What do I do to fix this? Stuff paper next to the battery? Thanks.
    11-13-14 01:59 PM
    it might work. Generally its the battery being loose that causes this
    11-13-14 02:04 PM
    Sounds like that is the issue. Is it an oem battery? If it is a replacement battery from another vendor, the body may be a little undersized, thus not keeping strong enough pressure to the contacts.
    And others have done this, maybe a small pc. of masking tape on the non-contact side of the battery should do the trick.
    11-13-14 02:05 PM
    What do I do to fix this? Stuff paper next to the battery? Thanks.
    See:
    Q10 restarting/rebooting after minor bumps/shocks - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    11-13-14 02:05 PM
    My Q10 also became prone to random restarts, after several months stable use -- most often when I was out walking the dog with the BlackBerry in my trouser pocket, or a rucksack.
    I haven't observed problems when subjecting the phone to a significant shock, placing it on hard surface, giving it a good shake etc. (which some others have reported).
    After reading the (now extensive) forum reports on this subject I tried the business card trick. I was initially sceptical as the Q10 battery seemed a good fit, but a bit of folded card on the top end of the battery to better push it towards the contacts seems to have done the trick.
    Yes it is somewhat ridiculous that you need to do this with an enterprise device like the Q10 but.... If you're experiencing random rebooting a bit of folded card is well worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-14 08:02 AM
    clean the metal contacts on both the phone and battery (try using a pencil eraser).
    11-14-14 01:39 PM