There has recently been some good tips and links to help users with double-type and hypersensitive keyboards to purchase replacement keyboards and repair it themselves.

I urge you to follow @blackberryhelp and tweet them your concerns. Whether or not you have warranty is moot. In order for BlackBerry to address this issue, we have to bombard them with complaints.

Please report your dialogues with BlackBerry here. I am just awaiting a reply from @blackberryhelp myself. My phone is off warranty but as this is a common issue, it is my position that BlackBerry needs to warranty it.

Posted via CB10
    ezapper2 likes this.
    06-26-14 08:44 AM
    There has recently been some good tips and links to help users with double-type and hypersensitive keyboards to purchase replacement keyboards and repair it themselves.

I urge you to follow @blackberryhelp and tweet them your concerns. Whether or not you have warranty is moot. In order for BlackBerry to address this issue, we have to bombard them with complaints.

Please report your dialogues with BlackBerry here. I am just awaiting a reply from @blackberryhelp myself. My phone is off warranty but as this is a common issue, it is my position that BlackBerry needs to warranty it.

Posted via CB10
    They have the solution... just go by a Passport with it's new keyboard when it comes out.

As a STORM owner and a PlayBook owner... I can safely say that barring a class action lawsuit (you would never win), you are out of luck. They have already gotten your money, they don't really care about "good will" or "customer satisfaction".
    kbz1960, LuisCast and SK122387 like this.
    06-26-14 09:07 AM
    They have the solution... just go by a Passport with it's new keyboard when it comes out.

As a STORM owner and a PlayBook owner... I can safely say that barring a class action lawsuit (you would never win), you are out of luck. They have already gotten your money, they don't really care about "good will" or "customer satisfaction".
    Take that position long enough and that'll surely be the end for Blackberry - which is precisely why Blackberry's market share is projected to fall to .3% by 2018.

If Blackberry does not stand by their Q10 and make this issue right, I for one will not by spending another dime on future Blackberry products such as the Passport or Q20. I would expect many others to follow suit as many already have.

It may not amount to anything at all, but my point is the odds increase if everyone with a faulty Q10 keyboard hammers @blackberryhelp with concerns, its better than doing nothing. And far better than accepting your fate and spending out of pocket to repair the phone yourself - only to have the replacement keyboard fail within weeks or months.
    berryaddictnoza likes this.
    06-26-14 10:03 AM
    I don't know what's going on with my Q10 as all of a sudden the keys are hypersensitivity. First the R key and now the A key joined it. Am so upset cos I never came across such issues with blackberry keyboards as I have been a bold 8900,9700,9900 user and never one day had issues with the keyboard. I need help. Someone any one going through the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 10:44 AM
    I don't know what's going on with my Q10 as all of a sudden the keys are hypersensitivity. First the R key and now the A key joined it. Am so upset cos I never came across such issues with blackberry keyboards as I have been a bold 8900,9700,9900 user and never one day had issues with the keyboard. I need help. Someone any one going through the same issue.

Posted via CB10
    Same issue with both myy keyboards. First with the syym keyy, then with E keyy.

Warranty is only way so far. If no warranty, hammeer @blackberryhelp on twitter with tweets.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 06:23 PM
    Same issue with both myy keyboards. First with the syym keyy, then with E keyy.

Warranty is only way so far. If no warranty, hammeer @blackberryhelp on twitter with tweets.

Posted via CB10
    I mean that's all we really can do. I'm sure I'll experience the double typing issue on this replacement because I'm so lucky

Pin:2B957637 Q10 SQN 100-5 10.3.0.700
    06-26-14 06:51 PM
    If Blackberry does not stand by their Q10 and make this issue right, I for one will not by spending another dime on future Blackberry products such as the Passport or Q20. I would expect many others to follow suit as many already have.
    I'm with you on this, if BlackBerry doesn't address this issue, I'm gone. If the Passport and Classic keyboards have the same mechanics, I'd expect the same outcome with them.

Posted via CB10
    jtang308 likes this.
    06-26-14 08:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    When you have a company in trouble, they start making shortcuts with there products. And here we are. May be they have figured out that a premium product should have better parts in them. Hopefully Chen will know this and make changes to the new devices coming out in November.
    06-26-14 08:29 PM
    Funny that the Q5 is holding up much better than the "premium" Q10. I love my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    nglfmark likes this.
    06-26-14 11:56 PM
    I had multiple 9900's with the keyboard issue but none of the company Q10s. It was probably a bad batch of keyboards.

Phones are designed to last and are tested for 2 years worth of standard use only. Like all things these days, they expire.

I wantz more BlackBerry goodness!
    06-27-14 01:15 AM
    I don't want to tell you that you're wasting your time by tweeting @BlackBerryHelp..BUT.. I will say that I think you could make better use of your time by calling BlackBerry directly and asking for an RMA repair.

Your phone obviously can't be too much more than a year old, and even when I had my PlayBook and it was out of warranty, BlackBerry repaired it.

@BlackBerryHelp seems like it isn't much more than some social media intern telling you how sorry they are for your inconvenience and telling you to restart your phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 02:55 AM
    What happens to we. That have. A Q10 with bad keys and we live. Thousands of miles away from BlackBerry. And without warranty.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 09:36 PM
    What happens to we. That have. A Q10 with bad keys and we live. Thousands of miles away from BlackBerry. And without warranty.

Posted via CB10
    All you can do is badger BlackBerry via twitter ythe besyt you can. Otheer ythan ythayt, we appear to be on ouer own.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 11:20 PM
    All you can do is badger BlackBerry via twitter ythe besyt you can. Otheer ythan ythayt, we appear to be on ouer own.

Posted via CB10
    What do you expect the outcome of this to be?
    SK122387 likes this.
    06-27-14 11:30 PM
    I just wish BlackBerry phones need to be longer lasting.

I had a chance to use an ancient Curve 9300 for a week while I was waiting for my Q10 and I could not help but notice how much more rugged the 9300 felt compared to my Q10. There was no sign of double typing and it could take drops like a champ.

I am hoping to get about three years out of my Q10 since I am a broke university student who cannot afford new phones every year, I really really hope the keyboard will be good until then. It is doing fine after the first four months.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-28-14 02:32 AM
    I just wish BlackBerry phones need to be longer lasting.

I had a chance to use an ancient Curve 9300 for a week while I was waiting for my Q10 and I could not help but notice how much more rugged the 9300 felt compared to my Q10. There was no sign of double typing and it could take drops like a champ.

I am hoping to get about three years out of my Q10 since I am a broke university student who cannot afford new phones every year, I really really hope the keyboard will be good until then. It is doing fine after the first four months.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    I hope your Q10 does last long. I think the Q10 is the most rugged BlackBerry 10 device and I don't know why you feel the 9300 is more rugged. It is the only BB10 device that I can use without a case. I hope you are able to get 3 years out of it. Mine has been good coming up to a year very soon although, as I have just graduated from University and fortunate to be walking into a job, I really wanna try the passport out!
    06-28-14 07:57 AM
    What do you expect the outcome of this to be?
    Expect? Nothing, really. But when someone searches Q10 on twitter and reads 1000 different tweets about broken Q10 keyboards, then mission accomplished.

Want? I want enough folks to ***** via social media that BlackBerry cannot ignore it any longer.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 08:39 AM
    Want? I want enough folks to ***** via social media that BlackBerry cannot ignore it any longer.
    I don't think they care. I asked them on twitter if they had a manufacturer's warranty with their phones, and they said yes, but also said that to use it I had to go through my carrier / initial point of sale.

I asked "what if the carrier let me down?"

No response.

I'm on my third Q10 in 8 months. Not even half way through the contract.

I'll shortly be buying a phone to replace this one, not because it has issues, but because I can't feel like I can rely on it. I'll be really sorry to have to go back to a tap-and-pray phone and will miss it, but have no choice really.

Guess who I won't be giving my money to?
    06-28-14 11:56 AM
    When you have a company in trouble, they start making shortcuts with there products. And here we are. May be they have figured out that a premium product should have better parts in them. Hopefully Chen will know this and make changes to the new devices coming out in November.
    I like BB but keyboard problems negate the video clip of rapid usage. Do look forward to Nov and release of new phones. Primarily "Classic / Q20." BUT DO NOT BUY AS AN EARLY RESPOND ER, wait and read these threads and columns first, wait then BUY if warranted by findings. Perhaps the upgrade to OS 10.3 will help who knows?
    dphjeff likes this.
    06-28-14 12:58 PM
    I hope your Q10 does last long. I think the Q10 is the most rugged BlackBerry 10 device and I don't know why you feel the 9300 is more rugged. It is the only BB10 device that I can use without a case. I hope you are able to get 3 years out of it. Mine has been good coming up to a year very soon although, as I have just graduated from University and fortunate to be walking into a job, I really wanna try the passport out!
    You haven't tried the q5

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 03:17 PM
    I'm on my second Q10 and hopefully it will last me at least several years. My first Q10 had the double-typing keyboard failure and it was only 3 months old. long story short, Blackberry said their 1 year warranty is managed by the carrier. My carrier said they only provide the service and do not manage the warranty. Oddly enough, I spoke to reps at Samsung and Apple and they both handle their own manufacturing warranties. Samsung and Apple said the carrier doesn't even have to notified. Only Blackberry directs users to the carrier. Moral of the story: Blackberry's one year warranty is meaningless unless you purchased directly from them.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:04 PM
    Funny that the Q5 is holding up much better than the "premium" Q10. I love my Q5.

Posted via CB10
    I think the Q5 is nicer in a few ways. Its main design improvement over the Q10 is the placement of the BlackBerry logo; above the keys just makes sense.

I think it's square finish looks more elegant too.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    06-29-14 01:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's a software issue, not hardware. Your efforts will do nothing.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    06-29-14 02:13 AM
    my company already bought me a new Note3, I had bb phones since mid 90s, personal n business usage. . don't think I will go for another bb phones after Q10 as my backup now

Posted via CrackBerry
    06-29-14 03:21 AM
    My q10 is a year old now and I am a heavy users and do not have the issue. It seems like a very rare issue as nobody I know who has a Q has experienced it too. Blackberry will replace it under warranty if you have a problem. Every single device has bad runs and occasional issues. I have friends who have gone through many replacement iphones, htc ones, and other high end devices. It's unfortunate it has also happened with the Q10, but perfection is not attainable in mass manufacturing of products as complex as these. It is remarkable there are not more problems with various devices. Good luck on getting your device fixed/replaced...

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 03:54 AM
59 123