If your saying none of the people you know have this issue would be interesting to know the region of these phones, and other information, as much as possible, just out of curiosity.
    06-29-14 05:30 AM
    It's a software issue, not hardware. Your efforts will do nothing.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    It is noyt a sooftware issue. When the keyboaerd hardwaeere is replaced, ythe issue is fixed withy the same software veersion.

It sytarts off with a few douyble-typed leyttyers and then gradually moves to a few moere, then finally tyhe dreaded hypersensitive keyys begin where you donty yhave tyo even press a key aned ythe leytyter appears. Foer me, ythe e and y key show yup all over the place.

So, based on my tywo failed keyboaerds, it is a hundred percent haerdwaere erelated.

Posted via CB10
    satchit likes this.
    06-29-14 12:30 PM
    It is noyt a sooftware issue. When the keyboaerd hardwaeere is replaced, ythe issue is fixed withy the same software veersion.

It sytarts off with a few douyble-typed leyttyers and then gradually moves to a few moere, then finally tyhe dreaded hypersensitive keyys begin where you donty yhave tyo even press a key aned ythe leytyter appears. Foer me, ythe e and y key show yup all over the place.

So, based on my tywo failed keyboaerds, it is a hundred percent haerdwaere erelated.

Posted via CB10
    No

06-29-14 12:36 PM

I'll bet you a blackberry passport its hardware.

I have a double typing keyboard that will double type on any OS, my other keyboard won't double type on any OS.

lets install my double typing keyboard into your fully functional Q10. if it double types, I win, if it doesn't, you do.
    06-29-14 01:10 PM
    I'll bet you a blackberry passport its hardware.

I have a double typing keyboard that will double type on any OS, my other keyboard won't double type on any OS.

lets install my double typing keyboard into your fully functional Q10. if it double types, I win, if it doesn't, you do.
    Let's say we did and don't.

06-29-14 01:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you please fix your double-typed typos when posting? You don't have to prove you have the issue.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-29-14 02:09 PM

Hardware, hardware, hardware. This is my 2nd Q10. I got it a few months ago. Been using the same, official OS the whole time. Started double typing already.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    06-29-14 02:11 PM
    Can you please fix your double-typed typos when posting? You don't have to prove you have the issue.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    These forums aare the only place where I let my double typing Q10 do as itt pleases. If it's all corrected, it just appears everything is all right. [autocorrect fixed 2 double type errors]

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:21 PM
    I'll be really sorry to have to go back to a tap-and-pray phone and will miss it, but have no choice really.
    Tap and pray phone, LOL! so true!
    06-29-14 02:40 PM
    My q10 is a year old now and I am a heavy users and do not have the issue. It seems like a very rare issue as nobody I know who has a Q has experienced it too. Blackberry will replace it under warranty if you have a problem. Every single device has bad runs and occasional issues. I have friends who have gone through many replacement iphones, htc ones, and other high end devices. It's unfortunate it has also happened with the Q10, but perfection is not attainable in mass manufacturing of products as complex as these. It is remarkable there are not more problems with various devices. Good luck on getting your device fixed/replaced...

Posted via CB10
    That's good that you don't have the issue, and I'm not sure how widespread it is, but as a potential returning blackberry customer I find the lack of customer support reported on these forums disturbing.
    06-29-14 03:45 PM
    That's good that you don't have the issue, and I'm not sure how widespread it is, but as a potential returning blackberry customer I find the lack of customer support reported on these forums disturbing.
    In my past experience BlackBerry support was second to none and now nonexistent. It's a damn shame. It's just the way our society is becoming. companies want to sell products but don't want to stand behind them. Just step back and look at all the BS you have to go through in order to get something out of a company after you sign the dotted line. I'm not just talking about BlackBerry or Carriers. Try to get service out of your gas supplier, electric company, cable and Internet provider ect. Not to mention any of the appliance manufacturers.
    They are may people out there trying to get something for nothing and shouldn't. But to have a company blow customers off isn't right.
    PS: the bad thing is us consumers let them get by with it.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 06-29-14 at 05:48 PM.
    06-29-14 05:35 PM

Posted with my ? Q10.
    ythanks foer ythe advice, but nope. If BlackBerry wouyld sell a woerking phone, ythen I wouldn't havee tyo correct eveery woerd.

Donyt blame me, blame BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 06:45 PM
    ythanks foer ythe advice, but nope. If BlackBerry wouyld sell a woerking phone, ythen I wouldn't havee tyo correct eveery woerd.

Donyt blame me, blame BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You're doing that yourself. The double typing repeats letters, doesn't grab the letter next to another character. Enough already.

mas_quemex likes this.
    06-29-14 07:19 PM
    You're doing that yourself. The double typing repeats letters, doesn't grab the letter next to another character. Enough already.

Acytually it does. Ythe e and y keys aere hyperesensitive and ythe appeaer when the lettere next to them is peresseed.

Bbut it's software relayted so we can all erest easy, ereight?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:33 PM
    I'm not sure what the big deal is? If the phone is under warranty, then talk to BlackBerry to receive a replacement. If the phone is out of warranty, buy a new keyboard and either replace yourself or get one of the phone repair shops to do it for you.

Depending on your carrier, many offer repair programs at cost even if the phone is out of warranty.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-29-14 09:14 PM
    Acytually it does. Ythe e and y keys aere hyperesensitive and ythe appeaer when the lettere next to them is peresseed.

Bbut it's software relayted so we can all erest easy, ereight?

Posted via CB10
    Ok

06-29-14 09:15 PM
    I'm not sure what the big deal is? If the phone is under warranty, then talk to BlackBerry to receive a replacement. If the phone is out of warranty, buy a new keyboard and either replace yourself or get one of the phone repair shops to do it for you.

Depending on your carrier, many offer repair programs at cost even if the phone is out of warranty.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    The big deeal is tyhat BlackBerry only offeers 90 days on replacement keyboard. Mine lasted 95. I shouldn't have yto eayt 2 moere years on a contract typing like ythis. Carrieer ytells me yto take ity up with BlackBerry and BlackBerry tells me to deal with caerrier, and round and round we go, hence ythe frustration.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 12:31 AM
    The big deeal is tyhat BlackBerry only offeers 90 days on replacement keyboard. Mine lasted 95. I shouldn't have yto eayt 2 moere years on a contract typing like ythis. Carrieer ytells me yto take ity up with BlackBerry and BlackBerry tells me to deal with caerrier, and round and round we go, hence ythe frustration.

Posted via CB10
    Please clean up your posts. We get it.

mas_quemex likes this.
    06-30-14 01:14 AM
    Yes, I've not seen any problems/ posts on Q5 keyboard double typing issues. I had a Q10 and now have the cheap BUT reliable Q5.

Q5
    07-03-14 01:14 AM
    BlackBerry support has always been offered through the carriers. I'm not certain about why they do it that way but they train staff at the cellco to handle basic device support and operate the front line for BlackBerry warranty and repair. I'm sure that many people find this convenient, I know that I always have.

I can only speculate... perhaps they do this so that the carrier can rule out network issues with a problem before initiating a service request.

Either way, BlackBerry is not leaving anyone to twist... if you're having a problem with in-warranty service take it up with your carrier. if you are having problems with that route, ask BlackBerry about filing a complaint about the carrier. Don't expect them to circumvent the service channels they built to help you.

If you're hoping for free repairs after your warranty period you're rolling the dice for anything short of a safety issue, this seldom happens in the world. The warranty exists to protect the consumer, the expiration of the warranty exists to protect the manufacturer.
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 07:17 AM
    BlackBerry support has always been offered through the carriers. I'm not certain about why they do it that way but they train staff at the cellco to handle basic device support and operate the front line for BlackBerry warranty and repair. I'm sure that many people find this convenient, I know that I always have.

I can only speculate... perhaps they do this so that the carrier can rule out network issues with a problem before initiating a service request.

Either way, BlackBerry is not leaving anyone to twist... if you're having a problem with in-warranty service take it up with your carrier. if you are having problems with that route, ask BlackBerry about filing a complaint about the carrier. Don't expect them to circumvent the service channels they built to help you.

If you're hoping for free repairs after your warranty period you're rolling the dice for anything short of a safety issue, this seldom happens in the world. The warranty exists to protect the consumer, the expiration of the warranty exists to protect the manufacturer.
    You're not wrong, and that's a fair assessment.

However, I think the point here is to seek a remedy for a suspected design or manufacturing flaw, not to extend support beyond the warranty for "wear and tear" or mishandling issues.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    07-03-14 08:44 AM

Yeah, we're not talking about a minor problem experienced by a few individuals, but a major issue with one of the key features. 2 polls done on Crackberry showed roughly 50% of the Q10 users experience this. If I'd bought a Jeep and found out that it's 4WD system was problematic for 50% of the users, I'd be piised with them too. And this problem existed prior to the Q10, yet they did not address the issue when they designed the Q10. I have owned only BlackBerrys for a decade and have NEVER broken one, I have kept coming back because of this quality. If BlackBerry wants a quality image, they would address the issue. A BlackBerry with a craapy keyboard of poor quality hold no interest for me. [double type typos done by me]

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 08:56 AM
    I am sure if you make a habit of saving $2 daily, you can buy a new shiny Q10 in a year's time.
    07-03-14 08:57 AM
    If Q10s were starting house fires or making cars explode BlackBerry would be there in a heartbeat. The fact that some users experience keyboard problems likely indicates a weakness in the design. The fact that BlackBerry is fixing these under warranty tells me that BlackBerry is standing behind their phones and accepting responsibility. It would be much cheaper to blame customers and say that the keyboards are being misused in order to deny expensive warranty work. Some icompanies do that you know; blame consumers for design flaws.

Personally, I'd rather see BlackBerry address this than lose customers but they're certainly not obligated to provide free repairs after the warranty period. Expecting BlackBerry to support your device for free until you die is ridiculous and goes along with a sense of entitlement and transposition of responsibility that is overwhelmingly common these days but detrimental to our progress.

How would people feel if BlackBerry offered keyboard parts at cost to owners who are out of warranty?
    07-03-14 11:22 AM
    If Q10s were starting house fires or making cars explode BlackBerry would be there in a heartbeat. The fact that some users experience keyboard problems likely indicates a weakness in the design. The fact that BlackBerry is fixing these under warranty tells me that BlackBerry is standing behind their phones and accepting responsibility. It would be much cheaper to blame customers and say that the keyboards are being misused in order to deny expensive warranty work. Some icompanies do that you know; blame consumers for design flaws.

Personally, I'd rather see BlackBerry address this than lose customers but they're certainly not obligated to provide free repairs after the warranty period. Expecting BlackBerry to support your device for free until you die is ridiculous and goes along with a sense of entitlement and transposition of responsibility that is overwhelmingly common these days but detrimental to our progress.

How would people feel if BlackBerry offered keyboard parts at cost to owners who are out of warranty?
    Based on what I've read in this forum, BlackBerry is, in many cases, telling customers to deal with their carrier, and the carriers are telling customers to deal with BlackBerry.

Posted with my ? Q10.
    07-03-14 12:26 PM
59 123