Just wanted to put this out here in case anyone else has been having this issue and has not yet been able to resolve it. After using my Q10 for a couple of days it randomly started shutting itself off. When restarted it would work fine for a few minutes and then go into a state where none of the apps could be opened or the screen would simply lockup. After trying battery pulls and reviewing forums on Crackberry I read something on the Z10 related to the micro SD card. I removed my micro SD and all the problems disappeared. I then reinserted the card and formatted it via the options in settings and the problem has been solved. Copied music, pics, etc. back to card and have not problems. Hope this helps anyone with this issue. I was ready to return my device, but fortunately was able to solve the problem. Otherwise have been very happy with the Q10, just waiting on more apps!
    ATMJOE likes this.
    06-23-13 05:18 PM
    Just wanted to put this out here in case anyone else has been having this issue and has not yet been able to resolve it. After using my Q10 for a couple of days it randomly started shutting itself off. When restarted it would work fine for a few minutes and then go into a state where none of the apps could be opened or the screen would simply lockup. After trying battery pulls and reviewing forums on Crackberry I read something on the Z10 related to the micro SD card. I removed my micro SD and all the problems disappeared. I then reinserted the card and formatted it via the options in settings and the problem has been solved. Copied music, pics, etc. back to card and have not problems. Hope this helps anyone with this issue. I was ready to return my device, but fortunately was able to solve the problem. Otherwise have been very happy with the Q10, just waiting on more apps!
    Yes, a corrupt file can really throw things out of whack. Fortunately, a reformat usually corrects the issue, as you noted, and I've seen this happen in a couple of the phones I've had. Thanks for the share and reminder for anyone that might be having this problem.
    06-23-13 11:46 PM