well since this morning it seems like a lot of the hype has fallen short for the Q10. from my eyes its seems like many US user are quite cantankerous about the April release date and the overall design of the phone. I am not here to debate anyone's reasoning for how they feel, i just wanted to share my thoughts. overall i'm STILL STOKED for the Q10. let me be completely honest and saying i hate waiting lol. the April date did sting a bit, but they say patience is a virtue. now i don't know the exact price, but if the Q10 comes out between $149-$199 i certaninly wont be complaining about that. i have brothers and sisters who paid 300 plus for an iPhone and it seems like all they did was add "retinal display" at the rumored price i will feel like i have already made out better than them. ok now for the design, i have no complaints. i mean how many people are complementing full keyboard phones except maybe fashion divas. a good percent of US cell phone users have touch screen phones and at the rate that most of us have our phones up to our ears or covered in our hands do you really care about what someone else thinks about the design of your phone. besides isn't this phone supposed to be about the internal workings, which right now still sit better then any phone i see on the market right now. before anyone tries to slay me please understand i am very optimistic about the Q10. we are off to a slow start but even slow starters are still strong runners. so please share with me your opinions. i mean i do have to kill time until April.
    EsJayDee and bizarrejustin like this.
    01-30-13 04:21 PM
    I was sure, that I want a physical keyboard, so I will wait for the QWERTY device. But after today's presentation I am not so sure any more...

This new system is really designed for the bigger screen. I am afraid, that Q10 will not be good enough. And I really like the swiping on the Z10 keyboard - to switch to symbols or to delete whole words - this is something we won't be able to do on Q10. Not mentioning games, but this is less of a problem for me - I will play on Playbook

What is still attracting me to Q10 is the fact, that I am using my BB a lot as a remote control for my PB, which is hooked via HDMI to the big screen. I often use it for Internet browsing and my BB's keyboard is perfect for all this. I am not sure if it will be the same on all-touch device.

I wonder if BB Bridge will change on BB10...
    01-30-13 06:30 PM
    Dream phone. More appealing than I had anticipated. And it has a delete key! (apparently selecting/deleting several emails at once is cumbersome on the Z10) I was doubting before. Now I know I'll wait for the Q.
    01-30-13 06:34 PM
    I was sure, that I want a physical keyboard, so I will wait for the QWERTY device. But after today's presentation I am not so sure any more... <snip> And I really like the swiping on the Z10 keyboard - to switch to symbols or to delete whole words - this is something we won't be able to do on Q10.
    Presentation was a little dry, sure. I think the crowd came to listen--not to celebrate--and that threw the presenters. Look at the pictures and videos here and on Engaget--you'll get your enthusiasm back.

Symbols? We've got an alt key. Fancy deleting? Text completion? Neat features to be sure, but watch me walk and "talk."
    01-30-13 06:40 PM
    They can't possibly Q10 now because devs haven't received their Dev Alpha Cs. Without apps, Q10 is pretty much stock apps only.
    01-30-13 06:42 PM
    I hope the BB10 physical keyboards will still have the same (or better) shortcut functionality - that's the main reason I like the physical keyboard on my 9900
    01-30-13 07:32 PM
    The swiping up on the z10 is neat and all. But I just cant wait to get the Q10. Them physical keys under my thumbs oh man. Think I'm bit to excited. Is the Q10 release in Canada also april?
    01-30-13 07:41 PM
    They can't possibly Q10 now because devs haven't received their Dev Alpha Cs. Without apps, Q10 is pretty much stock apps only.
    I don't think apps will matter as much for this particular model. A lot of the people that will buy the Q10 will buy it primarily for the keyboard above all else. In that regard, there aren't many alternatives out there...
    01-30-13 07:44 PM
    I love the device! I found it funny how all the people who said the 99xx was so perfect hate this design!? Its the same design but way better and with the larger battery it will be my work horse. As long as whatsapp is on it I don't use many other apps so i'm good
    Last edited by motor96; 01-30-13 at 08:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    01-30-13 08:20 PM
    I was all for the z10 but I've now changed my mind. Seeing the Q10 in all its glory on the stage last night as well as the Engadget hands-on preview made me realise that I'm a candy bar QWERTY kinda guy. And besides, like one other forum member pointed out, if you spend most of your time typing on your phone then you get more screen real estate on the Q10 anyway.
    01-31-13 03:21 AM
    I don't like the idea of having the physical keyboard on a BB like they have done with the Q10. Losing a whole 1.1" of the screen just doesn't go over well because that means you now have to read your emails and view your websites/BB Apps site on much smaller screen. I think people should seriously give the Z10 a try, according to RIM they have made the keyboard so that people with fat fingers can us it which I am sure will win a lot of keyboard users over to it so they can get more screen and less clutter.
    01-31-13 03:42 AM
    I've stuck with this platform since 2006 and up to this point, never owned a Bold. I'm giving this one a shot before I possibly switch to full touch.
    01-31-13 04:24 AM
    It is tempting to see what the new curve equivalents are like
    01-31-13 04:59 AM
    After the big release I must admit I'm torn. Maybe its a good thing the phones are available in the US now. I love the keyboard on my 9900, but T-Mobile is only going to have the Z10 so I may end up with that.
    01-31-13 07:53 AM
    Chipclip, I agree with you. I will buy the Q10 once it's available. Been waiting for a suitable device to replace my beloved 9700, which is getting old.

I wrote an analysis text regarding BlackBerry, I'd be happy to have your opinion.

http://www.pickel.co.il/in_depth.html

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    02-02-13 09:21 AM
    It is tempting to see what the new curve equivalents are like
    What could be better about the Curve?
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-02-13 at 10:47 AM.
    02-02-13 10:25 AM
    Here is my opinion.....

The Q10 is the "real Blackberry". Just watch when the reviews come trickling in. When the iPad Mini was released, critics proclaimed "this is the REAL iPad".

Why do I feel this?

Because Qwerty is RIMs specialty. This new one is a beauty. It has a bigger battery. Fantastic screen. And an oh so nice new shiny OS. All big improvements over the old 9900. This phone is a proper evolution, and the 9900 owners will flock to it.

The Z10 is a fantastic effort for a ground up design. But of what purpose is the bigger screen when the app selection, the maps are still a work in progress. The smart money is on a Q10, at this point.

Now that RIM has something to reference too when designing the next iteration, the Z10 will need an evolution or two before it becomes "truly great". Look at iphone and Galaxy as they are in their 3, 4, 5, and 6th generations and are outstanding phones.

Not to take anything away from RIM, the Z10 is a great phone for their first effort, but it will need to be tweaked further to be truly outstanding, as it inevitably will.

For my money though, at the moment, I'm taking a Q10.
    Bbnivende, revtech and craiggger like this.
    02-02-13 10:31 AM
    Could someone talk me through how it works without a track pad please?
    02-02-13 11:24 AM
    Could someone talk me through how it works without a track pad please?
    type "Q10 engadget" into google and watch the video.
    02-02-13 11:33 AM
    I have a 9900 and the Q10 will be the perfect phone for me. After graduating from a Torch 9800 with two days of battery life to the Bold 9900 with a terrible battery (I was forced to purchase a spare battery), I can't wait to be able to go a whole day without worrying about my phone dying. I'm glad they made it slightly bigger than the 9900 so they can accommodate a more comfortable keyboard (as good as the 9900 keyboard is) and that new battery. I also can't do without the ability to text in school underneath my desk not having to look at the keyboard. And to top it all off, the Q10 will have the new lightning fast operating system that I can brag to all of my friends about, forcing them to get a Z10 so I will have more friends on BBM. Can't wait until it comes out for AT&T (whenever that will be...)!
    02-02-13 11:43 AM
    Wow. That's as clear as mud to an old fella like me
    02-02-13 11:49 AM
    I'm stoked about the Q10. I recently broke my gs3 and am back on the 9900 for now. I decided I'm not gonna replace the gs3 and just use this until the Q10 is released. Physical keys are way better than virtual keys. The only downfall to the 9900 that makes it suffer, is the youtube quality and the browser compared to chrome.
    02-02-13 11:52 AM
    I'm looking forward to trying BB10 out on that qwerty keyboard that BlackBerry does so well. I wonder how much the Q10 is going to be off contract.
    02-05-13 05:39 PM
    I own a 9900 so I was most curious to see the Z10 in person. The Z10 (IMHO) is the best design of all the touch phones. It has a classic feel and look - as if it has always been there. It feels great in your hand and not too big or small. I don't think the OS will be hard to learn and I found it to be very responsive to the touch. The design of the Z10 is far superior to the 9900. It feels like one solid block whereas the 9900 feels like the sum of its parts.

BUT

I was underwhelmed by the quality of the screen. I find my 9900 to be as sharp and perhaps even more vivid than the Z10 I tried. When you look at a web site on any phone ( except possibly the largest Samsungs) you have to "expand the screen"so that the font is legible. Taking one site (NHL) in a full view mode I found the 9900 was just as good on my phone as the Z10. That is not to say that the whole OS is better than BB7 , I am sure it is but I see no need to ditch the 9900 just yet to browse the internet. On the spec sheet the Z10 should have a better image than the 9900 so my very subjective test under less than optimum conditions may be out to lunch.

I did try the keyboard - I can barely type on my 9900 - so I was pretty useless on the Z10.

Now, I think that the Q10 has an Amoled screen with more PPI than the 9900 so I am pretty sure that my next phone will be the Q10. After trying out the Z10 ... I think I can wait until my contract is up.
    02-05-13 06:11 PM
    I LOVE how the Q10 looks, great design! I like it better than the Z10. Looking forward to trying both out.
    02-05-13 10:34 PM
35 12