So, yeah, I got run over by a motorbike yesterday. Maybe run under is a better word. He didn't see me standing in the middle of the road trying to cross as he came out from a parking space swinging onto the same road accelerating, and, ooops, then he saw me, and so hit his brakes and laid the bike on the side, still coming with an inertia that made him and his bike slide in slow-motion towards me in a lying down fashion and bumping ever so gently into my leg from behind. I lost my balance and was forced into a sitting position on top of his bike, like when you dump yourself in a comfort chair after a hard days work. No serious injuries, just a few scrapings on my arm, and engine was still cool, so no burns, so no biggie. We shook hands, I wished him better luck next time and we went our separate ways.
    THEN I remembered, I always have my Q10 in my back pocket, exactly where I sat down HARD on a metal engine block with my 80 kilo body, so, directly on top of my Q10! I whipped him out and saw several lines of dust(?) and indentations on the glass weave back from engine ridges or something. However front glass ok, keyboard keys ok, black steel rim coating ok, camera ok. Amazingly after a few dusting offs and rubbing the back he looked like new again, I mean really like new! Only a chink in the glass weave the size of a dust speck or an ants eye remained at the top corner - you have to look hard to even see it. Body still as rigid as ever.

Had this been my Note 2, I have no doubt it would have broken in half right there.

Well, just another reason why I looove my BB Q10. It really is a rock-solid piece of quality equipment!
    09-27-13 04:14 AM
    Ouch, hope the bike was ok after being hit by that Q10
    09-27-13 04:28 AM
    Real world stress test!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:31 AM
    You must not live in the U.S. Had that happened here, the only hand you'd be shaking would be that of your lawyer in their office, as you sat down to discuss how much you could sue the motorcyclist for.

That's good that your Q10 is ok, but even better that you're ok. Not all the apps in the world can make up for BlackBerry's sturdiness.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:34 AM
    That's good to hear that everyone is ok. Q10 quality is pretty solid so far. Although I do have a minor complaint about a loose space bar. It's no biggie but annoying nonetheless.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:59 AM
    I dropped my Z10 from mouth (they taste great BTW) onto asphalt. Hit the corner on the ground. Slight dent but nothing else damaged. I now have a case and my Z10 tastes as good as ever.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:14 AM