I am getting an error message when trying to synch my Outlook calendar and contact information. Consequently new appointments and contacts are not finding their way to the Q10. Anyone have any ideas? Very very annoying.
    06-05-13 10:51 AM
    I understand. I switched back to my Hotmail from Gmail. It works better now. Hotmail continues to support Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync

- Charles
    06-05-13 12:37 PM
    Charles -I am not sure how that would solve my problem. Perhaps I just don't understand well enough, but I don't use a Hotmail account.
    06-05-13 12:39 PM
    Charles -I am not sure how that would solve my problem. Perhaps I just don't understand well enough, but I don't use a Hotmail account.
    First, are you talking about the Outlook.com Web mail or your Microsoft Outlook Email Application?

Second, maybe you could tell us what error message you are getting
    06-05-13 01:07 PM
    If you are using the Outlook program on your PC, the sync to your PC was a one time, one way sync just to get your contacts on your phone. It has been suggested that BlackBerry is working on two way sync with desktops, but I don't know if it will happen.

The current thinking is to use an online service, such as Outlook.com to do the sync. There is an optional Outlook connector that will sync the Outlook MS Office program to the online Outlook.com account. Using that, any changes on your PC will get synced to the Outlook.com and this will then sync to your phone.
    06-05-13 01:31 PM
    Hi -thanks for this. I am talking about the Outlook MS program on my PC. I will take a look at the Outlook.com thing.

Obviously this sort of thing is annoying, since I use the phone as a business tool, not a toy. The ability to sync my calendar and contacts is kind of important.
    06-05-13 02:13 PM
    First, are you talking about the Outlook.com Web mail or your Microsoft Outlook Email Application?

Second, maybe you could tell us what error message you are getting
    "There was an unexpected error while importing the contacts/calendar"
    06-05-13 02:35 PM
    "There was an unexpected error while importing the contacts/calendar"
    Blackberry Boy: This is an ongoing problem that RIM is aware of and trying to fix. The problem is with the ability to "2-way sync" with "Link" software. Unlike the BBDM and the 7.1 and below devices, the didn't add the syncing ability with Outlook 2007/2010 (non exchange) stand alone programs that some 340 Million people world-wide use and depend on. Like you, I run my buisness on MS Office/Outlook and need the ability to sync via USB with the BB10 phones. So, what's happened is that they added the fix for an initial one-way sync (more like an export) of your outlook calendar and contacts, to your device via the LINK software. After that you will have to add both manually. RIM has stated in their blog that the 2-way sync for Outlook is on its way and will probably hit with the next Link software update and will be addressed in the newer OS versions as well. On 5/13/13 the news release was given that it was coming in a few weeks so hopefully it will. My Q10 won't be happening until the bug is fixed. If you need it now, there are some software programs that will do the syncing but cost some money. Companion Link is one of them that works well but costs between $40 and $50 USD. Hope this helps and you can google the blog news release if needed.
    06-05-13 03:29 PM
    A client of mine had similar problems. This was solved when her default email account was also set up on BB. All of a sudden, syncing worked.
    06-26-13 05:10 AM
    Agreed! Make sure your BlackBerry is set to the loink as the default sync. Otherwise ms outlook will not sync!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 08:15 AM
    Agreed! Make sure your BlackBerry is set to the loink as the default sync. Otherwise ms outlook will not sync!

Posted via CB10
    Could you please explain this particular 'fix'? I am trying to figure out where you set to the link as the default synch.

I've had the same problem. I also use the BBRY as a tool for business and not a toy. The failure to synch has literally cost me several thousands of ����. Disappointed, frustrated, angry.
    07-20-13 05:42 AM
    Could you please explain this particular 'fix'? I am trying to figure out where you set to the link as the default synch.

I've had the same problem. I also use the BBRY as a tool for business and not a toy. The failure to synch has literally cost me several thousands of ����. Disappointed, frustrated, angry.
    Settings>accounts>default>calendar>
    blackberry link

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 10:09 AM
    A client of mine had similar problems. This was solved when her default email account was also set up on BB. All of a sudden, syncing worked.
    Agreed make sure your defaults are set correctly.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-13 10:11 AM
    Agreed make sure your defaults are set correctly.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps I've misunderstood but I cant find these options on BBRY Link. Am I looking in the wrong place? I click on the settings icon and the Account shown is MS Outlook. Any ideas?
    07-21-13 05:47 AM