Is there any way to bypass the native hotspot to use without having the feature on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 09:41 PM
    Not sure if I understand your question. First, which carrier are you on? And does said carrier have specific terms and conditions to specify how hotspot can be used on their network?

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-08-13 10:18 PM
    Not sure if I understand your question. First, which carrier are you on? And does said carrier have specific terms and conditions to specify how hotspot can be used on their network?

I'm on verizon. I haven't tried I will now

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:44 AM
    It says I need to contact my provider to use the mobile hotspot feature

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You have to have it enabled on your account, I'm pretty sure. I think it varies depending on your carrier. I'm on T-Mobile, and the Hotspot just comes out of my data package. So I turn it On, and it takes me thru the couple screens of warning about the incurred fees and power consumption, then I set up a password and network name.. and that's it.
    09-09-13 01:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    What plan do you have with them? Is it a new "Share Everything" plan that you signed with when you got your Z10? Or is it an older plan, for example, one that provides unlimited data to you? If it's the former, you should have hotspot available (for no additional cost), and all you have to do is what the phone says and contact Verizon to make sure it's activated on the line. If it's the later, technically it's not a feature on your plan and you'll either have to pay extra for it or switch to a newer plan.

Now, if you do have unlimited data and don't want to give up your plan and/or pay extra, there are ways around this that aren't exactly kosher, but I've been instructed not to contribute to what may be seen as unlawful activity. There's a forum thread that details the process of modifying the escreens and Bla1ze also wrote a front-page article about it a few months back though.

09-09-13 01:14 AM
    You have to have it enabled on your account, I'm pretty sure. I think it varies depending on your carrier. I'm on T-Mobile, and the Hotspot just comes out of my data package. So I turn it On, and it takes me thru the couple screens of warning about the incurred fees and power consumption, then I set up a password and network name.. and that's it.
    Slightly different process on Verizon, since they restrict this feature based on the mobile plan you have.

09-09-13 01:16 AM
    What plan do you have with them? Is it a new "Share Everything" plan that you signed with when you got your Z10? Or is it an older plan, for example, one that provides unlimited data to you? If it's the former, you should have hotspot available (for no additional cost), and all you have to do is what the phone says and contact Verizon to make sure it's activated on the line. If it's the later, technically it's not a feature on your plan and you'll either have to pay extra for it or switch to a newer plan.

Now, if you do have unlimited data and don't want to give up your plan and/or pay extra, there are ways around this that aren't exactly kosher, but I've been instructed not to contribute to what may be seen as unlawful activity. There's a forum thread that details the process of modifying the escreens and Bla1ze also wrote a front-page article about it a few months back though.

I'm not on share everything nor will I go to it. I have unlimited data and could get unlimited MHS for $20/mo but don't want to pay the extra. I have a jetpack I use when traveling for work but it has 5gb limit and like ability to watch espn or download music etc when traveling and not worry about it. I will check the thread you spoke of.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    09-09-13 01:21 AM
    Are you sure on this with T-Mobile? I was told by them if I activate this feature it will add an additional charge to my monthly bill.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 02:27 AM