So I've just received a replacement device from Verizon (a Q10, naturally). The problem I am having is one that I read about months and months ago, and now it finally appears to be plaguing me! I tried wiping the phone and installing the very latest leak, last night, but to no avail: the reboots are still happening.

And it's only occassionally. I set my phone down lightly, and all of a sudden it will restart. It's also happened when I've had a call incoming (that was an older leak, and I attributed the reboot to the software, but eh, I'm wary of that diagnosis). This is my fourth Q10, and the first to have these issues.

So has anyone discovered the cause of these reboots that generally occur after the phone is set down? And it's not something I can recreate, unfortunately. One note: I've been using the BlackBerry Q10 Hard Case (if that makes any difference).

Thanks for the responses. I know there are other threads like this out there, but I haven't seen any crop up in quite some time. Am I dealing with an older Q10 production run?
    03-14-14 12:40 PM
    Your issue probably has to do with a loose battery. Try to force a reboot by shaking and setting your phone down in various ways.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    03-14-14 01:30 PM
    My z10 had a loose battery. I had the same issue. Some well placed scotch tape on the end of the battery was enough to hold it in place and fix the problem.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:33 PM
    Your issue probably has to do with a loose battery. Try to force a reboot by shaking and setting your phone down in various ways.

Live it, love it, be it.....BB10
    I can shake it and slam it down to high heaven, but nothing. It's really random, and usually very gentle.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:40 PM
    I can shake it and slam it down to high heaven, but nothing. It's really random, and usually very gentle.

Posted via CB10
    Mine was the same I could not make it reboot, but a gentle tap would randomly do it. I did the battery thing and it stopped. Idk could have been coincidence for all I know.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 04:18 PM
    So I've just received a replacement device from Verizon (a Q10, naturally). The problem I am having is one that I read about months and months ago, and now it finally appears to be plaguing me! I tried wiping the phone and installing the very latest leak, last night, but to no avail: the reboots are still happening.

And it's only occassionally. I set my phone down lightly, and all of a sudden it will restart. It's also happened when I've had a call incoming (that was an older leak, and I attributed the reboot to the software, but eh, I'm wary of that diagnosis). This is my fourth Q10, and the first to have these issues.

So has anyone discovered the cause of these reboots that generally occur after the phone is set down? And it's not something I can recreate, unfortunately. One note: I've been using the BlackBerry Q10 Hard Case (if that makes any difference).

Thanks for the responses. I know there are other threads like this out there, but I haven't seen any crop up in quite some time. Am I dealing with an older Q10 production run?

I think this was mentioned in another post that I read about as well. I have had the same problems with my Q10 and thought that the first few times it was odd, but then it just got annoying. I used to throw my old BB phones on my desks, tables, etc and it would be fine. Then my Q10, I would gently place it on the table and then it would reboot. Can't use it for 2-3 minutes while it starts up.

Something that I read in another thread was due a loose battery, as many have mentioned here and a solution was to put a business card between the battery and the back cover and it helps keep it in place. Since I've done that, I haven't had a random reboot in a while. I'm sure it could happen from time to time, but not as often. I know it's a silly work around, but it's better then having to wait for all those reboots.

I wonder if BBRY knows about it and will fix it for future phones?

Let us know if that helps the issue.
    03-14-14 04:24 PM
    I fixed mine by placing a small piece of cereal box carton on the opposite side of the connectors. It was a tight fit but I made it work. I also placed the same type of cereal carton the size of the battery between the battery and cover. Haven't had a random boot since.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 10:22 PM
    I put a small folded piece of paper under the battery to create a tighter fit. Haven't had a problem since.

Posted via my amazing Q10
    03-14-14 10:30 PM
    Same - I used a small piece of duct tape on the battery and good to go!!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:28 AM
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't had a restart all day, so maybe things are looking up. Could it be the result of an OS settling? Well I won't jynx it, next time it happens, I'll MacGuyer the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:12 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I haven't had a restart all day, so maybe things are looking up. Could it be the result of an OS settling? Well I won't jynx it, next time it happens, I'll MacGuyer the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Seems to be common with the q10 (a little too common). As stated above, the business card between the battery and the door did the trick for my wife?s phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 03:17 PM
    3 or 4 strips of electrical tape on the back cover side of the battery fixed mine.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 05:28 PM