My Q10 downloaded a software update yesterday, version 10.3.3.1435 and now it will not connect to my Ford sync system. tried it on our other vehicle(another Ford) and it will not work there either. Was working fine on both vehicles before the download. any suggestions as to what may the problem?
    Last edited by angelalav; 12-19-16 at 02:44 PM.
    12-19-16 02:32 PM
    My Q10 downloaded a software update yesterday, version 10.3.3.1435 and now it will not connect to my Ford sync system. tried it on our other vehicle(another Ford) and it will not work their either. Was working fine on both vehicles before the download. any suggestions as to what may the problem?
    Try deleting the saved Bluetooth pairing for the Ford from your Q10 and then re-detect/pair it.
    12-19-16 02:37 PM
    the Ford does not even show up on my phone. When try to pair it in the car, the message on the phone is that it does not detect any device.
    12-19-16 02:49 PM
    the Ford does not even show up on my phone. When try to pair it in the car, the message on the phone is that it does not detect any device.
    With Bluetooth turn on, on your Q10, there should be a list of saved previous pairings in Settings/Networks and Connections/Bluetooth.
    • The Ford one may be saved as "SYNC" with an icon like a car steering wheel.
    • If the previous pairing had been set to "My Car" with the Ford, then that will be the pairing name, but it will still have the steering wheel icon.

If you long press the saved pairing, it will bring up a side menu, of which Delete is at the bottom.
    The Device Details will bring up connection and feature options.
    12-19-16 03:19 PM
    just went out to the car and tried again. the message I keep getting is "pairing unsuccessful"
    12-19-16 03:42 PM
    Under devices, it says "No devices found"--could the update of wiped out all my settings? but if that were the case, I should be able to re-connect?
    12-19-16 03:55 PM
    Under devices, it says "No devices found"--could the update of wiped out all my settings? but if that were the case, I should be able to re-connect?
    If it was an OTA update, it should not have deleted anything.
    If it was a manually ran update, like connecting the Q10 to a computer and running an auto-loader or a wipe & update via Link, then it would have cleaned off all settings and third party apps.

Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can try to pair?
    12-19-16 04:43 PM
    yes, did try that--another phone paired with the car--so definitely a Q10 issue-- not sure what to try next!!
    12-19-16 04:50 PM
    Here: http://forums.crackberry.com/ask-que...3-3-a-1093773/
    one of the posters claim that you will need to also remove the Q10 from the car's Bluetooth saved pairing list, then attempt to re-pair.
    12-20-16 04:30 AM
    tried removing Q10 from the car and re-pairing, got the same message on the phone---"pairing unsuccessful"--can I somehow remove the update and go back to the previous version?
    12-20-16 10:30 AM
    tried removing Q10 from the car and re-pairing, got the same message on the phone---"pairing unsuccessful"--can I somehow remove the update and go back to the previous version?
    Ever sense 10.3.2.500, the ability to downgrade to a lower version is not possible.
    This was done to eliminate the devices ability to be re-purposed if it was lost or stolen, by bypassing security by installing previous OS as a wipe, which would then leave the device in an "out of the box" state that anyone could then set up for their own use. A law was passed in US state(s) that mandated an "anti-theft" system that would block re-purposing. With OS' after 10.3.2.500 that was introduced.

Hopefully one or more of the people that experienced a Bluetooth issue and then resolved it will chime in to help.
    12-20-16 11:45 AM
    thanks for all your advice DaFoxGrey--I ended up doing a security wipe and that worked--I had my files backed up so it didn't take to long to restore it. The phone downloaded 10.3.3.1435 again when I was reloading it but it now works, don't know what happened but it is now working so I am a happy camper!!! Thanks again for your help. Cheers!
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    12-20-16 03:26 PM
    My Q10 downloaded a software update yesterday, version 10.3.3.1435 and now it will not connect to my Ford sync system. tried it on our other vehicle(another Ford) and it will not work there either. Was working fine on both vehicles before the download. any suggestions as to what may the problem?
    Your Ford 'system' should have an option to make itself 'visible' (ready to pair) so your phone can scan and detect it.
    12-20-16 08:17 PM
    i installed the 10.3.3 beta version on my q10 and got this anti-theft protection feature.tried my bb id and password but didnt work.Pls,guys what do i do?
    12-21-16 01:49 PM
    i installed the 10.3.3 beta version on my q10 and got this anti-theft protection feature.tried my bb id and password but didnt work.Pls,guys what do i do?
    SR 10.3.3.1435 is the latest and highest live version of BB10 OS... what "beta" version did you try to install?
    (Software Release 10.3.3.1435 / OS Version 10.3.3.2163 / Radio version 10.3.3.2164)
    12-21-16 02:37 PM