Enjooy the travelling back in time!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 03:32 PM
    Just a comment ...please find out first what you (really) have (in your device, life, whatever)...
    04-12-14 03:41 PM
    I had the same experience. It just goes to show how unintuitive BB10 is vs iOS or Android. I went from Bold 9900 to BB10 and it was painful. Going from BB10/Bold 9900 to iOS was far easier. The fact that the responses to the OP details steps (swipe up, swipe left, swipe right, etc) to accomplish certain tasks just shows that there is nothing intuitive about BB10.

Rightly or wrongly, consumers today don't have the desire nor the patience to have to learn how to use a smartphone. It should be intuitive. That's the reason why bulky, extensive user manuals are no longer included with most devices with the "Quick Start Guide" taking its place. Consumers today expect "plug & play" for everything from their TV to their fridge to their smartphone. BB10 expected far too much. Who wants to have to watch a video or read a book to use a smartphone nowadays?
    The reason why iPhones are easier to configure and use than other devices is because they are easy. iOS is app-centric; you are either within an app or you're on the home screen. You can access your notifications, controls and Siri from everywhere, but that's about it. As far as customisation goes, if at all, you either do this right within the app itself or in the Settings app. That's why iOS is easy, or if you want, 'intuitive'. The offset is that you can't change much either, that's the cost of simplicity. The thread starter doesn't complain about the lack of simplicity, but the lack of customisation. He wants more options, which is precisely what makes applications more complicated and requires a learning curve. You can't have both.

In my humble opinion, BlackBerry 10 is actually easier to learn than Android, or even pre-BlackBerry 10. The swipe gestures are consistent, menus are almost always located in the top-right corner and app structures are generally easy to understand. As someone who comes from iPhone, I felt right at home as soon as I got used to the gestures. Where BlackBerry fails in terms of intuitiveness is the way settings are arranged within apps. There doesn't seem to be any consistency there.
    04-12-14 04:11 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is a whole new beautiful world. They made a whole new ecosystem that needs to be learned. My assumption is people are expecting an "updated" OS7 which it is not. It does not have many of the bells and whistles the OS7 has but I feel bb10 to be far superior as an operating system as a whole. I don't consider moving to bb10 from os7 a learning curve but an actual learning experience. I myself was in this boat and took the time to learn bb10! To say people don't have time to learn a new os be it bb10, android or ios is a false statement to me! Everyday you are constantly learning and if a smart phone plays a major part in your daily activities, job and life, then you will take the time to learn the tools you need to keep moving forward!

From the Zed10 to the Q10!
    04-12-14 04:26 PM
    The reason why iPhones are easier to configure and use than other devices is because they are easy. iOS is app-centric; you are either within an app or you're on the home screen. You can access your notifications, controls and Siri from everywhere, but that's about it. As far as customisation goes, if at all, you either do this right within the app itself or in the Settings app. That's why iOS is easy, or if you want, 'intuitive'. The offset is that you can't change much either, that's the cost of simplicity. The thread starter doesn't complain about the lack of simplicity, but the lack of customisation. He wants more options, which is precisely what makes applications more complicated and requires a learning curve. You can't have both.

In my humble opinion, BlackBerry 10 is actually easier to learn than Android, or even pre-BlackBerry 10. The swipe gestures are consistent, menus are almost always located in the top-right corner and app structures are generally easy to understand. As someone who comes from iPhone, I felt right at home as soon as I got used to the gestures. Where BlackBerry fails in terms of intuitiveness is the way settings are arranged within apps. There doesn't seem to be any consistency there.
    Sorry man...

INTUITIVE, OPTIONS OF CUSTOMIZATION and SIMPLICITY are GOOD QUALITIES, not bad. And BB10 lacks a lot of this good features.
    04-12-14 05:31 PM
    INTUITIVE, OPTIONS OF CUSTOMIZATION and SIMPLICITY are GOOD QUALITIES, not bad. And BB10 lacks a lot of this good features.
    On their own, yes. But together, they contradict each other. Customisation presupposes a certain complexity, that's what toggles do. Offer too much and people will complain about the system being too complex. Offer too few and people will complain about the lack of customisation. At some point you have to accept that no system will offer you everything. BlackBerry 10 is already fairly liberating compared with iOS and Windows Phone. Still, if an older BlackBerry or an Android device works better for you, then by all means, use it. No need to be overly dramatic about this.
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-12-14 06:21 PM
    I find BlackBerry pretty easy to use actually, not as good as Symbian, but it is the best on the market right now.

And I don't know why people like Android so much actually. Google forced me to install so much of their Google service apps even though I didn't want them. And of course, there were Samsung apps that were mandatory install of course. The whole Android phone felt like a advertisement product.

BlackBerry does have an app that I don't use and I can't erase (BBM, tutorials and setup), but this is a lot cleaner than Android for sure.

Also, I just discovered that I have been sending my emails in that blue color, I just changed to black letters for emails. Hahaha.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    04-12-14 07:19 PM
    What half decent Android phone has a QWERTY keyboard?

The last one I can think of that made any kind of splash was the Droid series from Motorola and that was a slider. Maybe the Motorola Admiral but I have yet to see anyone with that. My Q10 arrives in the mail and man after reading your post... I'm scared.
    I remember CB forums almost scared me from getting a Q10. I have my gripes but this phone is fun to have. Hub/notifications are fine. Peek shows the notifications you need. bought this phone in January and love it more than my 9900 I had two years ago.
    04-12-14 08:17 PM
    I stopped reading this thread because HAHAHAHA!

I'm not going to pretend there aren't issues with the OS. I get annoyed every now and then with some of of the things...but this is insane.

OP, You run a business and your language skills are that appalling? OUCH! The defense that it is a secondary language doesn't apply here because those errors aren't actually ones people that can't speak the language make - trust me, I'm in South Africa and we have 11 official languages!

Also, after people have already shown that 80% of your "issues" are user error; you STILL whine and can't figure it out? I pity your business...don't grab a Samsung Galaxy device because those things are not straight-forward AT ALL. I'm pretty smart and those things boggle my brain...because they're actually illogical.

If you are really so impetuous, go buy another device since your whining is insane...it reeks of insecurity.

/Actual rant over/
    04-12-14 09:43 PM
    i can see and for short cutting the issue, that blackberry (smartphones) is being destructed from deep inside...

they deliberately ignore the comments about the disadvantages of their devices, such as Apps, Maps, and other things.

it seems like they want the Loyal users of BB just to close eyes, ears, and be happy with what they give...

by the way, till the moment , i still have the Q10, and just really want to find another good platform for mails....

the only advantage of BB is mails. and only mails.
    04-13-14 07:43 AM
    Reply emails being a different color has been around for a pretty long time, I think outlook started doing it to make it easy to differentiate from original email and replies.

For someone who supposedly owns their own business your lack of research into a purchase is troubling.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 07:59 AM
    I'm sorry to say this, but old BlackBerry users who don't like bb10 are technologically ********. I was a Symbian user and I refused blackberry only of the ugly interface back then. Then I became an android user for almost 5years and bb10 was released I hesitated before switching, now I'm sure I will never go back to android unless it's a secondary device. The problems you are listing are way minor(if it was a problem at all) compared to what you are going to face in Android.

Posted via CB10
    Killjoyhere and sbx9900 like this.
    04-13-14 08:02 AM
    I think you are just angry because you are unfamiliar with how to do the things you want. There is a way to do everything you just said except for seeing the hub on the home screen. You just have to swipe to the left though, is that really too much work?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry 10 is a whole new beautiful world. They made a whole new ecosystem that needs to be learned. My assumption is people are expecting an "updated" OS7 which it is not. It does not have many of the bells and whistles the OS7 has but I feel bb10 to be far superior as an operating system as a whole. I don't consider moving to bb10 from os7 a learning curve but an actual learning experience. I myself was in this boat and took the time to learn bb10!
    I think you've hit the nail on the head which in many ways explains the woeful sales performance of BB10. Regardless of how good/great BB10 may be, BBRY absolutely lost the plot when it failed to condition the vast majority of BBOS users about BB10 being far from just an "updated" OS. I presume the reason they didn't set those expectations properly is they wanted to be both at the same time. In other words, they didn't want to scare off BBOS users by saying that that BB10 was an entirely new and a largely/completely different experience. They wanted BBOS users to believe that their fierce attachment to the "Blackberry experience" would be preserved in BB10 while at the same time giving them "more" than what they had with BBOS.

Sadly for BBRY, their gamble has been a complete and utter failure since most BBOS users don't have the same "open mindedness" as many here. Like me, many BBOS users gave BB10 a chance (in my case, both the Z10 and Q10), didn't particularly enjoy the so-called "learning experience" and either abandoned or, in my case, supplemented my BB10 experience by adding another device to my mix. BBRY clearly gambled and, sadly, lost and lost big. Now they're trying to figure out how to get back on track but the damage is done.

Again, I'm not making any judgement about whether BB10 is good or bad, I'm making an observation about the strategic decisions made by BBRY management when they were developing and launching BB10.
    Last edited by NYC10065; 04-13-14 at 04:24 PM.
    decoy7 and eric_bb like this.
    04-13-14 02:13 PM
    I think you've hit the nail on the head which in many ways explains the woeful sales performance of BB10. Regardless of how good/great BB10 may be, BBRY absolutely lost the plot when it failed to condition the vast majority of BBOS users about BB10 being far from just an "updated" OS. I presume the reason they didn't set those expectations properly is they wanted to be both at the same time. In other words, they didn't want to scare off BBOS users by saying that that BB10 was an entirely new and a largely/completely different experience. They wanted BBOS users to believe that their fierce attachment to the "Blackberry experience" would be preserved in BB10 while at the same time giving them "more" than what they had with BBOS.

Sadly for BBRY, their gamble has been a complete and utter failure since most BBOS users don't have the same "open mindedness" as many here. Like me, many BBOS users gave BB10 a chance (in my case, both the Z10 and Q10), didn't particularly enjoy the so-called "learning experience" and either abandoned or, in my case, supplemented my BB10 experience by adding another device to my mix. BBRY clearly gambled and, sadly, lost and lost big. Now they're trying to figure out how to get back on track but the damage is done.

Again, I'm not making any judgement about whether BB10 is good or bad, I'm making an observation about the strategic decisions made by BBRY management when they were developing and launching BB10.
    I agree.

Yesterday I order a new BB9900.

...and today I order the new Galaxy S5! If it works for me I�ll move my personal phone and all Blackberries I have in company to Android devices. Less 15 Blackberries in World.

My business is construction material, not smartphones. I need solutions, not problems.
    04-13-14 08:00 PM
    I think your period button is sticking............ you should get that fixed.........

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 10:53 PM
    1,3 and 5 are definitely issues. I see a lot of duplicate numbers with FB integration. The SMS issue is certainly annoying. Just waiting on BlackBerry to do something about it...
    04-14-14 03:05 AM
    I agree.

...and today I order the new Galaxy S5! If it works for me I�ll move my personal phone and all Blackberries I have in company to Android devices. Less 15 Blackberries in World.

My business is construction material, not smartphones. I need solutions, not problems.
    Maybe you can resell the Blackberries, it's gonna be a win-win situation in the end.

04-14-14 03:28 AM
    I agree.

Absolutely! I'm sure, your issues and/or problems with BB phones will disappear once you start android.
    04-14-14 08:12 AM
    It's all personal preference, but I personally find the 9900 to be MUCH better looking than the 9780!

Bold 9780
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-blackberry_bold_9780_01.jpg

Bold 9900
    Q10 - regrets and doubts-9900-front.jpg
    04-17-14 10:54 PM
    I agree.

Yeah. No one has ever had problems with Android phones. :/

And you'll have to learn how to type quickly on a non-physical keyboard that only auto corrects words in one language at a time.

A Swype keyboard can be fast, once you've spent time learning how to use it.

Much more learning in your future it seems.

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and SmileDahling like this.
    04-18-14 08:05 AM
    What half decent Android phone has a QWERTY keyboard?

The last one I can think of that made any kind of splash was the Droid series from Motorola and that was a slider. Maybe the Motorola Admiral but I have yet to see anyone with that. My Q10 arrives in the mail and man after reading your post... I'm scared.
    I used the Motorola XPRT (Droid Pro). It was an underpowered phone but did the trick. Unfortunately there is a manufacturing flaw and many of those phones end up giving you a double typing problem. After going through 3 XPRT phones in one year I quit.
    04-18-14 12:40 PM
72 123