I've noticed that my Contacts, when typing my friend's name in using the phone, do not show up. I go over the Contacts icon, my friend's name is there.

So, I had a mission to determine why my Contacts do not show up, when trying to look them up on the Phone, even though I had their phone numbers in my Contacts. I've determined that if my Contacts are linked to Twitter, Facebook, or BBM, they will not appear in the Phone Contacts. The moment I unlink them, they appear in the Phone contacts.

AT&T
    Model Number: SQN100-1
    06-25-13 04:01 PM
    Welcome to the forums,

So this is from the main screen or the phone app? Because I just tried to replicate this issue on my Q10 and couldn't. Running Rogers, 10.1.0.4285
    06-25-13 04:11 PM
    I found that if phone # is primary "linked" item, it shows in phone book - 2 suggestions - unlink and relink to main contact or reset phone and install phone contacts first before others (Facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc). Worked for me (or not allow such contacts to "populate" contact list

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:12 PM
    The phone app only.
    06-25-13 04:22 PM
    Happens to me occasionally...in the phone app certain contacts won't show, but they are there in the Contacts app. I've tried to find the common thread between these contacts, but there is no apparent reason...they are contacts that are in my EAS account, but others that are in that account will display, even if they have the same types of links. I've found that if I go into the contacts app and change the display to anything else then put it right back to my preference, the contacts will then display in the phone app.
    06-25-13 04:55 PM
    I had the same problem when I linked my iPad to facebook before my email accounts.

Also they say when syncing from an old os device, to sync your mail (I read as "major") mail accounts before you start the transfer. I did my two main ones and then starting the sync transfer

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:25 PM