Hi, this is my first post but I have had a few BB's over the years (8900,9000 & 9900) flicking back and fore from iPhones. I now find myself with the Q10 as I really do like the keyboard. My previous phone was an iPhone 5 and coming from this I feel I can judge where the Q10 is falling short.

First of all 10.1 does have numerous bugs and glitches. Little things such as it freezing up on incoming calls. I am not a high flying business man i probably only take 10 calls a day but of this 10 5-6 I will struggle to answer because the slider is irresponsive. To a real power user I imagine this would wear very thin.

These same power users will probably note a massive decrease as BB10 is simply not as efficient. The massive inconsistencies between the contacts app and the contacts section of the phone app is awful. The messaging; which is what brought me back to BB combined with the keyboard has a few bugs, why is it when you use the return key to send a message be it on BBM or a text sometimes the text box is automatically reselected and you can carry ontyping but sometimes you find yourself skipping through the conversation when you hit the spacebar before you realise?

Also the Twitter client is horrendous. I know this has been well documented, but IT REALLY is terrible & I shouldn't have to pay for Blaq or any other sort of client. iOS & Android have far superior native clients and twitter and/or BB really need to come together to sort this out. I cant comment on FB as I don't use it but i have read it is equally deficient when compared to iOS & Android counterparts.

Also no YouTube??!!

I would also really like dropbox to sort out auto photo uploading...

Also using these quick commands to start a text message. That message starts as a whole new thread in your hub and it is not associated with any previous messages to that same contact it is also displayed in the hub as the number and not the contacts name.

Also universal search which was phenomenal on OS7 is poor. When I exit the search into a live panel when i re-enter it it should be instantly ready to search again not on the contact or last thing i selected as a result of my last search which i then have to step back out of to start the new search. It's a step too many.

I know, that iOS & android have been honed and preened over the years. But BB are re-entering the market in 2013 where people have fixed expectations on the minimum they expect a high end smartphone to do & BlackBerry as a company should acknowledge this and deliver a product. I don't particularly care about the lack of apps, but incase you hadn't noticed I thought the basic (twitter) would be spot on, its not even the lack of features thats annoying its the fact that not even the basic functionality works well.
    05-30-13 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the input. It is a tough game to play against the big boys in this industry. As for apps, sometimes using the browser is all you got. For now anyway. I hope there are some things you enjoy. If not I wouldn't blame you for going back. Plenty of people here have found answers so I would suggest you browse through the Q10 forums for some of the issues you are having. Have a good one.
    05-30-13 07:24 PM
    At the moment after 2 and a bit weeks owning the Q10 I have passed my 14 day return window. I am in it for the long haul. I am not gonna spread Q10 hate, far from it. I still think the ideas behind BB10 are amazing and once external devs and BB's in house get to grips with it it will really kick off. The Live panes are really good as are the gestures, and as we know the keyboard is unreal. I don't want to put anyone off getting a Q10 and I acknowledge I am being a bit nitpicky but realistically BB have to move fast and keep plugging gaps and adding functionality to appease the newcomers but also the BB diehard users.
    05-30-13 07:30 PM
    I think the z10 is suppose to be the "flagship" with the aristo coming late in the year it will be the "flagship" for early 2014 i think.
    05-30-13 07:32 PM
    Something that took me a bit to figure out was that to answer the phone, you need to grab the the incoming call box and drag it down. Just swiping down without starting at the incoming call message will not answer the phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    05-30-13 09:14 PM