Any Q10 users currently trying out the Passport? Do you think you'll stay with the Passport or return to the trusty (at least in my case) Q10? Like many here I'm a keyboard lover but of course am intrigued by the idea of a larger screen. Having used the 9300, 9700, 9780, 9790 and Q10, this switch would be the biggest change in years (the adjustment to BB 10 was not difficult for me).

Curious to hear how others are finding it!
    09-26-14 07:36 AM
    Any Q users switched? I'm sure there are
    10-01-14 02:08 PM
    Meeee!

It's been almost a week for me, and so far I have no urge to fire up the Q10.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    Shmerk and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    10-01-14 02:14 PM
    Meeee!

It's been almost a week for me, and so far I have no urge to fire up the Q10.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    I knew there would be! LOL thanks for replying to OP

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:23 PM
    And I ended up switching later the same day that I posted this.
    No looking back for me either. I sold my Q10 within days, but for the few days I still had it, it was SO small when I picked it up! I'm not sure how I could ever go back.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    10-10-14 11:51 AM
    On my first 6 hrs using the passport from q10. Typing is a bit slower but I think I can fully adopt in a couple days. Screen size is amazing I cant imagine myself going back

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:55 PM
    I absolutely loved Q10, but Passport makes it looks stupid.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 01:03 PM
    Me! I kept my Q10 for daily use. Making calls, using What'sApp, too. I run my Passport SIM-free as a tablet/phablet with Wi-Fi switched on; on the go, I make my Q10 provide the hotspot and at home I use my home network.
    Only for BBM I had to decide on which device I want to run it because it is now tied to my BlackBerry-ID... I now run it on my Passport.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-10-14 01:53 PM
    I am actually thinking about it, the only thing holding me back now is Telus doesn't have the VIP edition, only standard without the case. I am a holster type guy and not sure I can adapt

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    10-10-14 01:57 PM
    I am actually thinking about it, the only thing holding me back now is Telus doesn't have the VIP edition, only standard without the case. I am a holster type guy and not sure I can adapt

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    The case is a sort of hard shell with relief, so it's like the back of the white Q10.
    The back of the passport feels like the back of the Kindle paper white if you've got one or know someone who has one... I mean the material.
    I just ordered the case extra from Amazon, it will be shipped from UK to GER and it's on the way to me. I also ordered a screen protector. I think the device is rare... take one if you really want one and keep it in a drawer until you get the shell and the screen protector!
    It is better than hoping to get a VIP-Edition (it's just a shell, I'll post you the Amazon adress at the end of my post)... hoping to get a VIP-Ed. that's constantly sold out/not available!
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00M9AT...UvbUpU10955397
    Attachment 304900
    BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.2.1.2941; BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.0.675
    10-10-14 02:25 PM
    Only had the passport for 30+ hours and my phone is still on my Q10 but I am loving the passport keyboard experience.

Honestly the Q does feel miniature after using the pp, which is strange because I have been carrying a Z Ultra as a data phablet/tablet for a couple of months and never thought the Q was too small before.

PP keyboard is really revolutionary, it takes some adjusting but it is amazing once you get a handle on the new form factor. The 1440 screen is really wonderful to use, it feels much more natural to write and read on. It will also take some time to internalize all of the little keyboard tweaks like double tap and pull down for on-screen but once these become intuitive it will be amazing. They really should have used the extra quarter chicklet spacers on each side to widen the bottom row and given that to the slightly too narrow space bar.

As for the overall form factor I am not 110% sold, a 4" screen with a vertical 4*3 ratio would have made a far more natural device. I think I would have also preferred a 4th row of keys but I will adjust. I just find the device is a little wide to hold when using it one handed and moving through the streets.

Also as a suit guy I have the easy access pockets but I would much prefer a holster option. I use a pebble and Talk2Watch Pro so I do get the vibration notifications but I think I would miss many notifications without pebble or something similar.

This thing will really be perfect with 10.3.1.xxxx. I am still running 10.3.0.xxx on my passport but have 3.1.634/632 hybrid on my Q, it is a super upgrade, especially for anyone who used early bbos through 7 and highly customized notifications.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:29 PM
    I've owned 18 different BlackBerrys since 2004 and this one is by far my favourite...had the Q10 before and don't miss it...got the Passport the day it launched.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 06:59 PM
    Longtime BlackBerry user and my previous device before making the transition to the Passport was the Q10. The biggest mistake I made was taking so long to take the plunge!

Once you go Passport you won't look back. The Passport is unique, but once you spend a little time with it will grow on you. The Passport is definitely an acquired taste!

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:11 PM
    I upgraded from Q10 to Passport. Loved my Q. For work I used to carry my Q and a mini iPad for viewing drawings.

I got my Passport and sold the iPad last week. Don't need it anymore with this huge screen.

Best upgrade ever. Now I see my wife and son pecking away with their fingertips on their narrow iPhone 6 and 4s and I can't help but think they are going to cross-eyed.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:22 PM