So here I am, the Q10 in front of me. I discovered I'd forgotten quite a bit about how to set things up, and some things have changed (calendar and contacts setup) since I sold my Z10. The phone came with 10.2.1.2156 installed, so I'm going to go with that until I get things set up, then think about installing something else.

I'm experiencing a bit of screen shock, after the S4, but not too much. Everything feels nice and fluid. The next step will be finding apps in BB World and installing them. Then Snap...
    04-17-14 07:25 PM
    ....go on......!!!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using CB Forums
    04-17-14 07:26 PM
    I'll be doing the same on Saturday...lol

BERRYNOID likes this.
    04-17-14 07:27 PM
    How do you like that keyboard. Came from 5s and don't know if I could go back to the 5s because I love this keyboard so much.

One thing I do miss it the apps however I notice I don't go on my phone to just go on my phone. I use it as it is intended for. Communications.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    04-17-14 07:30 PM
    I recently switched from the z30 to the Q10. The z30 is sitting on my desk collecting dust. There's just something about the physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Same here

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-17-14 08:53 PM
    First post from the Q10! Using Tapatalk via Snap. I installed about a dozen apps from BB World that I had before, and another dozen from Google Play that I had on my S4. Most everything I wanted is working, so I'm officially impressed.

It's time taking me a while to get used to the keyboard -- or really using the word prediction with the keyboard. But I'm getting faster all the time.

Is there any way to get rid of the "BlackBerry Hub" banner in the hub? Seems like a waste of space.

I like being able to press the delete key to delete an email I'm finished reading.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    9of13 likes this.
    04-17-14 09:32 PM
    First post from the Q10! Using Tapatalk via Snap. I installed about a dozen apps from BB World that I had before, and another dozen from Google Play that I had on my S4. Most everything I wanted is working, so I'm officially impressed.

It's time taking me a while to get used to the keyboard -- or really using the word prediction with the keyboard. But I'm getting faster all the time.

Is there any way to get rid of the "BlackBerry Hub" banner in the hub? Seems like a waste of space.

I like being able to press the delete key to delete an email I'm finished reading.

The "BlackBerry Hub" banner isn't really a waste of space. If you tap it, it brings you to your email folders (draft, inbox, sent, etc) for every account. Now here's a neat trick, when you first enter the hub, if you pinch like if you were zooming out in a pic, it filters your messages. It shows by default only new unread messages. This option can be changed. I have mine filtered for flagged messages. To return to the normal hub, pinch as if you were zooming in on a pic.
    There's so many options in this OS. I've had mine about a month and I'm still learning things. In the forums under the sticky "BB10 tips and tricks, there are posts on the many things we've all discovered what it can do.

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-18-14 01:24 AM
    Reading everything on this thread is like listening to my favorite music. :-)
    Love the Q10 so much.

Edward | Q10
    04-18-14 04:10 AM
    I have a little eyestrain this morning but I don't think that's due to the screen size. It's just from hours of fiddling last night. Same thing happened when I got the S4.

Now for first full day of my Q10 immersion experiment.

04-18-14 08:14 AM
    One more day and counting till I get my 3rd q10

04-18-14 10:01 AM
    I guess I should ask this elsewhere but.. isn't there a way to not have phone calls show in the hub? Hub Management seems to have an option for that but it takes me to Visual Voicemail instead, which I don't want to remove. Tapping the actual Visual Voicemail tab does nothing.

BERRYNOID likes this.
    04-18-14 12:06 PM
    I have mine set up to show calls in a separate account.
    Accessible option through the Hub Management.
    You're not seeing that as a option on the device?
    04-18-14 06:06 PM
    No, I can't do that because I only get Visual Voicemail options when I try to set Calls. Something is broken.

04-18-14 07:21 PM
    In the Hub, Settings, Hub Management, Calls, then choose 'Show in separate account'. Do you see those options/settings?
    04-18-14 10:51 PM
    I just read this whole thread at once, with a big grin on my face, remembering my original delight as I discovered everything BB10, and especially the Q10, could do.

When I got my Q10 last summer, it came with 10.1 (Verizon) which I used happily for several months before finally installing 10.2.1 via Sachesi. By the time Verizon offered their own update, I'd already updated to something newer. I still feel the thrill of a "new toy" every time I pick this thing up. I've never had the double-typing issue on the keyboard (knock on wood) and I get fantastic battery life.

Congrats to all of you who are either going back to the Q10 or getting one for the first time. I love this phone! :-)

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, OS 10.2.1.2234
    04-19-14 12:42 AM

For what I do, the Q10 is an amazing device.

Now give me that Q30!

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Agree. Got my Q10 the first week they were available. I still love and using "leaks" instead of waiting on ATT made it even better. Can't wait for the Q30 or whatever iteration of the next BB10 qwerty device comes down the pipeline.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 12:55 AM
    In the Hub, Settings, Hub Management, Calls, then choose 'Show in separate account'. Do you see those options/settings?
    Nope, not there for Calls, because Calls somehow got linked to the settings for Visual Voicemail. It may be a snafu in 10.2.1.2228.

04-19-14 05:42 AM
    Things are going well, for the most part. I've started rebuilding my auto-text lexicon, which is working well. It didn't work so well on the Z10 because it requires accuracy. The Z10 keyboard works best if you don't try to be accurate, but just trust the software. But accuracy is no problem on the Q10, so it's easy to combine auto-text with BB10 word prediction.
    there are some small annoyances. Between the BlackBerry Hub banner at the top and the action bar at the bottom, the email text window is absurdly small. Furthermore, the action bar is unneeded, since there are keyboard shortcuts for Reply and Forward. They could add another for Reply All and give us the option to remove it. The BlackBerry Hub banner could also be replaced by a shortcut (optionally).

The clarity and volume of the sound this little gadget puts out is amazing. The call clarity puts my S4 to shame.

I've already bought a couple of apps, doing my part to stimulate the app economy. And of course I've installed some that I bought for the Z10.

So far, so good.

04-19-14 08:34 PM
    Nicely done. What apps? (being nosy).

I'm still using my Q10, and I'm getting more and more used to it
    04-19-14 09:11 PM
    Apps purchased from BB World: Profile Changer, BPod, BeWeatherPro. I had BPod before but it was beta then, so I bought the upgrade.

I also have BeMapsPro, GNewsReader, YouVersion and Check. From Snap I have Words With Friends, Secret Server, Tapatalk, TripAdvisor and Waze.

anon(153966) likes this.
    04-20-14 06:04 AM
    The keyboard is really what makes the Q10 the phone to own. I've also noticed voice control and dictation much improved since the install of 10.2xx from ATT.

My wife still has the last Samsung Android that was made with a slider-keyboard. The sideways slide actually gives her a better keyboard than the Q10, but her phone is 2.5 years old.

You'll have a little "getting-to-know-you period," but you will love it.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 07:39 AM
    I decided to try to install one of the newer OS versions last night. First, I installed Link and did a backup. I was pleasantly surprised at how well that went, compared to my previous experience with the Z10. The only thing that still didn't work was getting Link to sign into my BB ID. That never worked in the past either. But as far as I know it's only necessary for remote file access, not for backup and restore operations.

I tried a nondestructive OS install with Sachesi but that failed too.

So, it'll have to be autoloader and restore with Link. I haven't done it yet. I'm a little hesitant, after some bad experiences last year.

04-21-14 08:36 AM
    I haven't tinkered with leaks since switching to BB10. Mostly because I no longer have a working PC. But after my carrier-Sprint-finally released 10.2.1 I haven't had the need nor want to install a "newer" leak. My Q has been great! In the past thought, installing leaks wasn't a major problem for me once I knew how. And I know BBOS is different from BB10. The last leak I installed was BB6 onto my Bold9700 (which took up so much storage space).

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-21-14 11:25 PM
    I'd installed a leaked OS about two weeks ago.

I woke up this morning to having an OS automatically installed by AT&T

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 05:49 AM
    I'd installed a leaked OS about two weeks ago.

I woke up this morning to having an OS automatically installed by AT&T

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.2273

Posted via CB10
    I have 10.2.1.2228, but I have .2273 ready to go. I'm not sure if there will be much difference. I'm going to try the Sachesi method on my office PC and see if I have better luck.
    04-22-14 08:13 AM
102 1234 ...