i kept my BB at night . It was 68 percent charged . i have data services turned OFF . only using 2g , Wifi and NFC turned off . screen minimum brightness. No notifications . but when i woke up in morning after 6 hours , battery was down to 48 percent .
    i hadnt got any notification or missed call or sms .

why did this happen ? why was there a drop in almost 20 percent without using the phone ?
    10-19-14 11:07 PM
    Your phone is still on. Although you have data services turned off doesn't mean emails and whatever else you have that polls stops too. All that uses battery as well as the phone just being on to begin with.
    10-19-14 11:15 PM
    i kept my BB at night . It was 68 percent charged . i have data services turned OFF . only using 2g , Wifi and NFC turned off . screen minimum brightness. No notifications . but when i woke up in morning after 6 hours , battery was down to 48 percent .
    i hadnt got any notification or missed call or sms .

why did this happen ? why was there a drop in almost 20 percent without using the phone ?
    This is an issue for me and not only ,that makes me very sad....
    This is the only phone I ever had that has so many standby(airplane mode) drain...
    I Also have about 20% drain in airplane mode overnight...
    Unbelievable .....
    This phone has less than 2 day's battery juice without touching it ....in airplane mode only...
    If you leave any other phone out there with less battery mAh in airplane mode without touching it , will last about 20 days....and more
    Last edited by Naeg1995; 10-20-14 at 01:40 AM.
    10-20-14 12:19 AM
    BBOS version ?

Backup your phone with BlackBerry Link, do a Security Wipe, reboot your phone, configure your accounts, but do not add apps or restore your backup. Respect your battery by avoiding at all cost to charge it in small increment or use it while it's charging.

Use your phone as usual for the next 2 days minimum (time for him to settle, can be 1 weeks if there is a lot of accounts/emails/...).

Then, do your test by putting it in Bedtime mode for the night, and see if it's different.

If you had experience power off when you put it on a hard surface, don't forget to add a small piece of plastic at the bottom of your battery (better that behind the cover).

If the issue is still here, share with us screenshots of your Device Monitor "Since Last Charge".
    10-20-14 10:18 AM
    I had a battery drain of approx. 200min/14% last night with all services on (VPN+4G, BT, etc.), bedside mode on, Q10 in a holster, and a few notifications/emails.

Because of this thread, I put my device in airplane mode, bedside mode on, and in a holster to see what the drain could be and I got approx. 90min/5%. (SQN100-2/10.2.1.3252)

I would still check the device for anything out of the ordinary, but your experience of draining about 6hrs./20% seems to match mine.
    10-20-14 01:12 PM
    I had a battery drain of approx. 200min/14% last night with all services on (VPN+4G, BT, etc.), bedside mode on, Q10 in a holster, and a few notifications/emails.

Because of this thread, I put my device in airplane mode, bedside mode on, and in a holster to see what the drain could be and I got approx. 90min/5%. (SQN100-2/10.2.1.3252)

I would still check the device for anything out of the ordinary, but your experience of draining about 6hrs./20% seems to match mine.
    Do you think this is normal ?
    Its the first time(device) i have seen so big battery drain on airplane mode ....
    10-20-14 01:30 PM
    Do you think this is normal ?
    Its the first time(device) i have seen so big battery drain on airplane mode ....
    I don't believe it to be normal, but my device says otherwise.
    10-20-14 01:47 PM