10-03-14 03:36 AM
36 12
tools
    Blackberry has class! BlackBerry and Black Crown are my favorite!
    Black Crown?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 10:43 AM
    I'll probably get banned for saying this but: who really cares whether your phone looks professional or not? Are you that caught up in an ideal 'image' of a working professional? Actually, none of my co-workers know whether I'm using my 9900 or my Q10 because it's usually in a pocket on silent during meetings. Maybe I'm old school but showing off your toy just screams for attention.
    09-30-14 11:24 AM
    I'll probably get banned for saying this but: who really cares whether your phone looks professional or not? Are you that caught up in an ideal 'image' of a working professional? Actually, none of my co-workers know whether I'm using my 9900 or my Q10 because it's usually in a pocket on silent during meetings. Maybe I'm old school but showing off your toy just screams for attention.
    To answer your two questions:
    I do, and Yes!
    Now a question for you, are you afraid of attracting attention? You must be lacking self confidence!

Posted via Z10
    BigHulkDiesel likes this.
    09-30-14 12:01 PM
    Now a question for you, are you afraid of attracting attention? You must be lacking self confidence!
    Posted via Z10
    1) No. IMHO it is rude and a breach of professional ethics. Refer to 'old school.'
    2) Not lacking self-confidence whatsoever.

My phone is simply a tool. Flashing or displaying it during a meeting serves no productive purpose, except possibly to draw attention to oneself.
    Last edited by iRetired; 09-30-14 at 01:53 PM.
    09-30-14 01:42 PM
    I seriously don't get why people say BlackBerry phones are ugly.... I think blackberry nailed it with the bb10 phones... and I also get weird look at school when I use my phone. especially when we're doing group work for class and we exchange numbers. And it's always the same replies "woh I didn't know blackberry still exists!" and they all look at me with pity... lol

However the older crowd usually (40-50) likes the Q10 a lot because they used the legacy devices but was forced to change their company phones.

Also my setup is same as the OP and I recently got a compliment saying how the phone looks so yay!

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:00 PM
    I get what your saying.

And going along those same lines, doesn't a gold bezel on your phone scream for attention?

Posted via CB10
    09-30-14 02:11 PM
    IAnd going along those same lines, doesn't a gold bezel on your phone scream for attention?
    Yeah. Neat mod, huh?
    09-30-14 02:46 PM
    Yeah. Neat mod, huh?
    You lost a lot of credibility there!

Posted via Z10
    09-30-14 03:02 PM
    Bazingaa!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 12:51 AM
    I have both Z10 and Q10. Both devices looks sleek. I just got the z10 but I was surprised with the build quality when I got it as I was expecting less from it. The battery on mine wasn't as bad as others because I get an average of 10-12 hrs on 3g. I can't complain. I'm happy with it and also android apps works better than my Q10. I'm still trying to decide which one to keep. I'm going to give myself a month to decide.

Z10
    Or just keep both like me

With the prices if these phones new at $200, you are not going to be able to get much for your used phones anyways. You might as well just keep them both.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-03-14 03:30 AM
    Actually, the professional image of a BlackBerry was actually a big part of the decision making process.

I'm just graduating from university right now and I wanted to create the professional image going into the work life.

I wanted to create the image that I'm all about productivity. If you could create the professional image by a simple choice in phone then why not?

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    10-03-14 03:36 AM
36 12