Suddenly my Q10 has started to mute sound when on a phone call. I can't hear whoever is calling me, but they can definitely hear me perfectly. For months previous to this, when I turned on the speakerphone or plugged the phone to a cable connected to speakers, I could hear sound, but people on the other end could not hear me. Now with muting on both kinds of calls, my Q10 is unusable.
    Strangely, Blackberry Assistant can hear voice commands, but I can't record a voice note using the Remember app which is basic to the phone. Speakerphone volume does work perfectly when playing audio and video files on radio apps and youtube. In other words, I don't think that the mic or the speakers are physically damaged. The handset was not recently dropped when it started behaving strangely.
    Have a funny feeling that I must have changed a volume setting accidentally, but when I couldn't figure out what has been changed, I chose to take the nuclear option and perform a hard reset four times--twice through the menu on the Blackberry itself and twice through Blackberry Link via a USB connection on my computer. Nothing seems to have changed. Any thoughts on how to fix this, or is it time to call this Q10's time of death?
    07-12-16 03:05 AM
    Have you tried plugging in your headphones or earbuds and checking the ability to set the sound as headset audio or whatever else you can? I once had that happen. I had used earbuds and after i unplugged them, the phone sis not release the sound to normal activity. It's hard to explain, but if you plug in headphones, and then remove them, can you change the audio to external audio????
    07-12-16 07:33 AM
    Since I hadn't tried it, that really was an excellent suggestion, but it didn't work. Tried switching to handset audio from headset audio while the headphones were plugged in, and still no audio on the handset. Tried doing the same switch from the speakerphone audio, still nothing. Sound immediately mutes as soon as speakerphone or headphone audio output is turned off. Suspect you may have successfully identified a problem with the jack connection point or the audio-output menu, but perhaps the usual fix isn't going to work. If you have any other ideas, let me know. Thanks again.
    07-12-16 02:17 PM
    In my experience, the phone app kind of handles the notifications weird sometimes. I would recommend trying the following:
    - Open the phone app
    - tap the overflow menu - settings
    - go to Notifications
    - Tap Reset to profile.

You can also try:
    - from the home screen, open the settings of the phone
    - go to Notifications
    - in the list of profiles, go to Normal. (or whatever profile)
    - tap Reset apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:23 PM
    Thanks for that. I've played with these settings again as you suggested. Still doesn't work. It only seems to work with a plugged in headset or speakerphone.
    07-22-16 01:21 PM
    This exact thing happened to my q10 about 2 months ago. Speaker stopped working and now all my calls are done with speaker phone. The speaker does work a little when I switch the phone to deaf mode (for customers who are hard of hearing) then a faint sound comes out but its not loud enough to use.
    11-26-17 12:17 PM