Hi guys,
    The BlackBerry Q10 will be available in the UK at the end of April and cost �534.99, according to UK retailer, Clove, which has put the phone up for sale on its website.
    BlackBerry Q10 release date UK: Clove says end of April, SIM free for £535 - Pocket-lint
    so it looks the price will be �535...it's too much for me, sorry but I won't pay 600 Euro for handset!
    mhmediaonline likes this.
    03-21-13 10:04 AM
    Too expensive,and too late! Really disappointing!
    03-21-13 10:55 AM
    taking clove prices as your yardstick is the first error lol.
    yes its a sim free unlocked price, but compare their other prices to cpw and such, clove are more expensive pretty much across the board.
    wait for cpw or p4u to drop their pricing, id expect it closer to 470 tbh
    03-21-13 11:27 AM
    It is disappointing but expected after seeing prices of Z10.I m gonna have to pass on it,cant afford it. I think i ll go for iphone 4s instead.
    03-21-13 01:24 PM
    yes it's price for sim free phone but....
    the initial price for retailers/operators is to high, so what should I go with contract ? ok, but the final price will be much higher!!!! lets i'm fine with contract, just a few numbers, 24 months per 35 euro=840 euro + 199 euro(i hope no more) it's 1039EUROS!!!!

BB should think first about price, this phones (10) should be cheaper to get more clients make this phone more available, in the meantime engage developers to have more apps and finally they can think about higher prices for next models. With this business model/strategy they won't succeed on the market! that's my opinion
    meelisar likes this.
    03-22-13 08:29 AM
    iphone 4s is at US $549
    03-22-13 08:41 AM
    ok fine, but they dominated market already (iphone, samsung), I've thought BB is trying to recover their position, so with pricing for 10 series it's gonna be very difficult - if possible at all
    03-22-13 08:49 AM
    I can't go on protecting and reasoning with myself regarding blackberries choices with the q10. Blackberry stuffed up BIG time with the whole q10 launch and I think it's about time us BB fans accept it. Q10 priced higher than the z10? Jesus Christ help us
    03-22-13 08:51 AM
    Blackerry are as daft as brushes if thats going to be the price
    03-22-13 09:30 AM
    I was expecting it to be higher than the Z10, due to higher mAh battery, AMOLED display and higher quality build materials.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 11:31 AM
    You know something? you don't have to purchase things on the day it's released, or even pre order it weeks in advance. Simple answer, wait till after it's released and the price has fallen, if you absolutely have to be first to own, then the extra is what you pay for the privalege. It's not a Bugati Veyron it's a cell phone. One is exclusive the cell phone is not.
    03-22-13 11:43 AM
    Wow, what will this cost in the USA? I'm with Verizon and have been waiting for the Q10 or Z10. I sure would like to see them, but if they are going to stick us with high price then I'll probably look at the Windows phone. Someone at the office has the Droid Max HD something and his battery life is phenomenal and I know it reasonably priced. I hope Blackberry doesn't price me out of the market
    03-22-13 11:59 AM
    That price is ridiculous if to be believed!! I bought my Z10 for 479.99 sim free from phones4u. I can't see BlackBerry selling the Q10 for that price and expect bouyant sales.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 04:03 PM
    i bought my z10 for 350pounds on ebay new never used
    03-22-13 04:34 PM
    wow lucky! as a auction or 'buy now'?
    03-22-13 06:45 PM
    i bought my z10 for 350pounds on ebay new never used
    I've found q10 - 811 Euro (from Canada of course!)
    BlackBerry Q10 (Latest Model) -16GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone FREE SHIPPING | eBay
    03-22-13 06:49 PM
    I would pay double that for the Q10.
    03-22-13 07:47 PM
    I can't go on protecting and reasoning with myself regarding blackberries choices with the q10. Blackberry stuffed up BIG time with the whole q10 launch and I think it's about time us BB fans accept it. Q10 priced higher than the z10? Jesus Christ help us
    One random price for a phone that is not yet out does not imply hardly anything about the eventual price from BB and the carriers, just that a site which won't even get devices as quickly as either carriers or distributors like CPW or Phones4u is trying it on with the price they are listing.

One thing to consider as well, the z10 saw places increasing the off-contract price when it launched due to demand and it could be that this place has basically done that in advance this time.
    03-23-13 08:53 AM
    i just talked to Vodafone Ireland..and I've been told q10 will be available in IRL somewhere around May ;-( for me sitation is clear now!
    I won't wait till May, secondly when it's price so high, as I've sold my iphone4 I'm going with bold 9900 for now.
    03-23-13 11:16 AM
    I bet it will be free on my plan.
    03-23-13 04:04 PM
    I agree with the guy/girl that said that obviously it is a privilege price you pay for the first wave of phones being released. But still, �579.00 or �539.00 for a smaller phone with the Samsung S4 coming out and it being priced at a lower cost than the Q10 does not make sense to me.

Maybe it's a strategic plan by BB to get more users on board with the lowee priced Z10 rather than everyone abandoning ship and rushing for a Q10??

I myself have a similar mind set to many that the pricing is 'iffy' at best till the phone has actually been relased and will wait till the summer in order to buy one at a more reasonable price.
    04-07-13 03:30 AM
    I read somewhere Samsung hardly make money on their phone hardware - they're just going for market share. They can afford to do this because they have so many other revenue streams. Blackberry can't do that. I guess they benefit from economies of scale as well. They sell a crap load if galaxies!

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 03:52 AM
    I read somewhere Samsung hardly make money on their phone hardware - they're just going for market share. They can afford to do this because they have so many other revenue streams. Blackberry can't do that. I guess they benefit from exces of scale as well. They sell a crap load if galaxies!

Posted via CB10
    I do see alot of companies having a similair approach such as Amazon with it's Kindle range etc, selling its products cheap but relaying on content sales.. Still Samsang manage to ship 30 plus million S3's. If the only way to combat that is to sell your product at a higher price then your going against the grain and aren't doing yourself any favours.

Again at present IMO CPW and P4U must be the first guaranteed retailers for the Q10 and are setting a rather high bar for the phone. Hopefully for blackberries shake other retailers come in at a lower price.

Shame the rumour that was to do with the Q10 starting off at �370.00 ish figure could have not been more true.
    04-07-13 04:17 AM
    I really don't understand what the justification for the q10 being more expensive is.
    Same os, smaller screen, same guts generally.
    So why more expensive?

The other thing to keep in mind is these are BlackBerry phones, not iphones, the best thing to do is wait it out a little bit. A few months after release the 9900 was a lot cheaper. Then it sort of stabilises. 2-3 months after release is ideal time to buy, unlike an iphone which holds its value far better.

I was thinking of trading in my z10 but just checked and I'll probably lose about 200 pounds off what I paid at launch. Not a great situation really.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-13 04:21 AM
    I read somewhere Samsung hardly make money on their phone hardware - they're just going for market share. They can afford to do this because they have so many other revenue streams. Blackberry can't do that. I guess they benefit from economies of scale as well. They sell a crap load if galaxies!

Posted via CB10
    Was discussing this last month with some Marketing people from one of Samsung's biggest competitors

Their view is that Samsung is going for less now-profit-per-unit for 3 main reasons:
    • Increasing market share and removing 'pesky' competitors
    • Still making some profit - definitely driven by both numbers shipped (eg pile 'em high & sell 'em cheap) and economies of scale
    • The Samsung Phone marketing/presence is seen as driving the sales of Samsung non-Phone higher margin products (eg TVs)
    04-07-13 10:30 AM
80 123 ...