SOMEONE find a tactile button on keyboard (major point in purchasing this q10 phone for me) that i can use to 'send' calls and 'end' calls. ps.......the blackberry "support" is worse than the PC companies in the 90's. i feel i'm being forced back to an iphone. i just need tactile keyboard, and q10 is the only smartphone with one
    05-21-14 05:43 PM
    It's called the Classic, and it will be out this year.
    05-21-14 05:46 PM
    this 'classic' is a phone or an app for the q10?
    05-21-14 05:51 PM
    this 'classic' is a phone or an app for the q10?
    Classic = Q20
    05-21-14 05:55 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/02/blackberry-q20/

I'm definitely getting one. I HATE not having an End key.
    bmurphy710 likes this.
    05-21-14 05:58 PM
    SOMEONE find a tactile button on keyboard (major point in purchasing this q10 phone for me) that i can use to 'send' calls and 'end' calls. ps.......the blackberry "support" is worse than the PC companies in the 90's. i feel i'm being forced back to an iphone. i just need tactile keyboard, and q10 is the only smartphone with one
    Don't get a Q10 then if you know it doesn't have those buttons you want. Use a 9900 if it's that important to you

Posted via CB10 for Z30
    05-21-14 05:59 PM
    I feel obligated to tell you that the iphone does not have a tactile button on keyboard to 'send' calls and 'end' calls either.
    05-21-14 06:07 PM
    I don't see what's the big deal! Before you make a purchase you should do your homework! I love my Q without the tool belt!!! If the back and end button are so important then stay with the bold or wait for the classic! I think it's time we all move on from this topic already! Waiting to get my hands on the Z30 and the Windmere

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-21-14 06:17 PM
    How is it that you are being forced back to an iPhone? Does iPhone have a physical keyboard and physical call buttons? No. And yet it still sells so well. Q10 doesn't need these buttons either. You do. That's fine. That's exactly why BlackBerry announced the Q20. For those that want the physical buttons. It's going to be a bit of a wait though. Q20 is not due out until later this year. You will just have to ride it out. If you can't do without then you should probably get a 9900 for now.
    05-21-14 06:23 PM
    Wow lol

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    05-21-14 10:15 PM

Type the number and press enter and it will place the call, no shortcut yet for ending the call.

If you "need" a tactile keyboard, then how is the iphone even an option?

Posted via CB10
    wolffkrieger and bbnrs like this.
    05-22-14 09:27 AM
    I don't see what's the big deal! Before you make a purchase you should do your homework! I love my Q without the tool belt!!! If the back and end button are so important then stay with the bold or wait for the classic! I think it's time we all move on from this topic already! Waiting to get my hands on the Z30 and the Windmere

Posted via CB10
    I think people who are used to it really want it back.

I've had it before but I don't really care. I guess more **** dails if I ever get a q20.
    05-22-14 11:13 AM
    After all this time, I still don't see a reason why it's so hard to end a call with how it is now...
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-22-14 01:07 PM
    Type the number and press enter and it will place the call, no shortcut yet for ending the call.

If you "need" a tactile keyboard, then how is the iphone even an option?

Posted via CB10
    The Ryan Seacrest thing

After all this time, I still don't see a reason why it's so hard to end a call with how it is now...
    Cause they have to look, can't just do. I know but, whatever.
    bbnrs likes this.
    05-22-14 01:14 PM
    I feel obligated to tell you that the iphone does not have a tactile button on keyboard to 'send' calls and 'end' calls either.
    I think you misunderstood the op, what I understood was that by not having the send/end keys.. his BlackBerry started to feel like an iPhone..
    Not that the situation will make him get an iPhone..

Or so I think he meant

Posted via CB10 from my Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.442
    05-22-14 01:21 PM
    A physical call and end key would be nice but not at the expense of screen real estate. The q10 is an awesome device and I love the keyboard but sometimes I do get jealous looking at other phone's big screens.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 10:34 PM
    hi to all
    my point re iphone was that (yep, no keyboard.....), but since most of what i need/like about tactile keyboard isnt applicable on q10 anyway.....then might as well go to the easier (perhaps better ((subjective)) ios. if the iphone had a tactile keyboard, then i would have kept it. ideally i would like an isimple phone. a phone that has all internet access and to serve my uses for emails, texts, calls, basic functions withOUT the swiping "user friendly" touchscreen. if the keyboard cases for iphone were better quality, then i would have gone that route. i like blackberry in many ways, and would like to see them carry on. i just think they need to focus more on simplifying the manual experience rather than halfheartedly following the screen-swiping appleesque designs everyone else is doing. there is definitely a market for it, and if the quality and all the apps etc are there, then perhaps half the trend followers would chose the keyboard route. fmri's, eeg's, pet scans all show itsnot only easier, faster, etc, but also less stressful and more engaging when typing with tactile buttons. not that i need to read that research to know what i like. and what i bet many more would opt for, if all the bells and whistles, apps, quality etc was there with the devices and op system
    Last edited by bmurphy710; 05-23-14 at 02:59 PM.
    05-23-14 02:45 PM
    A physical call and end key would be nice but not at the expense of screen real estate. The q10 is an awesome device and I love the keyboard but sometimes I do get jealous looking at other phone's big screens.
    Q20 screen will be larger than the Q10's.. But what you really want is a slider, right?

http://forums.crackberry.com/attachm...de-concept.jpg
    anon(8263181) likes this.
    05-23-14 03:10 PM
    I think a good compromise would be from the home screen during a call to touch the phone button and drag down to end the call.

That would make me happy: One swipe up and one swipe down.
    05-23-14 03:14 PM
    Illustration:
    Attached Thumbnails q10 NEEDS 'send' and 'end' BUTTON on keypad. instead of onscreen-img_20140523_151854.png  
    05-23-14 03:26 PM
    Would it be possible to code an app for a single press shortcut key mapped to say... "E" for end? Or "P" or whatever?
    05-30-14 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    An accessory key that could be asigned to "End" wouldn't impact screen size. Even on a Z.
    05-30-14 03:32 PM
    Easy... Thy only need to programm [Enter] to answer a call, and [DEL] to end a call... They already programmed the [0/Zero] to turn the phone mute, so why not integgrate the Call/endcall into Enter/Delete?!

BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    05-30-14 03:41 PM
    Don't know why they don't make the space bar or power button the end key for a call

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 05:26 PM