Hi All,

I recently got a ne Q10 and am dependent on the Task Reminder notifications for work. The problem I am having is that I have two tasks pop up at the same time, I can only edit details in one pop up reminder and once I save it, it goes back to the main Remember screen and the other task reminders that have popped up are ignored/closed and then I have to search through for them to edit them again.

Is there anyway to cycle through the Task reminders as they pop up at the same time instead of guessing which ones are being missed?

Also, a small sidenote on the Task po up reminders, anyway to delete them as they pop up, or do I have to go back into the full task list to then delete them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    05-07-14 01:10 PM
    I have to break this up into chunks:
    Are you using a third party app or the native 'Remember' app?
    By 'pop-up' are you referring to the little boxes that pop onto your screen?
    If I understand your question about the pop-ups, those are just little notifiers ("toasts"). If you tap them, they open. AFAIK, there's no way to delete them as they pop up, they are there to notify you something has come in.

Assuming you're using the Remember app, have you considered leaving it open in an active frame?
    05-07-14 01:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm referring to the Remember app and you nailed it with what my "pop-ups"(toasts) referral was.
    The problem is that if 2 or more reminders come up at once, when I tap one open then I can only edit that one and the other toasts seem to disappear. On my old bold, when more than one came up at the same time I could edit one and then as I closed it/saved the changes, the phone would move on to the next one that had came up at the same reminder time. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the Q10, though.

Is there a way or would I be better off getting a different app that I can link to my work's Outlook's Task List that could better handle these reminders?
    05-07-14 02:56 PM
    I'm glad you brought up "old Bold"....NOW I have a better feel for what you're talking about! LOL. Yes, the toasts/pop-ups on OS10 function differently than the previous OS's that we are used to! Their purpose is to notify, and open if necessary. You are correct, if more than one pops up at the same time, you hit one and the other disappears!
    A third party app is an option and entirely up to you. My solution is to use the native calendar and remember apps together. If I have a list of to-do's, I put them in the calendar. If I don't get them done, I move them to another day. I tend to use it more than the Remember app, but it has its place.
    Hope this helps.
    05-07-14 03:06 PM
    That helps. Thanks a lot. It seems very poorly designed on BB's part, but I will try throwing combining it with the calendar to track which are coming. Much appreciated.
    05-07-14 03:51 PM
    I just bought (today) the app Checked! Task Pro. I use Outlook.com calendar now, so that's my default BB10 calendar. The app works well, although the interface takes a little getting used to.

Anyway, if I use it to enter a task, the task appears in the Outlook.com web calendar, the BB10 calendar, and in Remember local notes. You can set it to move unfinished tasks to the next day, so you don't lose track of them. I haven't had multiple notifications yet, but I think that's an OS thing anyway, so if there's a but there, any app that used the API is going to have it. The app is really a front end for managing tasks.
    05-07-14 07:13 PM
    As mentioned, just refer back to the agenda view on calendar and you won't lose anything. And from there you can delete or reschedule forward to another day.

I rely heavily on Remember as well.

My two main issues with it are..

1. A recurring feature would be handy
    2. I wish I could do a mass DELETE of the Unfiled Entries Folder.
    05-07-14 09:02 PM