It dropped here by half the price as well. Sucks! This is probably my last blackberry. And z10 more than half the price.

Posted via the Amazing Q10 10.2.1.537
    Last edited by arlene_t; 02-04-14 at 08:08 PM.
    02-04-14 12:56 PM
    Q5 is about �249 here in Belgium. Anyone else noticed the same in their country and if so, how do you feel now when you paid a Q10 full price last year?
    May I ask you, good sir, where you found it for 250 euros?
    02-04-14 02:57 PM
    The device missed the mark by a wide margin. Few people like it. Many, many problems. Big step backwards vs previous Blackberry's. Even drops iconic push email, causing lots of problems. Also, big data hog. Plus, functions take longer/more steps to do just about everything, in a mistaken attempt to appeal to a broader, social media focused universe. Company going out of business. What do you expect?

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 08:04 PM
    Weird for a company without debt to go out of business... Ford was actually in debt and got their way out of it. I think you don't have a real clear idea of how economics works. It's not like a company doesn't sell well for a few years they just go out of business...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-04-14 09:16 PM
    Weird for a company without debt to go out of business... Ford was actually in debt and got their way out of it. I think you don't have a real clear idea of how economics works. It's not like a company doesn't sell well for a few years they just go out of business...
    Well, if you study business and basic economics, you'll learn that a company needs positive cash flow to stay in business. Blackberry reportedly has cash and reserves to last about a year given burn rates. When products don't sell, it gets very hard to make money.

Blackberry couldn't even sell itself. No one could finance an acquisition. Could barely raise $1.25B in debt against all of its assets. It will ultimately be broken up and sell piece mail. The pieces have some value to various players, somewhat depending on the validity of its patents, like "keyboard optimized for two thumbs" which is probably a stretch. But there are patents, technology and business that will have some value to some buyers. Still, I wouldn't feel good as customer of the fledgling orphan consumer business.

Not a good scenario.
    02-04-14 09:28 PM
    May I ask you, good sir, where you found it for 250 euros?
    Possible, travelled to Brussels by business two weeks ago. In the main shopping street I have bought my Q10 (QWERTY keyboard) for 349 EUR. Off contract of course (retail BASE store). Btw, the same price was for Z10!!
    http://shop.base.be/en/products/gsm....ackBerry%5D=11
    02-04-14 10:11 PM
    I must be one of your so-called "few" people. I LOVE my Q10. I knew it was the phone for me the moment I played with one last summer in my local Verizon store. It fits my hands perfectly, and does everything I'd ever want a smartphone to do, and then some. Granted, I never had one of the older BBOS devices, but even hearing the complaints from people who say they miss some features from the older phones do not discourage me at all. The Q10 is exactly the phone I wanted, and I don't feel that BlackBerry "missed the mark" at all.

PS: Go Sox!

The device missed the mark by a wide margin. Few people like it. Many, many problems. Big step backwards vs previous Blackberry's. Even drops iconic push email, causing lots of problems. Also, big data hog. Plus, functions take longer/more steps to do just about everything, in a mistaken attempt to appeal to a broader, social media focused universe. Company going out of business. What do you expect?

Posted via CB10

Posted via my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.1.0.4189
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-14 10:53 PM
    It seems that no device is holding its value for long these days given how saturated the smartphone market has become. Even the iPhone is incapable of demanding the exorbitant amounts of years past since it is virtually on every carrier and Apple sells the devices unlocked, etc. As an avid buyer and seller of devices, I've witnessed the shift in the last seven years or so. Sucks big time for early adopters. But for those who can wait it out, there is the possibility of getting a high end device for half its launch price.

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-14 11:24 PM
    Price dropped also in Romania. I pick my Z10 in march 2013- the non LTE model( from the "Grey" market, because officially in that moment we couldn't find it into store) and I've paid double price that is now( for the LTE model of course...)

Posted via CB10
    02-04-14 11:29 PM
    Well, today I found out more about this big price drop in my country. See my opening post here. A couple of weeks ago I saw the Q10 about €350 cheaper off contract (unlocked). The 1st vendor from a store named Fnac told me that the store was ending sales of the Q10's and therefore the huge price drop. Today I went out and bought a new case for my Q10 in another more specialized shop, Coolblue, and they had that same big price drop at the same time as the 1st store, Fnac, a couple of weeks ago but now the price was back to €600. I asked this vendor why the big price drop before and now the price was back to its previous. He told me that it was a limited action to promote BB10. Big difference as to what the 1st vendor told me. I asked him if they sold a lot of Q10 during that promotion. His reply was during the promotion every day, non stop, the Q10's were flying out the door. Didn't ask him bout the other BB10 devices, maybe I should have. Anyway, this brings some clarification to my OP post. My apologies if I was baffled in my opening post and it sounded more as a complaint about such a huge price drop (with reason) but now it all seems very rational.
    Last edited by Mo Cat; 02-08-14 at 02:45 PM.
    02-08-14 11:56 AM
    I got mine 2 months ago 50 euro 2 year contract with Vodafone Irl

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 12:27 PM
    I got mine 2 months ago 50 euro 2 year contract with Vodafone Irl

Posted via CB10
    That's with contract, I'm talking unlocked and/or no contract.
    02-08-14 02:43 PM
    Dropped here, from 1999 Dhs to 1200 Dhs or even less.
    I've purchased a white Q10 and it will be shipped tomorrow

C001230B6 New wallpapers for your BB10 device
    02-08-14 03:44 PM
    This is good news in my opinion. Well, not good news as in the phones are so in demand that people are buying them at full price, but even if they are selling at a discount, even if BB isn't making a profit, there are more devices out there and people are more likely to stick with their current platform than to switch back and forth so hopefully this means the next line of phones well sell better at launch. Also, more people using the OS should get better word of mouth since I honestly feel that BB10 is a competent OS. Not without its flaws, you see me complaining about them here on the forums, but definitely not a bad OS like Windows Phone is. I'd say it has its pros and cons and can stand toe to toe with ios and android in everything except apps...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-08-14 03:49 PM
39 12