I think the only way to independently respond to this question is to look at the result: sales. And sales are very weak, so the conclusion on that basis is that yes, the price is too high.

Put another way, the device has too limited appeal, too few features that appeal to too few users, and too few competitive advantages vs competitive parity and disadvantages to justify the price relative to the competition.

On the other extreme, there are other barriers to utilization, which exist any price: high cost of changing over to this device, learning how to use it, and even very high data usage costs. I'm sure that there are some people who wouldn't use the Q10 even if it were free -- too few app and other functional disadvantages for them.

But I can't believe that lowering the price wouldn't drive more users -- and maybe a very low price could drive a LOT more users, which in turn could translate into a LOT more Apps, which I think we'd all be happy about and benefit from.
    11-10-13 02:25 PM
    If you look for a decent QWERTY competitor, you'll find that there isn't one. So I think BlackBerry hasn't seen the need to drop the price. The device is designed for a specific market niche which isn't being addressed by the competition.

Bob

Posted via CB10
    11-10-13 05:14 PM
    If you look for a decent QWERTY competitor, you'll find that there isn't one. So I think BlackBerry hasn't seen the need to drop the price. The device is designed for a specific market niche which isn't being addressed by the competition.

Bob

Posted via CB10
    If it was selling...? OK.

I think sales are low to dead.

So I try not use opinion to answer too low or too high.

Price is about supply and demand. Demand is rock bottom. Features aren't getting materially better. Apps aren't coming. Demand isn't going to be improving. The only thing that can drive more demand is lower prices. Therefore, the answer is definitively yes: prices are too high.
    11-10-13 05:21 PM
    Well, even on Ebay, Craigslist, and here in the Crackberry Marketplace, the Q10 is demanding a rather high price.... probably close to what folks are asking for the Samsung S4 and iPhone 5.

Pretty amazing for an unwanted puppy.

I'm looking for one now, but can't bring myself to pay so much for this kind of phone...AND a phone associated with a company that has a questionable future!
    11-10-13 06:12 PM
    To the Ebay point, what you may be seeing is an increased demand for the phone at a lower price. What this tells me is that there is substantial demand but there's a price ceiling that retail units are above. So to the OP's question, I'd have to say yes it's overpriced at retail--most are looking at used or "new" units at a lower price and willing to accept the ebay route to get it.
    11-10-13 07:19 PM
    If we want to value a product, we must compare with its competitor.

Yes it is overpriced.

Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    11-10-13 07:43 PM
    If we want to value a product, we must compare with its competitor.

Yes it is overpriced.

Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    It's still comes price elasticity. I "overpaid" because I am set in my ways on a qwerty keyboard. But I am in the VAST minority of people who:

1. Type so much on their device:

2. Type so well/quickly on their keyboard; and

3. Care so much that they are willing to overlook so many flaws and disadvantages.

Most of the market doesn't agree. Hence the product's failure in the marketplace.

At a radically lower price, you may lure people who care more abt price than functionality.
    11-10-13 07:56 PM
    It was overpriced here for sure I got it for $800+.

Posted via amazing Q10
    11-10-13 10:10 PM
    There are two questions people are answering here:

1) Is the Q10 worth the asking price (to you)?
    2) Is the Q10 overpriced?

The answer to question #1 is purely subjective. The answer to question #2 can be answered objectively.

I'm of the opinion all cell phones are marked up substantially, and as such, they are overpriced. The Q10 is no different. However, overpriced as it is, just like most other phones, it may well be worth the asking price to some.

Blackberry is dead; long live Blackberry!
    11-11-13 09:50 PM
34 12