I have 10.2.1.2228, but I have .2273 ready to go. I'm not sure if there will be much difference. I'm going to try the Sachesi method on my office PC and see if I have better luck.
    You should load the 2947 it's a great leak and there is also some radios to swap out if your battery isn't very good.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=918891

Posted on CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-22-14 11:00 PM
    True, I've been running 2947 with the 2235 radio as it comes and it's been super smoooooooth and fast., also side loaded the 10.3 browser, Snap and such and everything just works, even wi-fi calling....

T-Mobile Q10 / SQN100-5
    04-23-14 07:15 AM
    True, I've been running 2947 with the 2235 radio as it comes and it's been super smoooooooth and fast., also side loaded the 10.3 browser, Snap and such and everything just works, even wi-fi calling....

T-Mobile Q10 / SQN100-5
    Let's see how I get on with .2674 and then I'll give this a try.

I want to see if one of these OSes will give me the ability to hide phone calls from the Hub. I can't do it on .2228.

Update: I still can't hide phone calls from the Hub.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 04-23-14 at 08:25 AM.
    04-23-14 07:27 AM
    Let's see how I get on with .2674 and then I'll give this a try.

I want to see if one of these OSes will give me the ability to hide phone calls from the Hub. I can't do it on .2228.

Update: I still can't hide phone calls from the Hub.
    What you want to do is not OS specific as in, a particular build can do it. All 10.2.1 can give you a way to hide calls from hub(well, sorta). Here's what you do:
    Go into Hub
    Click the three dots on the bottom right then select settings
    Click Hub Management
    Scroll down then click Calls
    Select "Show in separate account"

You can keep loading OS' and not find what you're looking for specifically, or you can just not show calls in the main hub screen.

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-23-14 08:37 AM
    What you want to do is not OS specific as in, a particular build can do it. All 10.2.1 can give you a way to hide calls from hub(well, sorta). Here's what you do:
    Go into Hub
    Click the three dots on the bottom right then select settings
    Click Hub Management
    Scroll down then click Calls
    Select "Show in separate account"

You can keep loading OS' and not find what you're looking for specifically, or you can just not show calls in the main hub screen.
    Yes, that's what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't. I thought it might be a glitch in the .2228 build, but apparently not. When I do what you've described, and click "Calls", I get the options for Visual Voicemail, not Calls. If I click "Visual Voicemail" from that same screen, nothing happens. Somehow, the Visual Voicemail app has taken over the link to Calls. I'm not sure if this is a T-Mobile-specific app misbehaving.
    04-23-14 08:42 AM
    Yes, that's what is supposed to happen, but it doesn't. I thought it might be a glitch in the .2228 build, but apparently not. When I do what you've described, and click "Calls", I get the options for Visual Voicemail, not Calls. If I click "Visual Voicemail" from that same screen, nothing happens. Somehow, the Visual Voicemail app has taken over the link to Calls. I'm not sure if this is a T-Mobile-specific app misbehaving.
    Oooooooohhhh kay
    See, I'm on sprint and it works like you would want it too since I've haven had VVM since my Style 9670. It just might be a carrier specific thing. Have you tried looking in the "T-Mobile"-specific forum here on CB?

Post by 9of13's Q
    04-23-14 08:45 AM
    Oooooooohhhh kay
    See, I'm on sprint and it works like you would want it too since I've haven had VVM since my Style 9670. It just might be a carrier specific thing. Have you tried looking in the "T-Mobile"-specific forum here on CB?

Post by 9of13's Q
    I'll check that out.

On an unrelated issue: As I recall, as of last summer there was no way to truly delete Gmail. That is, deleting it on BB10 only archives it on the Gmail server; it doesn't send it to Trash, despite saying in Settings that it should do so. As I now experiment with email deletion, it appears to me that this problem is still unsolved, and searching the forums doesn't turn up any solution, other than the workaround to file email to Trash.
    04-23-14 08:56 AM
    I'll check that out.

On an unrelated issue: As I recall, as of last summer there was no way to truly delete Gmail. That is, deleting it on BB10 only archives it on the Gmail server; it doesn't send it to Trash, despite saying in Settings that it should do so. As I now experiment with email deletion, it appears to me that this problem is still unsolved, and searching the forums doesn't turn up any solution, other than the workaround to file email to Trash.
    The delete option of GMAIL is a main reason I switched to Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:53 PM
    The delete option of GMAIL is a main reason I switched to Outlook.com.

Posted via CB10
    I considered doing just that when I had the Z10, and I may yet do it.
    04-23-14 01:58 PM
    So, as of today it's one week with the Q10, and no backsliding to the S4. Maybe this thread should be renamed "Q10 ongoing adventure".

Everything is going well. I'm slowly rebuilding my Word Sub lexicon--close to 100 entries now. But I'm really finding that the keyboard-prediction hybrid works better for me than the flicking system on the Z10 did, and I did have the Z10 for five months, so I was used to it. I doubt I'm faster than when using Swype, but I'm somewhat more accurate. But Swype has one feature I miss: After you type a word, you can return to it (backspace or tap) and swipe up on the shift key to get capitalization options. So if I typed "word", I'd get Word, word, and WORD. I found this to be very handy, instead of having to capitalize a word by positioning at the first letter.

I also miss the Shush! app on Android, which doesn't quite work on the Q10. I mentioned it before, I know. The BB10 Profile Changer app does something similar, but not as well (Of course, Profile Changer does a lot more things that Shush! doesn't do, but I'm just interested in this one simple function). The beauty of Shush! is that when you mute the (Android) phone or put it on Vibrate, it automatically triggers the app, and you get a screen asking how long you want to mute it. You can choose a duration in 15 minute increments, up to 12 hours, click the button and you're done. The phone reverts to Normal when the time has elapsed. I asked the developer to consider writing a BB10 version but he's not into it. I'm thinking of trying to write it myself.

I've been using the BPod app for podcasts, and that has been working well, so I don't miss PodKicker from Android.

I'd really like to have some control over the font sizes in email. The subject, sender, and text fields seem to be locked to sizes relative to each other; it would be good to be able to control those.

The only time I find myself unhappy with the screen size is when I'm browsing and need to do a lot of zooming and scrolling to find things. But frankly, this isn't something I do very much of. I read a number of blogs, but GNewsReader works well for those, and for a lot of other things I just share to ReadItNow to view nicely formatted. Better than Reader mode. Would I like a bigger screen, such as what we may see on the Q20? Yes, no doubt about it. I have big hands, and the S4 was no problem for me, so a larger Q device would work for me.
    anon721037 and revtech like this.
    04-24-14 11:36 AM
    I teach at a small university. At the start of a class I set the Q10 to mute for an hour and remind my students to do the same.

Yesterday, as we went through this ritual one student asked, "Hey, did you get a BlackBerry?" I was surprised that anyone was paying attention to my phone, but of course I answered. They wanted to see it. So I did a short demo and a number of them were very interested. They said they mostly used their phones for email and texting, and were very interested in the keyboard. For them, the keyboard was the innovation, not the OS. Strange experience.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    04-26-14 05:10 PM
    So, as of today it's one week with the Q10, and no backsliding to the S4. Maybe this thread should be renamed "Q10 ongoing adventure".
    Done.
    04-26-14 05:57 PM
    I got an email from one of the students from my class on Friday, who saw my brief demo of the Q10. He said he was in the market for a new phone and was interested in the Q10 keyboard. I told him I'd let him try it out tomorrow.

I'll update after that happens.

revtech likes this.
    04-27-14 07:00 PM
    I got an email from one of the students from my class on Friday, who saw my brief demo of the Q10. He said he was in the market for a new phone and was interested in the Q10 keyboard. I told him I'd let him try it out tomorrow.

Quoting myself to continue the anecdote...

The student tried the Q10 today. He liked the keyboard, but he really liked the gesture-based interface and the Hub. He said he didn't think BlackBerry had anything like this.

Once again, other students got into the conversation--they'll do anything to distract me from lecturing. The general trend of what they were saying was they thought of BlackBerrys as corporate phones with everything locked down.

It was only a few years ago that I'd see a small but not negligible number of students with BlackBerrys, but this current crop haven't formed their ideas from actually using BlackBerry phones, so I'm guessing they are repeating things they've heard their parents say.

I don't know if the physical keyboard really has a future with this demographic, but it might. Surprisingly few people lamented the small screen. Many said it didn't matter, because all they do is email, text, Facebook, Instagram.
    04-28-14 11:52 AM

Quoting myself to continue the anecdote...

The student tried the Q10 today. He liked the keyboard, but he really liked the gesture-based interface and the Hub. He said he didn't think BlackBerry had anything like this.

Once again, other students got into the conversation--they'll do anything to distract me from lecturing. The general trend of what they were saying was they thought of BlackBerrys as corporate phones with everything locked down.

It was only a few years ago that I'd see a small but not negligible number of students with BlackBerrys, but this current crop haven't formed their ideas from actually using BlackBerry phones, so I'm guessing they are repeating things they've heard their parents say.

I don't know if the physical keyboard really has a future with this demographic, but it might. Surprisingly few people lamented the small screen. Many said it didn't matter, because all they do is email, text, Facebook, Instagram.
    04-28-14 11:52 AM
    What?! You mean they couldn't discern these things from the super bowl commercial which so clearly presented the new BB?
    (wink wink)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-28-14 12:18 PM
    I just posted in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...phones-927387/, which got me thinking about the Q10 screen. I have to wonder whether BlackBerry shot itself in the foot with the 1:1 screen.
    04-29-14 11:58 AM
    As part of my return to BlackBerry, today I started making the move from Gmail/Google to Outlook. I've had an outlook.com email account for a long time, but I haven't used it much. From the standpoint of BlackBerry use, however, it just makes sense. With ActiveSync and proper handling of deleted mail, there's just no reason to deal with Gmail's quirks.

So today I did a couple of things. First, I exported my Google Calendar to Outlook and switched the calendars on my Q10. That was easy. Then I started logging onto various online accounts and changing the registered email address, including my BB ID account. That'll take some time, but at least I made a start. I haven't yet sent out notifications to contacts or set up forwarding, so I'm still using Gmail, but I've set up the Outlook.com account on my Q10. I have an Evernote entry where I record what I've done, so I can keep track of it.

I've actually been wanting to do this for some time. I have no illusions about privacy or security. For probably irrational reasons, I've been inclined to pull back from Google, and this gives me a good excuse to do it. Even if I go back to Android, it won't matter. I don't use the Gmail app anyway; I use AquaMail, which handles Outlook.com mail as well as it handles Gmail.

The next step will be to finish the email transition and put the S4 on eBay!
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-29-14 05:45 PM
    I will admit, Outlook.com seems to just work, and no matter the OS of choice.
    ubizmo, zocster and rayporsche like this.
    04-30-14 09:20 AM
    Q10 is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 04:17 AM
    I will admit, Outlook.com seems to just work, and no matter the OS of choice.
    When I first switched over, the initial sync clobbered my battery and I was worried that for some reason this would become a chronic worry. Even well into the evening the battery was just draining like crazy. But today it has settled down and battery performance is the same as it was with Gmail and Google Calendar.
    05-01-14 12:19 PM
    When I first switched over, the initial sync clobbered my battery and I was worried that for some reason this would become a chronic worry. Even well into the evening the battery was just draining like crazy. But today it has settled down and battery performance is the same as it was with Gmail and Google Calendar.
    Well that was weird. Glad it is back to normal.
    05-01-14 09:34 PM
    I actually just started using my outlook email address as well. Seems to work easier than gmail along with the calendar. Each time I use the Q10 I love it more and more.

Posted via CB10
    Ragbert likes this.
    05-01-14 10:09 PM
    I actually just started using my outlook email address as well. Seems to work easier than gmail along with the calendar. Each time I use the Q10 I love it more and more.

Posted via CB10
    The only thing I don't like about the Outlook email system is, there's no way to set the Outlook.com web app to open mailto: links in the browser. This can be done with Gmail, somehow, but not Outlook. The only way to do it is to install the Windows Live Mail client and associate that with mailto: links. Even in the Outlook.com web app, if there's an email link in the body of an email, if you click on it it won't create a new email in the web app.

This, of course, has nothing to do with BlackBerry. As a general thing, I like the Outlook.com web app better than the Gmail web app, and Outlook mail definitely works better on my Q10, so I'm pleased with the switch.

As for the initial battery drain, I imported all my Gmail into Outlook, so when the Q10 did its initial sync, it involved several thousand messages. I even imported the Gmail trash folder, which in hindsight was a stupid thing to do. It took several hours of the Q10 grinding away in the background before I got a message that the sync was complete.
    05-02-14 07:58 AM
    Keeping it real.... I listed my S4 on eBay.
    So I'm back in BB10 without a safety net.
    05-02-14 01:24 PM
102 12345