So I always bounce back and forth from the iphone to BlackBerry. They each have there pros and cons so to speak. However, I always LOVE my BlackBerry but go back to the iphone occasionally because of things like maps, or imessage, and other nonsense.

However, my trusted Q10 did not fail me in the maps department!!

I feel iphone is amazing with their GPS and navigation and BlackBerry always fell far behind. I stand corrected.

I decided to hop on my ducati and drive to VA, from NJ (7 hour drive). Took a little vacation decided to be adventurous. The whole ride there and back I had my BlackBerry maps running with headphones on so I can hear the directions. Worked beautifully!! I was very impressed. In my car I don't mind because I have navigation. But this one was scary, and I'm proud to say my BlackBerry navigated me through 5 states there and back with no hiccups (and minor battery drain)

Stay On Top | Knowledge is Power. Information is Liberating
    08-05-14 09:33 PM
    So I always bounce back and forth from the iphone to BlackBerry. They each have there pros and cons so to speak. However, I always LOVE my BlackBerry but go back to the iphone occasionally because of things like maps, or imessage, and other nonsense.

I feel iphone is amazing with their GPS and navigation and BlackBerry always fell far behind. I stand corrected.

I decided to hop on my ducati and drive to VA, from NJ (7 hour drive). Took a little vacation decided to be adventurous. The whole ride there and back I had my BlackBerry maps running with headphones on so I can hear the directions. Worked beautifully!! I was very impressed. In my car I don't mind because I have navigation. But this one was scary, and I'm proud to say my BlackBerry navigated me through 5 states there and back with no hiccups (and minor battery drain)

Yes BB maps actually works great these days, must have been the last update.
    08-05-14 09:36 PM
    Yes I'm running the latest official verizon release. Worked flawlessly

http://www.stayontop-lifestyle.com/
    08-05-14 10:20 PM
    "So I always bounce back and forth from the iphone to BlackBerry" ?????????????????
    08-05-14 11:47 PM

I too swap back and forth between my iPhone and Q10. However, I personally find the onboard GPS much better on the iPhone. I use Garmin N.America on my iPhone. There is no equivalent onboard map app for BB. I've tried Mireo and most of the other onboard GPS programs for BB10 and there is no comparison for onboard GPS mapping apps. Mireo for example won't even find a street address here in Canada. It and like programs need lots of work yet to make the big time...... Hopefully Garmin or Navigon will give BB 10 support soon.
    08-06-14 12:23 AM
    I've used the stock maps app on my Q10 a few times with no trouble yet. I've heard enough complaints about it to know it does fall short of other GPS though.

I had Telenav on my old 9310 and liked that, but it seems to be gone. I know it's called Scout now, but I don't see it in BBWorld.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 12:37 AM
    Nice story OP, love the Q myself!

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-06-14 12:48 AM
    "So I always bounce back and forth from the iphone to BlackBerry" ?????????????????
    Haha yes unfortunately I do. I don't know why, I guess it's the nerd in me always wanting the newest out. BlackBerry is still the best though in my personal opinion.

Yea iphone maps is great, I feel like I can never get lost and have the peace of mind that I can find anything anywhere any time.

08-06-14 09:34 AM
    I switch back and forth between my z10 and q10. I'm using my q10 now, just something about that dang q10 that keeps me coming back to it.

Posted via CB10
    08-06-14 01:13 PM
    I've only required BBMaps a few times since I've had my Z10 (Launch day in Canada) and it didn't fail me. Not sure what makes it so inferior to the iMaps or other mapping software. Maybe I'm not using it right? lol When I have occasion to use it, it gets me from point A to point B flawlessly.
    08-06-14 01:21 PM
    Great to hear, OP People seem to have the impression that using Maps on a Blackberry will get you lost. I've had to tell several people that Blackberry is using Tom Tom. I also have BeMaps Pro downloaded (which is essentially Google Maps, but it goes to BB Maps for navigation.)

The few times I've had to use BB Maps, it's gotten me to where I needed to. I'm sure perhaps my Garmin GPS may have given better directions, but even still, I got to where I needed to using BB Maps.
    Last edited by davisgq; 08-12-14 at 08:36 PM.
    08-06-14 02:15 PM
    Getting from point A to point B is all that is significant (as long as there's no missed turns or "make a legal U turn" haha)

What was scary too, (if anyone is familiar with NJ or VA) the whole trip is basically one road I-95 for 6-7 hours. So there was times where it would say "continue 8 5 miles"... and over an hour later, all I was thinking was uh oh, I hope my phone didn't re boot or something like that lol

Although, I have never experienced random re boots like of Q10 users, it is what we hear that stirs up the skepticism . So all you people with problem devices, SHUT UP hahaha just kidding

08-07-14 07:46 AM
    Getting from point A to point B is all that is significant (as long as there's no missed turns or "make a legal U turn" haha)

What was scary too, (if anyone is familiar with NJ or VA) the whole trip is basically one road I-95 for 6-7 hours. So there was times where it would say "continue 8 5 miles"... and over an hour later, all I was thinking was uh oh, I hope my phone didn't re boot or something like that lol

Although, I have never experienced random re boots like of Q10 users, it is what we hear that stirs up the skepticism . So all you people with problem devices, SHUT UP hahaha just kidding

I have only had one minor issue with BlackBerry maps. Street was half a mile down the road. No biggie. I just wish you could enter Lat Long and save routes.

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Sorry you live in New Jersey.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 11:55 AM
    Hi guys,
    bought my Q10 - 1 week ago and its amazing !
    For all those who wanted to add the bookmarks you have on your notebook to your BB Broweser, I suggest to use Everynote, creat a new note on your laptop including all your favorite bookmarks and then synchronize it.
    It will immediately appear on your BB Q10 every note app.
    Best regards
    08-07-14 03:59 PM
    Have started using BlackBerry maps after Google Maps refused to boot quickly on a recent trip. I was hesitant at first but the maps worked great. Very clear to read the display and easy to navigate. Well done on the updates BlackBerry.

Glad you guys like your Q10's. I'm tempted to switch from the Z10, which I really like, since I have a qwerty itch I need to scratch. Keen to see how the Passport feels, as I really liked the way the Q10 sat in my hands.

CB10 on a Z10
    08-07-14 08:47 PM