Maybe this will save you hours of re- installation and testing...

I swapped from 9900 to Q10 in the same time as my friend, who was using 9700 before Q10. Early fall 2013.
    We both had many complaints about the OS and it's productivity (and even after recent upgrade it's not as effective for our work as old system), but our phones had drastically different battery life. I use the phone simmilar way as my friend, using two e-mail accounts with IMAP, BBM etc. No. special apps at all. Just basic office stuff.
    After hard day when I got average around 160-200 e-mails a day and 30-50 phone calls and many sms or bbm messages, my batter is on 50-60% in the evening. My friend's battery was empty often during afternoon and sometimes as fast as after 4h or work.
    He tried to swap to leaked OS about month ago, no major change. He even got new battery and later whole new device from the shop, where he purchased it.
    No change - battery life was crazy.
    Until this week, when we tried to compare really everything in our phones, tried to run with and without wifi, switched from 3G to GPRS etc.
    Problem was discovered and the battery life of both phones is now identical as well as the discharge graph in the device monitor.

Problem: one e-mail account what my friend was using.
    I use both e-mails on Gmail, he was using one Gmail and one country specific (local) provider, where he has account for years. Both e-mails were IMAP, but receiving e-mail from that account drained the battery so much, that it's unbelievable.
    No idea, what was wrong with that account, e-mails were delivered in no time, all operations were identical as on Gmail, but when he finally after MONTHS of fighting with this problem deleted this mail account from Q10, his battery life is just perfect.

So I think it is good to mention when somebody has simmilar problems, that the reason may be in the connection with the mail account, what seems to be as crazy as it sounds, but it was the real problem in this case.
    So if you suffer poor battery life and you cannot find anything what may cause it, try to test e-mail using different provider and maybe it will be solution for you as well.

Friend has many folders under his mail account with hunderets saved messages from past years and even when he try to keep inbox folder empty, that mail account caused probably the very visible drops in the discharge courve in the monitor and also PIM services over 120% while mine phone shows just 15%.

So hope this story will help somebody. Friend was about to finnaly return the phone to the shop and get back to his old 9700. Now is 100% happy with the battery life.

Posted using BlackBerry Q10
    jope28 and Velocitymj like this.
    02-20-14 10:05 PM
    Prior to my 10.2.1. update my battery lasted all day.
    But now, it runs down quicker..
    Is that a possibility that even though my email account is still the same, perhaps the update reacts differently with it?
    02-20-14 10:59 PM
    Whatsapp is the main culprit when it comes to battery drain

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 11:05 PM
    Delete whatsappp, your battery shall improve mostly.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 10:06 AM
    I can't speak for others but in my case Whatsapp does not drain battery at all. If Whatsapp would not run properly I would already have sold both my Z30 and Q10 as BBM is not an option for me.

Posted via CB10
    alpha beta gaga likes this.
    02-21-14 11:53 AM
    Whatsup is in our case (2x Q10) causing no battery drain at all.
    My discharge courve today - quite busy day, about 40 phone calls, over 100 mails to forward/reply and another 50 to just delete. About 15 sms, few bbm and about 10 whatsup messages. Five photos to attach to mails and few smart bar codes scanned.

What's up is OK

Q10 poor battery life - problem solved-img_20140221_234430.png

02-21-14 05:49 PM
    FYI
    Friend's battery with "wrong" e-mail account:

Q10 poor battery life - problem solved-img_20140221_235154.png

And after the problematic account was deleted and replaced by mails forwarded to new Gmail account instead:

Q10 poor battery life - problem solved-img_20140221_235231.png

I think no need to say anything else

02-21-14 05:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    Delete whatsappp, your battery shall improve mostly.

Posted via CB10
    hmmm those are very wide sweeping statements. i have less than 10 people on whatsapp and it does not drain my battery at all. if i had 100 people things may or may not be different. either way, to say whatsapp is the 'main' drain? i don't buy it.
    02-21-14 06:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    I've had this problem since the installing the new OS update, to 10.2.1.
    I've only recently installed WhatsApp and I concur with the previous posts that it has no apparent effect.
    I've discovered that if I leave the browser open, it will drain the battery to less than 15% in approx. two hours.
    The sudden short battery life is an issue that I've seen posted on BB's website and elsewhere in the forums here and there hasn't been a solution posted as of this date.
    I don't use Gmail and my website email on my phone didn't affect the battery life when I was stuck with 10.1.
    The common link to everyone's phones with this problem, is the OS10 update to 10.2.1.
    Logically, that points to the way the operating system works as being the culprit.
    07-05-14 08:46 PM
    It seems like the latest bbm update is killing battery life for me. With up to 50% usage based on BlackBerry System Analysis.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:03 AM