I've had my q10 for 3 months, and within the last 2-3 weeks it's begun to overheat and the battery life is quickly declining. I'm not a huge user of the browser in that I don't stay on the browse for long periods at a time. The over heat actually seems to happen more when I've been texting for an extended period of time (?). I don't know how you guys are measuring the temp of your battery (although I'd like to find out), but I can tell you that both the front and back of the phone get HOT. So hot that it's uncomfortable to hold up to your face to speak on the phone. And the hotter the phone gets, the faster the battery drains. I can go from nearly full to red icon empty in 30 minutes. A battery pull only works for a day or two, then back to frying eggs on the screen. Of course, we have Verizon wireless, so I'm still on the stoneage 10.1, maybe that has something to do with it. Oh, and it seems to be fine while it's charging. Any ideas?
    03-13-14 03:12 PM
    Iam using q10 for a month now & didn't find it getting hotter

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 08:22 PM
    I've run the Z for a year, and the Q for about a week. It was warm while the OS and apps "settled in". I didn't even see much difference when the official OS update happened early this week. I have run leaks and official os updates, and would say the device is maturing very well. Your heating issues do sound like apps that are not shutting down when they should. They keep the cpu working, heating the device, and draining the battery. Hope this helps

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:47 PM
    My phone overheats as well when I use Skype. I only open when I need to and exit the app when I don't need it. When I do voice I used my the headset that comes with the Q as it can get uncomfortably hot in my ear. But when I do normal calls it don't get that hot

via Q10
    03-14-14 01:16 AM
    My Q10 is housed in an Incipio Feather Case but every time I have it naked it doesn't overheat. I bet it's an android app causing that or FaceBook.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-14-14 01:53 AM
    My Q10 started getting really hot recently, it would suddenly get hot then cool down with no change of use, and couldn't figured out why... that is until I dropped it and the battery came out. when I picked it up I noticed it wasn't flat on the broad sides there's a hump... seems like the battery is swollen or something... anyone else had this problem... wanna know if I should waste money replacing the battery or the phone??

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 08:24 PM
31 12