Does ur Q10 get hot when using your phone? Also when charging it is heating up. Since its the first week using it, do you think it'll be an eventual problem in the future? I don't abuse the phone either, just some facebook texts emails like you would do on any phone, but the backcover tends to get hot and I can already imagine making long phone calls and having a burning phone on your hand

Should we get worried? Or am I the only one with that problem? How do u fix this

Posted via CB10
    sdevins likes this.
    05-07-13 11:45 AM
    I use my Q10 alot and I do not experience over-heating, even if it's charging.

Maybe you got a faulty one? Sometimes there is one out of a batch that might be faulty.

Try taking out the batter for a few minutes, put it back in, and see what happens. If it continues to over-heat, It could either be an APP or just the phone. Try returning it and getting a new one.
    05-07-13 11:54 AM
    Its been a week now and heating problem just faded away.. don't worry it goes by it self
    05-07-13 12:24 PM
    05-07-13 12:27 PM
    Mine gets hot when charging but that's pretty much

Warm at best when talking for 10 minutes or longer

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 12:37 PM
    Been using mine for 3 days now. It gets warm when over used, and I realized it mostly happened when I went out and it was on 4G and not on my home wifi anymore
    Last edited by jayjahed; 05-18-13 at 10:33 PM.
    05-18-13 09:04 AM
    My Q10 doesn't get nearly as warm as my Z10, unless I start using Mobile Hotspot and start streaming a video or something. But, typically, my Q10 rarely gets that warm.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-13 03:17 PM
    That issue disappears after a week or so. I had the problem on both devices.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10
    05-21-13 12:42 AM
    I had this found the culprit to be SKYPE both times.

The GPS is also sometimes a trigger

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 01:44 AM
    That issue disappears after a week or so. I had the problem on both devices.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10 or my Z10

Same For Me Here.
    05-21-13 02:09 AM
    it does on mine, only when I'm in 4G.
    05-21-13 03:17 AM

Same For Me Here.
    Ah, good. So i wait ..
    05-22-13 12:01 AM
    Mine only heats up when I am on the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 03:14 AM
    I have a similar experience. Doesn't heat up like z10. Battery life much better on q10.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:35 AM
    According to batterylover.. my battery temp reaches around 37degrees Celcius ...That's the highest i have seen .. Is that supposed to be normal?
    05-23-13 02:59 AM
    So anyone else having troubles with their q10 battery? I have a oem bb soft shell casing with my q10. Not sure if the casing itself would be the reason for the batter to get very hot..

Any ideas?
    05-30-13 02:48 AM
    Does your battery temp reaches like 37degrees?
    05-30-13 09:24 AM
    Mine reaches 40 when used on 4G and I am outside in scorching weather (I live in Dubai)
    But I somewhat feel it's getting hot much less than the first week I had it, as noted in this thread. Will keep you updated

Posted via CB10
    05-31-13 03:27 AM
    Hi,

Mine started out with the overheating. Then I caught it randomly rebooting....then...my screen went blank. Luckily I was within the first few weeks. I'm sending it back and I have a new one. Unfortunately, the new phone is heating up. as well. Nothing added to the phone. I shutdown the bluetooth...just in case. seems to be fine for now but still heats up. I can't take a chance...I'm going to exchange for an iphone. I love the q10...but I have friends that have the same problem. swelling batteries, reboots. The crappy Evernote app I can live without...but this is the last straw. sorry Rim.
    07-10-13 02:53 PM
    Hi,

Mine started out with the overheating. Then I caught it randomly rebooting....then...my screen went blank. Luckily I was within the first few weeks. I'm sending it back and I have a new one. Unfortunately, the new phone is heating up. as well. Nothing added to the phone. I shutdown the bluetooth...just in case. seems to be fine for now but still heats up. I can't take a chance...I'm going to exchange for an iphone. I love the q10...but I have friends that have the same problem. swelling batteries, reboots. The crappy Evernote app I can live without...but this is the last straw. sorry Rim.
    I think you might be overreacting. The phone gets hot during the first week because the CPU is adjusting to the way you use your phone. Same with the battery life seeming like "crap" and then a week later people use it with one charge every 1.5 days. Seriously, it's not already accustomed to the way you want to use it, you have to let it get used to you!

Other than that, this thread title is very misleading.
    07-10-13 03:25 PM
    Hi all.

I have an overheating problem with my Q10 as well and I've noticed that it's mostly when I'm using android-ported apps (Skype, for example, immediately heats up the battery. Today for example I opened the app and I could actually FEEL a pulse of what felt like hot air emanate from the side of the phone! No exaggeration!)
    07-11-13 02:41 PM
    Ive seen mine reaching 41c. It happens when i watch youtube for hours. But after closing the browser the temp just drops. If you put your phone to sleep the temp drops dramatically. I think its the processor thats heating the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:16 AM
    i have had my q10 for 2 months now and i find that at random times i find the device overheating. im trying to figure out if it is due to the android ported apps or some other theories im working on..all in all its a beautiful device with a terrible flaw...
    07-17-13 10:58 PM
    Does ur Q10 get hot when using your phone? Also when charging it is heating up. Since its the first week using it, do you think it'll be an eventual problem in the future? I don't abuse the phone either, just some facebook texts emails like you would do on any phone, but the backcover tends to get hot and I can already imagine making long phone calls and having a burning phone on your hand

Should we get worried? Or am I the only one with that problem? How do u fix this

Posted via CB10
    :

I purchased my Q10 from Tmobile just a month ago. It was overheating and the battery life very short. After lots of phone calls and troubleshooting, they finally sent me a new Q10 yesterday. Unfortunately, it's the same scenario, the phone is overheating when charging and sometimes when I'm just using it. And the battery life is still short. I must admit that I'm a very heavy user, but I know when a battery is not holding charge properly. No matter how someone use a phone, the battery shouldn't die in 2 hours in my opinion. Next step, I'll buy another battery just to make sure if I still have the same problem, I'll have to think about buying a different phone or an alternative (like carrying two phones as I've already been doing)...

Hopefully Blackberry will review the Q10. It's cool, and I love the flexibility of having a touch phone with a keyboard....
    I don't like the phone book because it's not easy to find contacts in search. But overall it's a step up...

I wish you good luck, as obviously you're not alone.
    07-31-13 11:50 AM
    Just got a Q10 an hour ago,

Setting up my email, and updating to 10.2.1, the phone feels exceptionally warm to touch.

I did read that the overheating goes away after a week, I really really hope that is the case.

Otherwise, I look forward to being a Blackberry user!
    03-12-14 08:49 PM
31 12