It looks like it was just a matter of knowing how to do something on the BB10 VS BB10 shortcomings...
    04-11-14 02:07 PM
    I don't really see the problem. You have not made your issues clear. And it. Looks like your the only one that is having trouble with the Facebook app.
    And next time you buy a phone make sure you read all it can do so that next time you won't come crying to us about the problems you are making

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:00 PM
    I'm glad to see such a staunch and loyal BlackBerry user but I'm surprised you didn't invest the time spent to write your complaints in getting to know the OS...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 03:11 PM
    Bold 9900 an ugly device? Really?? I mean, really??????????
    04-11-14 03:18 PM
    Agree about the learning curve. BB10 is very different. But for me much better fit...that's for me, I know. May not for others...again, why so many still use their favorite Legacies. Thing is...there is a learning curve with any OS. "Smiledahling" is spot on. Every time I think back to all the exploring and sorting I had to in Android world when I left my B9000 for my Galaxy, it was exactly that. Same as I came back to BB10 and my Q10. It is what technology does...it moves ahead. AND why I love the Crackberry forums so much...I'm always learning things here to make my progress on the curve keep moving. OP...if you are there, take your time, explore and experiment, read and research, we've all been there and here for you.
    04-11-14 03:39 PM
    You have also the SMS thru the bridge

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    & caller id with the ability to make your phone answer the call via speaker phone or bluetooth, or ignore the call.

Posted via CB10
    andreirad likes this.
    04-11-14 04:18 PM
    Bold 9900 an ugly device? Really?? I mean, really??????????
    Probably the best looking phone BlackBerry has ever made. In fact, all the bb7 phone were good looking phones except maybe the all touch Torch.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:20 PM
    This.

I just don't get people threatening to leave *any* ecosystem - apple, BlackBerry, android, windows - because they don't invest the time to learn the OS. Do they not realize that they'll be in the exact same boat if they move to another OS?

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    Thank you! I never understood this myself.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:21 PM
    Dear Friends,

A smartphone, for me, is a tool. I have a company to run and I need support to do all my daily taskts. I don�t look for a spiritual experience using this or that device. I just need a good tool to help me.

The (on my opinion) bugs I found on Q10 are very frustrating.

The swilpe in left side of the screen to see notifications. Ok... but only works if you left hub without any account selected. If you are checking one of you email accounts and leave hub, the swipe will show the account screen, not the notifications. Now a lot people will say I have to learn, to understand... sorry, I have to have a decent and usefull device. I really need to unselect all accounts after check hub every time?!

I recive a lot of professional emails in tree accounts (and text messeges). You suggest I manualy back the hub menu to notification position a 100 times per day?! O.o

And I have to smile about the Playbook death?! Sorry... I spend a lot money in Blackberry devices and yes, I expect a decent support. Bridge on BB10 is a bad joke!

Sorry... I understand your love to BB devices and RIM, but Blackberry lost the hand.
    04-11-14 10:19 PM
    Dear Friends,

A smartphone, for me, is a tool. I have a company to run and I need support to do all my daily taskts. I don�t look for a spiritual experience using this or that device. I just need a good tool to help me.

The (on my opinion) bugs I found on Q10 are very frustrating.

The swilpe in left side of the screen to see notifications. Ok... but only works if you left hub without any account selected. If you are checking one of you email accounts and leave hub, the swipe will show the account screen, not the notifications. Now a lot people will say I have to learn, to understand... sorry, I have to have a decent and usefull device. I really need to unselect all accounts after check hub every time?!

I recive a lot of professional emails in tree accounts (and text messeges). You suggest I manualy back the hub menu to notification position a 100 times per day?! O.o

And I have to smile about the Playbook death?! Sorry... I spend a lot money in Blackberry devices and yes, I expect a decent support. Bridge on BB10 is a bad joke!

Sorry... I understand your love to BB devices and RIM, but Blackberry lost the hand.
    All you have to do see a notification is to swipe up from any app and you'll see all the notifications you've got on the left of the screen (no I'm not talking about peaking in the Hub). You'll only get to see the notifications, not read them. To read them you have to go to the Hub.

And all your notifications in the Hub are sorted according to the time received. And as I've said before, if you want to see all your unread notifications, go in the Hub, select the 'Hub' section and do a pinch 'in' gesture and it will show all your unread notifications, to exit, pinch 'out'.

Unfortunately, if you're in an email account, BBM, Facebook, Twitter etc. section the Hub, and you exit the Hub, it will remain in that account and when you peak, you'll only see the notifications received in that account. That's why I'll advise you to select the "Hub" section in the Hub.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 262492
    Last edited by AzzlanOfBB; 04-12-14 at 01:12 AM.
    04-12-14 01:02 AM
    Brother even i was a 9900 User earlier.... Initially i had troubles understanding few too smart functions of this Device... but certainly today i love my Q10 ... and i think its one of the best BB Devices with Touch n Qwerty ...I guess take some time see the videos on this wonderful crackberry site and you would love this device... also suggest you to go thru some tips n tricks thread about Q10 which is there in this forum... All the best !
    04-12-14 02:19 AM
    Had my Q10 since January and I understand what the OP is going through.

It's easy as a "fan" to say people should expect a learning curve when moving from OS7 to OS10 and it's true...however this fact isn't said to you at point of sale by the same unhelpful staff that will point you towards iOS or Android these days, so when a user of the previous generations handset wants to upgrade they're not always fully versed on what to expect as far as learning curve goes and expectation can count for a lot.

Some have time to read through every answer of a forum post and some don't...if your given the bad news about expecting to change the way you do everything on the OS right from the outset, then you won't get home, upgrade devices and then expect to be up and running as normal immediately...this is what leads to posts like this, it's not always ignorance on the users part...plenty of snide and unhelpful remarks on this post alone are also one of the reasons why many don't post in these forums having been members for years.

I'm grateful to those who have replied with explanations as I'm going through the answers and learning about some things I'd just been living with.

After living with things and learning how to do some there's still one that maybe someone knows the answer to:
    Example:
    I need to call David in my phone, from main screen I start typing the name, when I've typed 'dav...' it doesn't list all names beginning with 'dav', instead it lists names with 'dav' in them but if 1st name starts with 'a' then that's listed 1st ie. Andrew Davis will appear 1st in the list.

Is this a bug, bad design or just the way things are?

Q10 SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    04-12-14 05:46 AM
    Forget looking for an android qwerty. Not only is there the 'virus central' where apps come from....(google store)...but you will struggle to find an android qwerty with more than 100mbs of internal memory. Most are lower. The only 8gb qwertys I found were symbian which are due to be EOL next year...I think.

A Bold 9900 would have 8gbs.

Although I do support Blackberry, my opinion is that everyone should have the phone that suits their needs and preferences....if its a Blackberry then great.

My advice would be to research....spend time searching You Tube for Q10 how to videos, type Blackberry Knowledge Base into google and go through that online Blackberry resource for hints and tips. Post one query at a time on here in the Q10 section and let's the users on here help you get settings etc right. Read through the thread on here that is giving tips and shortcuts. Look on the front page here for the admin's how to videos.

When you have done all that and got to really know the phone, if you still don't like it, research again for something that would suit you better....maybe the 9900
    04-12-14 05:59 AM
    Don't be scared. T-Mobile is offering 200 bucks for trading in your blackberry towards a Samsung device. I am doing it Monday for an s5.
    04-12-14 06:16 AM
    Don't be scared. T-Mobile is offering 200 bucks for trading in your blackberry towards a Samsung device. I am doing it Monday for an s5.
    Unfortunately I use another carrier.

It�s done... I happy today! I just buy another Bold 9900! In a few days Q10 bad decision is over.

Q10 your will live on garbage, where you belongs.
    04-12-14 06:59 AM
    Unfortunately I use another carrier.

It�s done... I happy today! I just buy another Bold 9900! In a few days Q10 bad decision is over.

Q10 your will live on garbage, where you belongs.
    LOL

I feel for you. Half the things you mentioned are not even bugs, it's just something you're not able to understand, unfortunately.

Q10 - regrets and doubts-seriously_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 07:41 AM
    i rather liked the look of the 9900...
    04-12-14 11:43 AM
    This.

I just don't get people threatening to leave *any* ecosystem - apple, BlackBerry, android, windows - because they don't invest the time to learn the OS. Do they not realize that they'll be in the exact same boat if they move to another OS?

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    Personally, these 'threats'are so childish. Second, when/if I do give a tip here or there, I usually send the said person a PM, with explanations, as it can easily get lost in a slew of replies. Like those keyboard shortcuts, I sent you a PM in regards to that, easy as pie! lol

OP sounds like my kid brother
    SmileDahling likes this.
    04-12-14 11:50 AM
    They claim they are BlackBerry loyalist but like you said, won't accept change or learn change within bb10. But they are quick to jump to another platform and learn that ecosystem. Doesn't make sense to me.

From the Zed10 to the Q10!
    I had the same experience. It just goes to show how unintuitive BB10 is vs iOS or Android. I went from Bold 9900 to BB10 and it was painful. Going from BB10/Bold 9900 to iOS was far easier. The fact that the responses to the OP details steps (swipe up, swipe left, swipe right, etc) to accomplish certain tasks just shows that there is nothing intuitive about BB10.

Rightly or wrongly, consumers today don't have the desire nor the patience to have to learn how to use a smartphone. It should be intuitive. That's the reason why bulky, extensive user manuals are no longer included with most devices with the "Quick Start Guide" taking its place. Consumers today expect "plug & play" for everything from their TV to their fridge to their smartphone. BB10 expected far too much. Who wants to have to watch a video or read a book to use a smartphone nowadays?
    decoy7 and eric_bb like this.
    04-12-14 11:55 AM
    BLACKBERRY BRIDGE SUPPORT ALL BB 10 DEVICE

1.BB Z30
    2.BB Z10
    3.BB Q5
    4.BB Q10
    5. P'9982
    6. BB Z3
    YOU SAYING THAT Q10 DOES NOT HAVE BRIDGE MAKE ME DOUBT THAT YOU EVEN HAVE ONE

CHECK LINK HERE:
    BlackBerry Bridge - BlackBerry World
    There is a bridge but it's only for bbm. I use to use it for text, email etc

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 11:55 AM
    I�m a Blackberry from 10 years. Last week I move from Bold 9900 to Q10 and I�m VERY disappointed.
    I had the exact same experience switching from my Bold 9900 to the Z10.

The lack of familiarity from BBOS to BB10 was a major problem which discouraged BBOS users from switching to BB10 and which contributed into failing to make those BBOS users who did make the switch to BB10 into ambassadors for the new OS.

The learning curve for non-BB is was probably even greater and the lack of apps and **** poor marketing were just the cherries on the sundae which ensured BB10's failure.
    04-12-14 12:04 PM
    What half decent Android phone has a QWERTY keyboard?

The last one I can think of that made any kind of splash was the Droid series from Motorola and that was a slider. Maybe the Motorola Admiral but I have yet to see anyone with that. My Q10 arrives in the mail and man after reading your post... I'm scared.
    Don't be scared 90% of his complaints is user error...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    04-12-14 12:06 PM
    I agree with Facebook intergration, but there is a solution for emails. However I would like to see emails black by default as well.

One week is barely enough to get to know a device
    04-12-14 12:16 PM
    Personally, these 'threats'are so childish. Second, when/if I do give a tip here or there, I usually send the said person a PM, with explanations, as it can easily get lost in a slew of replies. Like those keyboard shortcuts, I sent you a PM in regards to that, easy as pie! lol

OP sounds like my kid brother
    Is not the same boat... There is a BIG diference. Today Balckberry is the Ugly Duckling of smartphone systems. I stay loyal only becouse BB 9900 + BB Playbook satisfact a lot of my needs. If Blackberry systems or devides dosen�t work how I need, I change. Simple! Blackberry is not my wife, it�s only a company fighting for my money.

If Blackberry wants my money, give me a decent product.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    04-12-14 12:43 PM
    I�m a Blackberry from 10 years. Last week I move from Bold 9900 to Q10 and I�m VERY disappointed.

Why I�m disappointed?

1) Facebook integration

WHY this device mess all my Contacts bringing useless information from Facebook and LinkedIn? It�s MY Contacts, not yours. I give any name I want. After edit and redo 80% of my contatcs entries I discover how to unlink Facebook contacts from Contacts App. Now I don�t see Facebook contacts in Contacts app and the search from internet info is disable.

But the problem stays... I still see all this Contacts in GLOBAL SEARCH. Search from home screen in a fisical keyboard device is one of the best features you can have. But WHY Q10 keep bring the Facebook contatcs in Search? This is extremely annoyed. PLEASE, some one nows how I can disable this function?

2) Notifications

The only place I can see how many notifications I have is in... LOCK screen! There is no way to know how many emails or messeges or appointments you have from home screen. You HAVE to go to Hub. And Hub is a just a confused Messeges app. Like Bold 9900 there is no way to see all the unread messeges and notifications all togheter.

I NEED to see my notification, messeges and appointments in home screen, all totheger. Not luxury, but a necessity.

3) SMS to home/work/farm/0800?

I don�t will send a SMS messege to all phone numbers. WHY this device show all Contact numbers twice, one for phone calls and one for text? HOW I can send a text messege to an old hard line ou to a big company? This is useless!! Is there a way to show only numbers and I chose to call or to send a text messege?

4) There is no Bridge to BB10

The best feature of Playbook is Bridge. Now Blackberry takes me this function, the single that tied me to the tablet! If I knew the Bridge would not work would not have bought the Q10.

5) Email replies only in blue color

This is a joke I do not understant. WHY I only can reply a messege in blue color?! It�s MY emails. Let me write any way I want.

My Blackberry devices since 2006:
    - 7100i (worst phone I ever had)
    - Curve 8350i (great for the time! I had tree devices)
    - Curve 8900 (good device, a non-Nextel 8350i with better screen resolution)
    - Bold 9000 (good, did the job done!)
    - Bold 9780 (best polished device yet, good battery, only lacks touch screen)
    - Playbook 16GB (regular tablet with amazing Bridge function)
    - Bold 9900 (ugly device, much less polished then 9780, but best of all to work)
    - Playbook 64GB (regular tablet with amazing Bridge function)
    - Q10 (whats wrong with you Blackberry?!)

Blackberry is doing everything to send their loyal clients for other platforms. After over a decade foolish mistakes are still made​​, unfinished handsets are launched and neglect of the customer is huge.

I have two choices. Buy another Bold 9900 or look for a Android QWERT phone. Suggestions?
    It appears this is not a good match for you. You need to make your own decision. My suggestion is to research Android phones and compare with your Q10. I've got one of each and I love how my Q works for me. I also love how my SGIII works for me. Ultimately, your decision is your own after careful consideration.
    04-12-14 03:06 PM
72 123