Got a massive scratch on the battery door over the weekend Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I've found several websites which are out of stock, and there are a couple on eBay but they are non-NFC. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:03 AM
    Try etradesupply.com I bought things from there

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 10:28 AM
    I believe shop crackberry. Com itself has them unless that is just for the z10. They had a post a few days ago I beleieve

Sent from my SGH-I747M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-02-13 11:33 AM
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone in the US use NFC? I've never used it before on my 9930 or q10. Never found a use or option for it. Just wondering cuz I'd just get one without nfc

Posted via Q10!
    06-02-13 11:55 AM
    Try etradesupply.com I bought things from there

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply. Out of stock though

Will check crackberry too thanks.

jab - i never actually use NFC but want an NFC door just in case
    06-02-13 08:11 PM
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone in the US use NFC? I've never used it before on my 9930 or q10. Never found a use or option for it. Just wondering cuz I'd just get one without nfc

Posted via Q10!
    I used NFC day in and day out on my 9900. The NFC shortcuts app that was available made it awesome. NFC would automate a lot of my common tasks. Wi-fi on and off, etc.

Now though with my Q10, I haven't used it once. Mainly because the ability isn't there for the app to run in the back ground. And second, the developer is charging again for the app, which personally I don't really care for. I already paid once for the two apps that were needed, don't really feel like paying for it again.

NFC is still growing in North America. Slowly it is starting to be embraced. I think the next big thing with NFC will be personal payments and advertisements.
    Time will tell.

Posted via my Q10 via the awesome CB10 app!
    06-02-13 08:57 PM
    Ended up just getting a non-NFC door off ebay to tide me over. Will get a proper one when they're back in stock!

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 12:15 AM
    Sharing files via NFC is awesome and isn't BlackBerry exclusive. Adding contacts on BBM as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-13 07:11 AM
    Sharing files via NFC is awesome and isn't BlackBerry exclusive. Adding contacts on BBM as well.

Posted via CB10
    I have tried sharing videos over NFC and they take FOREVER!!!!! I was kind of hoping that technology would have been a bit faster.

06-03-13 08:33 AM
    I have tried sharing videos over NFC and they take FOREVER!!!!! I was kind of hoping that technology would have been a bit faster.
    You are still limited by the bluetooth data speeds.
    06-03-13 12:43 PM
    I used NFC day in and day out on my 9900. The NFC shortcuts app that was available made it awesome. NFC would automate a lot of my common tasks. Wi-fi on and off, etc.

Now though with my Q10, I haven't used it once. Mainly because the ability isn't there for the app to run in the back ground. And second, the developer is charging again for the app, which personally I don't really care for. I already paid once for the two apps that were needed, don't really feel like paying for it again.

NFC is still growing in North America. Slowly it is starting to be embraced. I think the next big thing with NFC will be personal payments and advertisements.
    Time will tell.

I saw my first Visa contactless payment advertisement on tv tonight. They showed a regular card being used then what looked like a Galaxy S3. (UK)

Posted via my CB Q10
    06-03-13 04:39 PM
    If anyone finds replacement doors with NFC please let me know! Can't find em anywhere :/

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 12:29 AM
    If anyone finds replacement doors with NFC please let me know! Can't find em anywhere :/

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    agreed, can't find them anywhere, and will definitely want to replace the white battery cover that comes with the verizon Q10... too much branding.
    06-06-13 01:24 PM

Time will tell.

The automation of tasks is what I see most people using NFC for, like you said WiFi on/off, get in car hit NFC tag, BT on, WiFi off, launch music player. I look forward to buying a sac of NFC tags once I can do all that stuff.
    06-06-13 05:27 PM

Posted via Q10!
    I use nfc a lot now with my wife. We both have z10's. Before when sending her a pic via bbm or email, the pic quality is not as good as my original pic and when we share pics with nfc she gets the exact pic with sane quality as mine. Nfc will grow over time I think.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-06-13 05:38 PM
    YEAH B*TCHAZ!!!

q10 battery door q10 battery door | eBay

Will let you know if it's genuine when it arrives. Looks genuine from the pics!
    06-07-13 10:09 AM
    I have a feeling my wife and I are going to use NFC a lot also with sharing calendars. At least in the beginning until I set up icloud or outlook.com or Verizon FiOS if they support that yet.
    06-07-13 10:11 AM
    Okay its not linking properly for some reason... Found a battery door with NFC on ebay!
    06-07-13 10:12 AM