07-04-14 02:57 PM
59 123
tools
    Based on what I've read in this forum, BlackBerry is, in many cases, telling customers to deal with their carrier, and the carriers are telling customers to deal with BlackBerry.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    This. Definitely this.

My issue is, why should I have to eat two more years on my contract with a phone that doesn't work as sold to me, been repaired multiple times under warranty and having reoccurring failures for exactly what was warrantied for in the past? All to be ignored because of a 90 day warranty on "warrantied parts".

If it's my problem and not Blackberry?s, then that's fine. I'll accept that and take my business to a competitor. From my perspective, I have given BlackBerry as many opportunities I have available to me to make this right. They have chose to ignore this customer. Again, that's fine. Perhaps they can afford to lose me as a customer - market share would have me think otherwise but maybe I'm wrong so I'll either live with my broken phone, or i'll buy a new one - but not from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-03-14 05:18 PM
    If Q10s were starting house fires or making cars explode BlackBerry would be there in a heartbeat. The fact that some users experience keyboard problems likely indicates a weakness in the design. The fact that BlackBerry is fixing these under warranty tells me that BlackBerry is standing behind their phones and accepting responsibility. It would be much cheaper to blame customers and say that the keyboards are being misused in order to deny expensive warranty work. Some icompanies do that you know; blame consumers for design flaws.

Personally, I'd rather see BlackBerry address this than lose customers but they're certainly not obligated to provide free repairs after the warranty period. Expecting BlackBerry to support your device for free until you die is ridiculous and goes along with a sense of entitlement and transposition of responsibility that is overwhelmingly common these days but detrimental to our progress.

How would people feel if BlackBerry offered keyboard parts at cost to owners who are out of warranty?
    Sorry I have a different view. Warranty terms are valid for normal issues. In case of epidemics (and if 50% is the problem percentage, than THIS IS an epidemics) then you should provide extended warranty or even having a recall campaign. Btw. Owning two Q10, both double typing

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    07-03-14 05:19 PM
    Very good points in last two entries.
    07-03-14 06:03 PM
    I hope your Q10 does last long. I think the Q10 is the most rugged BlackBerry 10 device and I don't know why you feel the 9300 is more rugged. It is the only BB10 device that I can use without a case. I hope you are able to get 3 years out of it. Mine has been good coming up to a year very soon although, as I have just graduated from University and fortunate to be walking into a job, I really wanna try the passport out!
    My Q10 is extremely rugged. I am a millwright and my Q10 is the phone that has been on my belt since they came out. I don't even bother with a case or screen protector. I handle it with oily greasy hands...have dropped it a number of times on concrete...the battery cover and sometimes the battery pop out...it is operated in high ambient temperatures for hours on end (ex. 132F)...I consider myself an abuser of the phone...colleagues have all used 'the other guys' and not once has any of them been able to handle the environment (without any protection) that my BlackBerry's have operated continually in. Before my Q10, it was my personal Z10 (I had an old Curve 8520 from work), again case etc. free...and when I changed over carriers for myself I got a Z30, and work upgraded to a Q10. I always keep my personal phone as I use the bigger Z for schematics, manuals etc. The Q does everything else. I would use just one with Balance, but we aren't big enough for such a setup. All three of my BlackBerry's have been used harder than most will ever put theirs through, so I sometimes wonder how some are considered 'fragile'...I have had six different BlackBerry's over the years (I upgrade because I want to, not because I have to)...and I have yet to have any issues besides batteries getting tired...(I have owned, in order, a 7580?, a Storm, a Torch 9860, Z10, Q10, and Z30).

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-03-14 08:14 PM
    Personally, I'd rather see BlackBerry address this than lose customers but they're certainly not obligated to provide free repairs after the warranty period. Expecting BlackBerry to support your device for free until you die is ridiculous and goes along with a sense of entitlement and transposition of responsibility that is overwhelmingly common these days but detrimental to our progress.
    I don't expect BlackBerry to support my Q10 until I die.
    I do expect a smartphone to function reasonably well for the contract period of 2 years. My past BlackBerrys have exceeded that, so I expect that out of the Q10, especially since the Q10 build quality is probably the best out of all of them. My customers have expectations for me doing my job, if it's a good repeat customer and I don't meet their expectations, I'll do something about it to keep them as a customer. If that's "entitlement", so be it.

How would people feel if BlackBerry offered keyboard parts at cost to owners who are out of warranty?
    They would keep me as a customer! If BlackBerry offered $100.00 credit for any new BlackBerry phone, I'd get a Z30 ASAP.
    07-04-14 12:52 AM
    Your provider is supposed to provide support on behalf of BlackBerry. If your provider is telling you to contact BlackBerry that is their way of telling you to F-off. Take it up with them, or complain to BlackBerry about them... don't expect BlackBerry to deal with you directly and hold your hand with forehead kisses when that is not their business model. Nobody gives a spit when my milk goes sour on the 25th after it expired on the 17th... after the 17th it is my problem.

Warranty period has an expiration. Accept it now as you did when you selected your device and bought it. A sense of entitlement does not mean you are actually entitled to anything you want. Your 2 year commitment is with your provider... not with BlackBerry; BlackBerry promised you 1 year of warranty support.

Btw, a survey on crackberry doesn't mean anything as far as reality goes. What you know is that 50% of the people who voted decided to vote for each option. You don't know that those people even own Q10s FFS.

Last thing I'll say before I disregard this thread entirely is that I still know 4 people, in addition to myself, who own Q10s and have not had any problems with double typing. I'm not suggesting that the problem is made up, but it's certainly not as widespread as some of you like to think it is.
    HabsFan9860 and bbnrs like this.
    07-04-14 01:52 AM
    I'd suggest you send them a mail...did that with my alienware which had a faulty hinge... attached articles that showed that the M11x and M14x had the same problem and loads of people had complained about it... got my laptop repaired for free! And oh! It wasn't covered by the warranty!

MATVD - Movies, Advertisements, Tv Shows and Documentaries! The Largest Entertainment Channel out there! Join now!
    07-04-14 01:56 AM
    Imagine Angela of Germany having this issue. And, my Q10 is 11 months old now, with ever more frequent double typing of a's and e's, r's on occasion. I've noticed it to be more frequent on hot and humid days, has to be hardware. However, Serbian Telenor will never ever accept keyboard replacement...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 04:36 AM
    Am waiting for Q20/Classic to appear.Then wait an see in postings for problems, specifically double/sensitivity problems. Then might purchase a new unit. Mine will be a yr old next month, but keyboard problems are evident now. "Don't be an early res ponder or first on the block."
    07-04-14 02:57 PM
59 123