I have been a Blackberry fan for years and owned the Pearl, 8330, Storm, Tour 1, Tour 2, and Bold 9930. Was a BES Admin for 3 years at my previous employer and I also created themes for OS 5 devices.

I sold my iPhone 5 and purchased the Q10 outright thinking I couldn't deal with typing on glass any longer. I gave the Q10 an honest chance. Sideloaded a couple of my must have android apps (google voice, groupme, instangram, Google Maps) but i have had enough. I shouldn't have to go through so much trouble to install apps that should already be available on BB10. Sideloading android apps that were never meant to be ran on BB10 is not going to cut it for me. I fly Delta twice a week and I need to be able to change seats and view the upgrade list. The current Fly Delta app available on BB10 is a joke compared to iOS and Android. Let's not even talk about the dim screen on the Q10.....

It amazes me how people can let all of this slide and not move on to another platform. With all of the traction Android sideloading is getting why not just get an Android phone and call it a day?

The Q10 is a good device but not worth the $658 OTD price I paid. I will be returning the device as soon as my S4 gets delivered. Yeah I will miss the keyboard but what use is it anyway when most of the apps I need are not available? Although I wish Blackberry well, I cannot see them gaining traction with corporate users. I might give Blackberry another try in the future but definitely not right now.

just my .02 cents.
    06-17-13 02:50 PM
    In Blackberry's defense, you knew what to expect. It's your fault for not realizing that.

The apps will be developed. These companies will have no choice--especially if talk of all of the preorder Q's being on backorder already is true.

FYI no device is worth it's full price--ever.
    06-17-13 02:56 PM
    It amazes me how people can let all of this slide and not move on to another platform. With all of the traction Android sideloading is getting why not just get an Android phone and call it a day?
    two words...
    hardware keyboard
    06-17-13 03:03 PM
    I have been a Blackberry fan for years and owned the Pearl, 8330, Storm, Tour 1, Tour 2, and Bold 9930. Was a BES Admin for 3 years at my previous employer and I also created themes for OS 5 devices.

I sold my iPhone 5 and purchased the Q10 outright thinking I couldn't deal with typing on glass any longer. I gave the Q10 an honest chance. Sideloaded a couple of my must have android apps (google voice, groupme, instangram, Google Maps) but i have had enough. I shouldn't have to go through so much trouble to install apps that should already be available on BB10. Sideloading android apps that were never meant to be ran on BB10 is not going to cut it for me. I fly Delta twice a week and I need to be able to change seats and view the upgrade list. The current Fly Delta app available on BB10 is a joke compared to iOS and Android. Let's not even talk about the dim screen on the Q10.....

The Q10 is a good device but not worth the $658 OTD price I paid. I will be returning the device as soon as my S4 gets delivered. Yeah I will miss the keyboard but what use is it anyway when most of the apps I need are not available? Although I wish Blackberry well, I cannot see them gaining traction with corporate users. I might give Blackberry another try in the future but definitely not right now.

just my .02 cents.
    Good luck,and see u soon,and yeah we will take u back.!!!!

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    06-17-13 03:06 PM
    I don't understand all this app craze stuff. I don't need an app as a crutch. I just go to the websites.
    06-17-13 03:13 PM
    If it's not for you it's not for you.

But I have found the app selection adequate and I feel like we are rapidly getting the important apps.

Bb10.2 will give you android 4.3 which should make sideloads run a lot better

Posted via CB10
    BlackberryPig and dosto like this.
    06-17-13 03:16 PM
    for your situation, apps are clearly the most important issue and far outweigh using a physical keyboard. its a good thing you are switching because you will get the apps you want/need as well as a good phone (s4)

HOWEVER, people like me, dont need that many apps on their phone, and even if we did the KEYBOARD far outweighs the app bridge [for now]. Honestly whats more important to you? spending the entire day frustrated that the touch screen keyboard your typing on sucks, makes typos, and does not provide a pleasurable experience? or is the apps that important? is using a laptop or computer not an option for you or are you constantly using the apps?

i guess my point is this: if you go to the s4, or any phone for that matter there will be trade offs...it just depends whats more important to you!
    in my opinion, if i buy a phone but then spend the entire day thinking, every time i type on it, that i wish the keyboard was better or i had a qwerty keyboard then i would use a phone with a keyboard!

i came over from using an ip5/android and yes there are trade offs...although for me the only tradeoff i lost was apps which i know will eventually mature.

then again, different strokes for different folks!
    06-17-13 03:21 PM
    I'll buy that Q10 from you

Posted via CB10
    toobs623 likes this.
    06-17-13 03:24 PM
    I guess I will miss my United app, and maybe instagram for a period before I port it...and my SPL Meter (although inaccurate). But it's kind of in the same way I'll miss my first car...you know?
    06-17-13 03:31 PM
    Q10 is not for me either

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    stevepar likes this.
    06-17-13 03:33 PM
    I hear your frustration. But I'm going to assume you didn't know BB10 was lacking major apps prior to dropping $600.

I'm sure you get back on board when BBworld is updated and flourishing.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:37 PM
    This is the exact reason that there are so many smart phones out there! Not everyone will like what one manufacturer has to offer. As far as blackberry goes they have their own niche with the Q10 and I believe it will become s big seller IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:37 PM
    Z10 is for me....I don't like keyboards....and I'M AMAZED at how many "busy" people list instagram as a "must have" app....yep, no free time there huh? I have zero need for ANOTHER hey-look-at-me app
    06-17-13 03:45 PM
    In Blackberry's defense, you knew what to expect. It's your fault for not realizing that.

The apps will be developed. These companies will have no choice--especially if talk of all of the preorder Q's being on backorder already is true.

FYI no device is worth it's full price--ever.
    I have to agree with this statement. Every major review praised the Q10 but said it lacked apps.

My quick solution to the app problem is just go to the website. I don't even like using the Facebook app. I prefer going to the mobile site.
    kazn3r likes this.
    06-17-13 03:54 PM
    I knew most of the apps I use on a daily bases were missing but I though sideloading it would solve my problem. But I realized sideloading is only putting a temporary bandage on things. I need these apps to be natively made for bb10. I use google voice everyday to make calls and text. I can't make calls on the sideloaded google voice app. Using the mobile website works but I shouldn't have to rely on refreshing a mobile page to see if I have a new text message or clog up my inbox with text notifications.

I will check back in a few months.
    06-17-13 03:55 PM
    Z10 is for me....I don't like keyboards....and I'M AMAZED at how many "busy" people list instagram as a "must have" app....yep, no free time there huh? I have zero need for ANOTHER hey-look-at-me app
    People actually make money off of Instagram. Its a great marketing tool!
    06-17-13 03:56 PM
    Well, least you realized it's not for you and are doing the smart thing and returning it unlike some people, who'd rather just **** and moan about it. If the device isn't what you need, then logically no one can 'blame' you for returning it. Hope you enjoy the S4, it seems like a more fitting device for your needs.
    06-17-13 03:59 PM
    People actually make money off of Instagram. Its a great marketing tool!
    +1. I'm amazed that you aren't so busy and had time to realize that. I've generated revenue off of instagram--and I can use hootsuite on my iPad to continue to post without sideloading. Yes I also have a personal acct to amaze people with great photos, but that can halt for a while until the apps are developed for BB.
    06-17-13 04:00 PM
    And Facebook Pages Manager. That will become a BB app soon enough. It will have to. All of the apps will have to. There will always be that year of kids in highschool that will want a BB, and for that reason, these social companies will be forced to quickly develop.
    06-17-13 04:04 PM
    My TOP 3 "Apps"

Phone.
    Email.
    Calendar.

I actually return emails while out of the office more often now since I have the keyboard. Hate, Hate typing on a screen.
    kazn3r, rotorwrench, dosto and 7 others like this.
    06-17-13 04:08 PM
    this is so true. I never knew all these "nerds" were into instagram; it amazes me too! i have instagram and i use it a lot. Head of organizational learning came to me and asked if i preferred the Z10 over the S4. I was honest and said i prefer the Z10 because i can push out all corporate information and still use my apps (instagram, facebook and skype). He looks me dead in the eye and said "i dont care about "instagram" its for my high school daughter and her friends..." I'm 27...and i felt like an *****! LOL. Point is... the corporate world still and will never care about these social apps. its that simple. Cost and productive is still priority... PS. I am yet to see any of our corporate heads with instagram accounts... SO to reiterate your point...HOW ARE ALL THESE BUSY PEOPLE IN LOVE WITH INSTAGRAM...*secret answer*-only there to check out girls*
    Kobe Barksdale, ekv, zyad and 2 others like this.
    06-17-13 04:11 PM
    this is so true. I never knew all these "nerds" were into instagram; it amazes me too! i have instagram and i use it a lot. Head of organizational learning came to me and asked if i preferred the Z10 over the S4. I was honest and said i prefer the Z10 because i can push out all corporate information and still use my apps (instagram, facebook and skype). He looks me dead in the eye and said "i dont care about "instagram" its for my high school daughter and her friends..." I'm 27...and i felt like an *****! LOL. Point is... the corporate world still and will never care about these social apps. its that simple. Cost and productive is still priority... PS. I am yet to see any of our corporate heads with instagram accounts... SO to reiterate your point...HOW ARE ALL THESE BUSY PEOPLE IN LOVE WITH INSTAGRAM...*secret answer*-only there to check out girls*
    The corporate world cared enough about Instagram when Facebook purchased it for 1 Billion Dollars. It's kind of like Facebook...until a year or two ago, there were not many adults on it. Now, adults are one of the fastest growing demographics, not to mention teens usage is declining. But I'm your age, and obviously think like you, I just disagree with your thoughts on the adoption of social apps in the corporate world. End.
    06-17-13 04:16 PM
    two words...
    hardware keyboard
    Haha Yes, that's what instantly came to mind when I read that statement too.
    06-17-13 04:25 PM
    I don't think BB in general is geared towards the app loving public. I don't believe it ever will be. BB10 might prove me wrong eventually but I seriously doubt it.
    06-17-13 04:27 PM
    The Browser on BlackBerry is quite possibly the most powerful mobile browser out there. Better than Chrome and the joke that is Safari. Not sure why Delta's website isn't sufficient for you. Whenever I fly, I get on my computer and print out my details, seat, etc beforehand. Not like it's gonna change between my house and the airport. BB10 Maps is also pretty incredible. 3D navigation, turn-by-turn audio, gorgeous interface...

Different strokes for different folks. Haven't sideloaded a single Android app and don't know of any apps I would.
    06-17-13 04:27 PM
70 123