Why people give away their confort and portability and have this unnatural demand for bigger and bigger phones when there is a perfect size phone? Near Q10 which ofcourse is just my choice, there is Z10, iphone 4,5, every android up to 4.5 inch ...and the list can be continued.
    Not to mention that I've sold my Z30 and have now the Q only because of this point of view: portability. And keep in mind I'm not having small hands and Z30 is the most portable 5inch phone!

Q10 happy owner
    bbnrs and JGoodard like this.
    11-14-14 12:31 AM
    I guess "perfect-size" is in the eye of the beholder?
    Or hands?
    killkenny1 likes this.
    11-14-14 05:43 AM
    Had an Note 2 before I switched to the Q10 and I can say that both have their pros and cons regarding the size. All I can say that I don't miss the big screen of the Note 2 but it always depends on the requirements u have on a mobile phone. There is no "general perfect size".

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    Marthaelisa17 likes this.
    11-14-14 05:59 AM
    I also had a note 2, and I traded it for my Q10 and I also don't miss it. I do think it is the perfect size for me but everyone has their own preference. I do love my phone which with the Hub I feel more productive! I'm hoping BlackBerry will continue to build on the Q10 and give those with one an upgrade that we will enjoy.

Posted from my Fabulous Q10
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-14-14 07:35 AM
    Don't know about the Z30 being the most portable 5 inch device. I feel like that might be the S4. I have never held the Z30 but samsung has worked hard to decrease the bezels.

I love the Q10 and iphone 5s -- I am trying to hold on to those two devices as long as possible. I don't want to be forced into a bigger screen. I love the portability and one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-14-14 10:18 AM
    Like the girl above said, it depends on the likes of the owner.

I personally dont understand all this craze for titanic phones.

Call me old school, but ill maintain my stance that phones are a communication device before a media device.

The Q10 is the perfect blend of the phones of old (size) with the functionality of a modern phone(OS).

For me, it cannot be beaten

Posted via CB10
    dmateo likes this.
    11-14-14 10:26 PM
    Q10 looks too tiny beside my passport now, can never go back now

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    11-14-14 11:12 PM
    I loooove it's size...
    11-15-14 12:03 AM
    Q10 looks too tiny beside my passport now, can never go back now

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1016
    Really?
    Please tell us how your day by day tasks are covered? How you answer with one hand? How big are your pockets? Hope you didn't changed the clothes...sorry about the joke, but really don't understand how you manage it? Oh, to not forget : where in the car you put the phone when driving? (Don't tell me that you don't speak when you drive....)

Q10 happy owner
    jevinzac likes this.
    11-15-14 12:31 AM
    I love the size of the Q10, I'd say it is damn near perfect. The trade-off is of course, the screen which is terrible for most android apps, watching videos or playing games. For that, it is passable at best. However, portablilty the phenomenal keyboard and its' ruggedness are why I use a Q10, and for that, it is perfect.

Envoy� par mon Z10
    bbnrs and JGoodard like this.
    11-15-14 12:37 AM
    Perfect description.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:43 PM
    The Q10 does have an effortless and natural grip to the hand.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    11-15-14 01:58 PM
    I'm with Hydde - I don't understand the larger format devices either - Q10 for me
    11-15-14 03:50 PM
    I em quite happy with q but I would like little bigger screen, really is a shame classic isn't real successor of q that tool belt just bother me.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:57 PM
    if the screen was a just a little longer then i would agree. So maybe the classic will be the perfect size phone for me.
    11-15-14 04:20 PM
    I'll admit, q10 has become a device that is very easily pocketable. Here is the comparison to my passport. I miss the pocketability, but I sure do love the screen real estate on the passport. I love the power it holds. I love the keyboard. The phone is awesome!
    Q10 - perfect size?-q10passport.jpg

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    11-15-14 05:25 PM
    I have both a Q10 (which I was a day one adopter for) and a Passport. The size of both devices have their very own pros and cons. The Q for example feels right, compact and comfortable to hold. It fits in virtually every pocket, the phone also draws much less attention compared to the Passport, especially when using it as a phone.

The Passport on the other hand has a big screen which makes browsing, viewing documents and consuming media much more convenient. Also the big keyboard is more comfortable to type on compared to the Q. The downside is this device simply screams for two-handed usage, yes of course you can do many things with just one hand, but it is not comfortable at all - at least not for my medium sized men's hands. That also leads to being a phone which is not good in any hurry or busy like situation, like sprinting to the train with luggage or being on the go with a cup of coffee.

In situations like these, the compact Q10 shines IMHO. I am also one of those persons who own a Passport but don't make fun of their old Q10. Personally I don't think the Passport is THE ultimate successor to the good old Bold formfactor. I'd even go so far and state I might end up selling the PP and go with a Classic instead.

Posted via CB10
    JGoodard likes this.
    11-16-14 05:31 AM
    I have both a Q10 (which I was a day one adopter for) and a Passport. The size of both devices have their very own pros and cons. The Q for example feels right, compact and comfortable to hold. It fits in virtually every pocket, the phone also draws much less attention compared to the Passport, especially when using it as a phone.

The Passport on the other hand has a big screen which makes browsing, viewing documents and consuming media much more convenient. Also the big keyboard is more comfortable to type on compared to the Q. The downside is this device simply screams for two-handed usage, yes of course you can do many things with just one hand, but it is not comfortable at all - at least not for my medium sized men's hands. That also leads to being a phone which is not good in any hurry or busy like situation, like sprinting to the train with luggage or being on the go with a cup of coffee.

Posted via CB10
    How for christ sake, do you manage that? Seriously.
    11-16-14 10:11 AM
    Hydde.

You make the point that the phone is a communication device. It is and different people prefer to (or must) communicate in different ways. There are situations in the business world and others where it is rude and disturbing to others to blab away on your phone and more discreet to answer an urgent message via email or text. For the deaf/hard of hearing, like myself, a larger screen make it easier to use Video Relay Service apps and others built for us as we require the visual to communicate.

Me, I detest virtual key boards. That is why I've avoided the Z devices but am seriously looking at the Passport due to its screen size.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:35 AM
    Also, I have a problem with the word "perfect". What is perfect and for whom?

There is no perfect. Maybe there is an excellent. But not perfect. Especially for the masses.

Perfect is what fits my needs. Why should I care what's "perfect" for others?
    11-16-14 10:41 AM
    Yes well the point is now BlackBerry don't have perfect phone now q need little larger screen, passport is too big, and classic have toolbelt that is not to big problem, for me problem is q is just right all I need is classic screen but tool belt make classic bigger then it should be

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 04:46 PM
    I guess "perfect-size" is in the eye of the beholder?
    Or hands?
    I agree. That being said, Q10 has the near perfect size for me. Other phones I considered buying were 5". I have small hands, so reaching to the upper parts of those phones was a bit hard for me. At the same time those phones also didn't use space on the sides. Q10 is shorted, but wider and in my opinion manages real estate very well. Wish were was an all touch phone with Q10 form factor, not that I want one now, but if I ever needed one, hope there was such a phone.
    11-16-14 05:04 PM
    My hands like the Q10 but my eyes like the Passport.

And my hands actually like the Passport too, except for a few things, but there's no doubt that the Q10 is a superbly easy phone to handle. But my eyes like the Passport. So the Passport wins.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    BroncoVAL likes this.
    11-16-14 05:13 PM
    As with a lot of things:

It. Depends!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 07:34 PM
    Just to play devil's advocate, the Pearl was the perfect size. Seriously loved the Pearl, but the benefit of the larger screen of the Q10 makes it more appropriate.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 11:29 PM
32 12