Hey Guys n Gals!

Ofcourse, we all love Blackberry 10 and especially the Q10.
    But then, are there some major short comings which is actually making me, a true blue Blackberry fan, not fall in love with this device head over heals?
    Why is it that, even after using a Z10 and Q10 for a long time, still cant part with the trusted 9780 from the right hand?
    Why is the 9780 being given more time and clicks and smiles in front of an idle sitting Q10?
    Why should I feel lost without the BOLD?

WHY? WHY?? WHY???

I feel that the true clue classical user of a Blackberry is yet not comfortable with the way Blackberry 10 works.
    In fact, there would have been lots of tuning up and nifty useful touches which could have been added into the Blackberry 10 OS which could have made the Blackberry user smile wide while doing his everyday tasks on it.

Do you feel the same way?

I miss;
    1. Homescreen shortcuts
    2. Contact-Text-Email shortcut from the menu in phone log.
    3. Stand alone SMS inbox management/Menu.
    4. Feature filled Music Player.
    5. Separate Voice recorder.
    6. Camera key.
    7. SHIFT select/Copy/Paste
    8. Classical old Symbols/smiley format while typing.
    9. Network on/off from homescreen
    10. Classical old Speed dials

Yeah. All small and nothing major.
    But on an everyday use, these were one of the major reasons not to use an Android or an iPhone. Atleast an option to switch these features on/off would have been great.
    By omitting these classical strengths of a BB, whats left for people like me.... other than a 3 year old BOLD??

Voice out!
    Let us make BLACKBERRY include these features in the next OS update.
    07-12-13 04:16 AM
    I understand were you are coming from but it's a trade off at this point for the other features that BB10 does much better. No one likes change but it's inevitable and personally I like what I see in the new devices.

Hopefully 10.2 will bring some of these features back but if not I am Ok with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    dosto likes this.
    07-12-13 05:06 AM
    can someone PLEASE HELP me with my email problem! I simply wish (as I did on my Bold) to retain emails on my desktop although I may delete that message off my Q10 BB! is this so hard? did they just eliminate this feature, please tell me NO.....please help me....I'm lost without my trusty Bold.....can anyone suggest a way to make this old feature reappear? BB Help is NO HELP.
    07-12-13 05:54 AM
    You heard of a thing called "apps" ?

Music Player: Neutron
    Voice Recorder: Parrot

The volume buttons act as shutter button for the camera.

Homescreenshortcuts are also possible with an app but i am sure we will see it in a future update.
    CDM76 likes this.
    07-12-13 06:06 AM
    can someone PLEASE HELP me with my email problem! I simply wish (as I did on my Bold) to retain emails on my desktop although I may delete that message off my Q10 BB! is this so hard? did they just eliminate this feature, please tell me NO.....please help me....I'm lost without my trusty Bold.....can anyone suggest a way to make this old feature reappear? BB Help is NO HELP.
    It's not a matter of the elimination of the feature, but more a product of having you connect directly to the email server vice doing it through BIS. The way you handle email on your phone is now an extension of the browser as opposed to a malleable image of the browser. What you do on your phone affects the browser and vice versa.

The one thing to note is that if you're using Gmail, when you delete an email on your phone, it doesn't delete it in your browser; it archives it. So just find your archive folder and all those emails should still be there.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    neefer, eddy_berry, CDM76 and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 06:26 AM
    I am in total agreement!! All 10 items you listed are causing me the same frustrations as well as not being able to choose whether to delete emails from handheld only.

Why should we have to go search for apps to do these things that have always been SOP's until now? Then we'd have clogged up pages full of app icons no doubt having to run in an open window - draining battery, etc.

Also I have not been able to get Link to work. I've tried everything known to man - twice - and still cannot get Link to link to my phone!! So I can't back it up.

All of those things + the physical keyboard have been what's kept me a BlackBerry lover. Now it's getting as frustrating to use BlackBerry as it is for me to use my husband's iPhone.

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    07-12-13 06:45 AM
    the camera "key" is no more then a swipe away (so what .5 seconds?) on the lower right of the home screen.
    07-12-13 07:50 AM
    Bbzak im with u all the way on this one. And to all respect for those who have voiced out, BULL****! Yep. Bull****.

Ive been hearing this words "trade off" in response to everyone who has been missing these features. WhT trade off?! Theres no trade off involved. Theres negligence. Yep. U can update a windowsos all u want but what is it without its classical start button?

I am fully with evolution but not with dropping certain silly small features that would not add any burden to the new OS. Absolutely ridiculous. These are the core of using a bb. Why remove them? What trade off?!

Giveme a break will u. Im pissed off for thr same reasons that were mentioned on the top of this post.
    1TIME, FF22, LudwigvonKast and 2 others like this.
    07-12-13 08:51 AM
    I understand were you are coming from but it's a trade off at this point for the other features that BB10 does much better. No one likes change but it's inevitable and personally I like what I see in the new devices.

Hopefully 10.2 will bring some of these features back but if not I am Ok with what I have.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully, 10.2 will bring all these back.
    Sorry, trade off is not what we want when we buy a product from Blackberry. There are many other platforms to choose, if trade off is what a true BB fan wanted!
    You heard of a thing called "apps" ?

Music Player: Neutron
    Voice Recorder: Parrot

The volume buttons act as shutter button for the camera.

Homescreenshortcuts are also possible with an app but i am sure we will see it in a future update.
    Have you heard of Android and iOS?
    They have great apps.
    Sorry, But that is not why we buy a BB!

I am in total agreement!! All 10 items you listed are causing me the same frustrations as well as not being able to choose whether to delete emails from handheld only.

Why should we have to go search for apps to do these things that have always been SOP's until now? Then we'd have clogged up pages full of app icons no doubt having to run in an open window - draining battery, etc.

Also I have not been able to get Link to work. I've tried everything known to man - twice - and still cannot get Link to link to my phone!! So I can't back it up.

All of those things + the physical keyboard have been what's kept me a BlackBerry lover. Now it's getting as frustrating to use BlackBerry as it is for me to use my husband's iPhone.

Posted via Q10 via CB10 app
    I have to agree on this completely.

Blackberry has become a confused state of device.
    It is not true Blackberry any more and it is neither an iPhone or Android. So what is it??

the camera "key" is no more then a swipe away (so what .5 seconds?) on the lower right of the home screen.
    Same urge like we have for the physical keypad, I should say.

Bbzak im with u all the way on this one. And to all respect for those who have voiced out, BULL****! Yep. Bull****.

Ive been hearing this words "trade off" in response to everyone who has been missing these features. WhT trade off?! Theres no trade off involved. Theres negligence.

I am fully with evolution but not with dropping certain silly small features that would not add any burden to the new OS. Absolutely ridiculous. These are the core of using a bb. Why remove them? What trade off?!

Giveme a break will u. Im pissed off for thr same reasons that were mentioned on the top of this post.
    I agree to everything above.
    Trade off is just a lame excuse!
    I would rather say that negligence and also not taking much effort to understand the core needs of a loyal customer base.

All the time when Blackberry 10 got delayed for it's release, we were expecting RIM to actually fine tuning it to include the nitty gritty details which makes the name Blackberry.

And I forgot to mention how lame is the new Autotext is in Blackberry 10.
    Pathetic, Never expected this from Blackberry to be true!

As of now, I am more eager to wait and watch for the launch of new OS7 phones. They would atleast behave like a proper Blackberry.

Blackberry!
    Please!!!! Bring the classical good touches of Blackberry into your new phones.
    Else, we dont need you.
    iPhone and Androids are better "trade offs".

Sad, but never saw a day when I would actually say this.
    07-12-13 02:16 PM
    I have to agree. By all means - upgrade the OS, the browser, and processor/screen, but don't give up what made a Blackberry a Blackberry! I can do everything on my 9700 with at most - two keypresses! (thanks to QuickLaunch). Incorporate all the Blackberry goodness into the new OS - and you will have a winner.
    Jifffer likes this.
    07-12-13 02:23 PM
    I so agree with everything said in the frustrated posts.

I've had my Q10 for over a month and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't consider going back to 9930. I do like how fast everything is, but that's about all I like about this new phone... the OS needs major improvements and needs to be customized to fit in the phone and not just stuffed in there from Z10.
    hkftl, FF22 and LudwigvonKast like this.
    07-12-13 02:23 PM
    I read in another thread that if you turn "off" "sync" then what you do on your device will not be replicated on your desktop inbox. Not 100% but that is how I understand it based on what the poster was saying

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:18 PM
    don't give up what made a Blackberry a Blackberry!
    This is the crux of the matter, and any number of people can elaborate this further.
    My concern is NOT whether or not BBRY might add these core functionalities back little by little (i.e., a matter of time), but whether or not BBRY are grasping what the eventual goal should be. If they failed to grasp this reality, just adding and patching as you go won't make any difference.

I am also very curious to know;

1. How many Q10s were returned since its launch (perhaps in terms of the ratio of returns over actual sell-through. BBRY did not even disclose the sell-through number any more, which is interpreted that it should not be good :-(.

2. How many legacy BB holdouts are out there, not jumping on the Q10.

BBRY must be at a critical stage, and even though I am not their employee, or do not hold their stock, I do have a vested interest in them to survive long enough to give us what we really want. I tend to think the longer anyone used the legacy BB, the more they appreciated the true balue of it (what made a BB a BB), and the more difficult for them to embark on the Q10 bandwagon.
    LudwigvonKast and flyingsolid like this.
    07-12-13 07:19 PM
    I will pay $10K if BBRY launch, even if temporarily as a transitional device, a "super 9900" with upgraded hardware (CPU etc), a thicker body with larger battery and a better browser. I would not ask much more.
    But this will defeat the whole purpose of the BB10, and means the acknowledgment by BBRY that at least the Q10 was somewhat of a failure, so it won't happen.
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    07-12-13 07:24 PM
    Gotta say I don't daydream about the good old days with my old Bold. Crappy browser, Crappy experience updating software, Crappy apps etc. OS 7 was better only for people who had corporate IT behind them. I understand this OS is immature but it is still better than iOS and all the iterations of Android. I wouldn't go backward.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:15 PM
    Gotta say I don't daydream about the good old days with my old Bold. Crappy browser, Crappy experience updating software, Crappy apps etc. OS 7 was better only for people who had corporate IT behind them. I understand this OS is immature but it is still better than iOS and all the iterations of Android. I wouldn't go backward.
    I do not think it is that simple. Those BBOS holdouts already know what you are talking about. BBOS was approaching the limit, although BBRY was not updating the hardware spec, which contributed to the slow browser etc.

But it is not about the software or the platform. It's mainly about the "user interface". Nobody misses those obsolete aspects of the BBOS. QNX and Q10 are all good and dandy, but what BBRY did not do well was the implementation of the core functionality (which did not happen).
    07-12-13 08:48 PM
    It is pretty easy for Blackberry.
    Instead of beating the head on all corners, just add all the good touches of the classical old BlackBerry into the BlackBerry 10.

All issues will be cleared and done.
    lyles and LudwigvonKast like this.
    07-13-13 01:41 AM
    Been a BlackBerry user for seven years. With the rapid change in technology, I only expected BlackBerry to build upon what was already created; I did not expect a loss in functionality. I miss BIS and the data compression...I can only hope, pray that security has not also been compromised with that loss. And yes, it seems a simple thing, but I miss the bloomin' shortcut keys, too. Why would something that only made the user be more efficient be so readily dismissed? And am I the only one annoyed by the shift in the SYM (symbol) keyboard? I've been hitting an 'L' for the '&' symbol for years and now it's a 'J'?!

Okay...I'll step down off my soapbox! Felt good to get it off my chest, but would prefer to see some of these issues corrected.

P.S. Don't even get me started on Bridge!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 01:51 AM
    Blackberry should immediately hire quality IT engineers and coders. Revamp the Blackberry 10 to add these very small touches which actually shaped up a Blackberry as we used to know.
    Atleast, iron out the confusions while using the platform.
    07-13-13 06:29 AM
    It is pretty easy for Blackberry.
    Instead of beating the head on all corners, just add all the good touches of the classical old BlackBerry into the BlackBerry 10.

All issues will be cleared and done.
    AMEN

Been a BlackBerry user for seven years. With the rapid change in technology, I only expected BlackBerry to build upon what was already created; I did not expect a loss in functionality. I miss BIS and the data compression...I can only hope, pray that security has not also been compromised with that loss. And yes, it seems a simple thing, but I miss the bloomin' shortcut keys, too. Why would something that only made the user be more efficient be so readily dismissed? And am I the only one annoyed by the shift in the SYM (symbol) keyboard? I've been hitting an 'L' for the '&' symbol for years and now it's a 'J'?!
    AMEN & AMEN!!!

Blackberry should immediately hire quality IT engineers and coders. Revamp the Blackberry 10 to add these very small touches which actually shaped up a Blackberry as we used to know.
    AMEN, AMEN & AMEN!!!

I wish they would these forums to see what the users want not what analysts said we need.
    07-13-13 10:45 AM
    How many legacy BB holdouts are out there, not jumping on the Q10.

I tend to think the longer anyone used the legacy BB, the more they appreciated the true value of it (what made a BB a BB), and the more difficult for them to embark on the Q10 bandwagon.
    I couldn't have put it any better.

BB10 was supposed to attract users from other platforms, it seems to be failing to do so.

What it does seem to be succeeding at is sending long time BB users to other platforms or discouraging them from upgrading from "legacy" devices.

Worst of both worlds, well done BB.

When my 9900 dies it will either be replaced by another 9900 or a non BB device, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.
    LudwigvonKast and nah.uhh like this.
    07-13-13 11:05 AM
    AMEN, AMEN & AMEN!!!

I wish they would these forums to see what the users want not what analysts said we need.
    Amen Amen Amen!!!

As the day went, Q10 was hardly taken out of it's pouch a few times.
    And I added a 9790 to my Arsenal.
    Seems like Blackberry have to really understand what the core group of BB loyals need out in the real world.

And I'm typing this on the smaller keypad of 9790. Says a lot! (Especially when the Q10 is lying idle in front of me).
    07-13-13 11:08 AM
    Moodyk13,

I wish they'd see what I wanted instead of what they *think* I want; and indeed, both BlackBerry and at&t, surprisingly, desire my opinion on that matter (or so says my inbox). But really, if I complain, will it be fixed? Rather, if *we* complain will it be corrected?

Again, I like my new device, but I dislike the loss of functionality. I don't use a BlackBerry to socialize. Seven years ago, I adopted it to be my phone, my word processor and modem. It later became my music and video player and my camera. I also liked it because I heard how secure it was--and experienced it, first hand.

I have never cared that my browser was slightly slower or didn't display exactly what my PC rendered. I'm a reader; the pop-ups and what-not only serve as a distraction. Just the fact I could tether my BlackBerry was comfort enough. And never once have I bricked my BlackBerry with a virus. Wish I could say the same for my PC.

I appreciated the data compression of BIS, especially in the day and age of diminished data plans. I've watched data fluctuate in value, and although overage rates are less (at least for me), the chances of hitting that cap are all the greater. It blows my mind, that when I adopted the Bold 9700 in 2009 (the flagship model) that it's memory consisted of 256 MB. Some three-and-a -half years later, I have 16 GB, 4.4 Gigs in use, fresh from the box on the Q10. And it just sucks the data from me!

Whatever happened to the fine art of having a smart, fast program that wasn't bloated to Hell and back? Maybe I'm just getting old...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 12:14 AM
    The only thing I miss are themes. I want my Nancy drews back
    07-14-13 12:52 AM
    Whatever happened to the fine art of having a smart, fast program that wasn't bloated to Hell and back? Maybe I'm just getting old...

Posted via CB10
    We all were told and made believe that QNX was something of that sort.
    And I guess I don't have to explain much on what we have in final shape here.

I had a phone which could make calls.. Just calls, back in 1998.
    Then came something called short messaging system AKA sms. My phone could still make calls without much of a trade off due to this new feature.
    Then came WAP, calls and sms were still a bloom to use.
    Then came browsing, adding more worth and mobility.
    Email, the biggest thing in communication made life easier.
    All happened in my hands and I switched to a Blackberry and got smitten by how easy things were done in this one device.
    Social sites did change and make some impact on how I live and interact with others, but then my Blackberry did exactly what I wanted always.
    I never had to pause or in fact, never had to divert my attention away from any important aspect of life.. Just to get a task done on my BB.

7 years down the line, here I am sitting with a Blackberry Q10.
    Something I admired, dreamt and owned with pride by making the first purchase in my region.
    Yes, it is all in the past.
    The admiration, dreams and pride.. Doesn't exist anymore.

Practical use, efficiency and sensibly simple operation took over the fanciness, complexity and mind blowing interface.

Still, I believe it is not over yet.
    Blackberry, with all it's might in research and execution, should now work on adding all or the most needed strengths of yesterday's legacy Blackberry devices to it's priced infant of Blackberry 10 platform.
    No matter what it costs, it has to be done ASAP.
    Else, the day when the last bbos device is sold in this world will be the last day we have faith on Blackberry.
    07-14-13 01:31 AM
106 123 ...