You bet I got ripped off. Unfortunately, those are the going prices for the Z10. You think I wouldn't have sold it for more if I could? Think I don't like money? The bling? The moulah? Haha don't kid yourself . I originally put the phone for sale at $500. Not until I went down to $350 did I get any responses. This price point again, falls in line with prices on eBay. Facts are facts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    The first time you got ripped off was the day you paid $650 for it. The low ball sale is just the icing on the cake. I'm sure we're all interested in doing business with you. You seem savvy.

Posted via CB10
    rudyalexc and neefer like this.
    07-11-13 11:00 PM
    07-12-13 12:02 AM
    I checked....I'm sure I could spend some time to make it more quantitative and average the price and bid numbers of, say, the first ten phones on the first page for each model. However, at just a cursory glance, it seems to me that iPhone 5 is in an almost identical range with comparable numbers of bids as well. BB is nowhere near as popular and it is expected to hold the same value? This wouldn't hold true with autos or any tech gadget....you want appreciation? Buy a home....and even THAT isn't a guarantee as witnessed by the housing downturn in the states for the last six years.
    Paying $800 I think you got a bit of a conk on the head with the business end of the capitalism stick. When you buy a car, do you also pay MORE than the MSRP just to have it early? If so, I would wager that the salesmen throw high fives around rather liberally when they see you approach
    07-12-13 12:51 AM
    LMFAO!! This post!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:08 AM
    Bahaha this is beyond illogical.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Totally agree with you!
    07-12-13 02:12 AM
    OK. So let me get this straight. You paid around $1400 in phones to avoid the further loss in value of your blackberry. So you sell you second hand blackberry for lets say $300 (assume used phone is cheaper than a new $400 one. So now your iPhone has cost you $1200. Lets say you wait 3 years and you can sell your iPhone for let's say $350. So you ended up paying $850 dollars for an iPhone to avoid a resale loss as opposed to $800 dollars if in three years the Q10 ended up being worth 0.
    07-12-13 02:43 AM
    I think it is just you. Who buys phones as an investment?
    pat bis likes this.
    07-12-13 02:46 AM
    I think it is just you. Who buys phones as an investment?
    just traded my Galaxy S3 to a Q10 i made a profit ehm lets say 300 dollars ? secondhand the galaxy S3 costs 275 euros ( 300 dollars ) and the Q10 ( secondhand) is like around 475 euros ( 621 dollars ) wrong thread maybe i dont know .....just wanted to share !
    07-12-13 02:57 AM
    Are you drunk?
    07-12-13 03:58 AM
    Dude totally opened a can of worms...

via Q10
    07-12-13 06:51 AM
    Ok, so you paid for the phone full price, then you sell it to "cut your losses" and buy still another phone, spending even more money and loosing even more by the second phone being devaluated the minute you take it out of the box.... how is this helping your finances if you have just wasted and extra devaluation amount from your second purchase? You do realize that you should not be throwing a party over this decision right? At least not with any finance guys to tell your story to.

As per the "severe lack of apps" I thought you said in another thread that you expected it...coming from the Z10. In other threads that you have started (the absurdity of your initial post here made me look them up) you said that you were dropping the Z10 after less than a week of having it due to battery... well if you wanted to "invest" reading that the phone needs a few days to settle, would have saved you the trouble, not to mention that had you stuck with your Z10, with the updates that came, you would not have had your initial Z10 investment produce more loss to your finance...

...now, that would be the case if you did not change phone "every two months":

Disclaimer: If you have already made up your mind to get a Z10 and are looking for validation, this isn't your topic.....

....Thankfully, this story came to an end when I went to another AT&T corporate store 10 minutes away and purchased the Z10 with no problem. Clearly this was just an issue with one stubborn/ignorant AT&T store manager, but still a frustrating way to start my Z10 experience nonetheless.

Ok, now on to the phone itself.

A little background: As mentioned earlier - I switch phones, a lot. I'm a sucker for new technology and I hate missing out when a new phone comes out as I believe that every platform/device deserves a chance.

Over the past 2 years or so, these are the devices I have owned (usually for at least a couple months at a time):

BB 9900
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    iPhone 4S
    HTC 8x (Windows Phone)
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx
    Nexus 4
    And most recently, iPhone 5 (since launch)

Strictly my opinion here, but out of all of these, the iPhone 5 provided the best combination of functionality, performance and reliability.

To avoid typing a novel here, I'll jump into the pros and cons of the Z10 (in my experience)...

(the whole thread is here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-5-z10-787402/

You clearly either do not know anything about cutting your losses (since you seem to repeatedly produce loss by changing phones every month) or you do not care about the financial aspect of it (clearly you must be able to afford it).

The only thing I can deduct is that you were going to ditch the Q10 for the i-phone anyway. If this is what you want and what serves you i find it great but if you want to find a way to "excuse" it by trying to justify it as "cutting your losses" on the reselling of the device... you are just kidding yourself....

As to the apps, in another post you wrote (in your own thread there):

I thought I would create this topic to write about my experience going from an iPhone 5 to a BB Q10.

- App selection is lacking but I expected this as I had the Z10 for a couple weeks after launch so I am familiar with what is and isn't available

(again thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...rience-807536/)

Enjoy your phones man and stick with the one that suits you the best but sincerely if you perceive consumer electronics purchase as a "re-selling investment" opportunity... I guess you are missing the point where a phone has to be used and its productivity is the only way to some how consider it an "investment", since use and services the phone provides are the added value that compensates for the purchase.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    07-12-13 06:52 AM
    I checked....I'm sure I could spend some time to make it more quantitative and average the price and bid numbers of, say, the first ten phones on the first page for each model. However, at just a cursory glance, it seems to me that iPhone 5 is in an almost identical range with comparable numbers of bids as well. BB is nowhere near as popular and it is expected to hold the same value? This wouldn't hold true with autos or any tech gadget....you want appreciation? Buy a home....and even THAT isn't a guarantee as witnessed by the housing downturn in the states for the last six years.
    Paying $800 I think you got a bit of a conk on the head with the business end of the capitalism stick. When you buy a car, do you also pay MORE than the MSRP just to have it early? If so, I would wager that the salesmen throw high fives around rather liberally when they see you approach
    This post made me laugh so hard... Especially the high five part lmfao! But in all seriousness... I'm gonna buy a house that's not built yet, being built in a community that builds the same(similar) houses. Building company wants $250,000(average prices of neighborhood), but I'm considering paying him $450,000 just so he can build mine faster. Therefore my house will stand before the rest of the gated community's houses stand, and when the other houses get built, my house will still be worth $250,000. These damn building companies must be building houses out of cardboard if they're that low priced after I got mine for so much!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    currentodysseys and neefer like this.
    07-12-13 07:12 AM
    This post made me laugh so hard... Especially the high five part lmfao! But in all seriousness... I'm gonna buy a house that's not built yet, being built in a community that builds the same(similar) houses. Building company wants $250,000(average prices of neighborhood), but I'm considering paying him $450,000 just so he can build mine faster. Therefore my house will stand before the rest of the gated community's houses stand, and when the other houses get built, my house will still be worth $250,000. These damn building companies must be building houses out of cardboard if they're that low priced after I got mine for so much!!

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Actually if you really want to cut your losses, you should sell your house for about 200.000 and buy the house next to it for 250.000 because the neighboring house you now will own will have had a depreciation only of 50.000 whereas your initial house was devalued at 250.000 compared to the initial buying price of 450.000.... High five!
    neefer likes this.
    07-12-13 07:55 AM
    Methinks the OP posted facetiously to get a rise out of us and has succeeded beyond expectations!!

Posted via CBQ10
    07-12-13 08:26 AM
    Methinks the OP posted facetiously to get a rise out of us and has succeeded beyond expectations!!

Posted via CBQ10
    Well, it is incredibly easy
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-12-13 08:51 AM
    If everybody based buying their smartphone on the resale value, we would all have iphones... I thought that when we bought phones, it
    was for the experience, for the pleasure we have using it in our everyday life, not for the resale value.
    And the price you paid for you Q10 was way too high, the price for a Q10 in Canada is 600$can Sim free... So if you really liked your Q10,
    I really don't understand why you sold it for an Iphone...
    07-12-13 09:11 AM
    Good decision. Price will drop even more in the coming few months.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Too bad he paid about 200 too much for it. The phone sells for $625 with tax. So mid 400's he claims thats what they are selling it for on ebay. So that $100 less than a new one(not including tax) sounds about right. Even iphones depreciate this much once used one time, Too bad you really dont understand how things work. The value of the Q10 will be less in a few months just like the value of the iphone 5 will go down in a few months, just like the value of the s4 will go down in a few months. You should advise him to ell his iphone5 just prior to the launch of the 5s so he looses more money. People like you are why scammers are around. Too bad a sucker is born every minute and you were on of them as well as the op.
    07-12-13 09:28 AM
    Dunno why is it so hard to understand the OP's post. To break it down (on what i think):
    1. He is an enthusiast and wanted to be an early adopter(which is costly on any phone)
    2.he tried the phone and decided he didn't quite like it.
    3.he sold it at quite a loss and didn't expect the price to drop to the level he saw.

It might seem like flawed logic to some (why not wait), but it is understandable for the early adopter(needs the latest and greatest now). Don't be too hard on the op, he isnt saying anything bad about the q10.

Sent from my LT28h using Tapatalk 2
    07-12-13 09:48 AM
    Bigger picture...the OP chose to pay, what, $800, to have a device that was not yet released in their market. C'mon!
    This. It's the price you pay for early adoption. Think of it as an itch. If you want it scratched now it will cost dearly, if you can live with the itch for a while (say when the phone is available at a lower price) you wont pay as much. Thing is, the early adopter wants to scratch that itch now(which is costly in the long run if he's not quite satisfied, which is the op's case).

07-12-13 10:01 AM
    Dunno why is it so hard to understand the OP's post. To break it down (on what i think):
    1. He is an enthusiast and wanted to be an early adopter(which is costly on any phone)
    2.he tried the phone and decided he didn't quite like it.
    3.he sold it at quite a loss and didn't expect the price to drop to the level he saw.

It might seem like flawed logic to some (why not wait), but it is understandable for the early adopter(needs the latest and greatest now). Don't be too hard on the op, he isnt saying anything bad about the q10.

Because it deeply pains them to see reality and what the resale value really is. They all attack now but wait till some of then actually sell their Z10's. It's funny because the only people talking about how bad resale value is, is people who actually sold a device! The ones with the actual experience in doing so! We're crucified to the cross for selling our bb, then for relaying info on the sale to the forums.

Again, we actually sold our device. We know what it's like. The naysayers do not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    Mr.Willie and pantlesspenguin like this.
    07-12-13 10:03 AM
    enough of the insults and bickering!
    07-12-13 10:24 AM
171 ... 567