of all time (up to now). If it was the best, it would had sold better. And it sold terribly bad. Smartphones are not as expensive as say ThinkPads, so sales numbers count. That's a fact and says the truth.

Posted via CB10 using my  Q10!
    11-03-17 01:32 PM
60 123