now June, really this is pure BS,
    02-06-13 02:25 PM
    No again, that is not a quote. They are saying he said that, but not WHEN he said that.
    It was said that it would be 8-10 weeks roughly after the Z10, but that was well before the Z10 received a release date.
    They keep mixing the recent interview with what was said before.
    Look in the whole article, at no point is eight to ten weeks shown as quoted
    Then they keep referring to the recent interview to make it look like he said it in this interview, but they would have quoted him in that that case
    Thor publicly wouldn't have talked about the Q10 until Jan 30th, so by then he knew Z10 wasn't coming out until March in US, therefore it means by his quote(whenever he did say it) the Q10 won't be released until May or June.
    02-06-13 02:26 PM
    Thor publicly wouldn't have talked about the Q10 until Jan 30th, so by then he knew Z10 wasn't coming out until March in US, therefore it means by his quote(whenever he did say it) the Q10 won't be released until May or June.
    the eight to ten weeks was only mentioned back when we were still using the london and Nevada code names...
    it has not been mentioned since then....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 02:29 PM
    the eight to ten weeks was only mentioned back when we were still using the london and Nevada code names...
    it has not been mentioned since then....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    In the interview, Heins said it was up to the carriers to do the necessary testing and to decide whether they can shorten the process. He said eight to 10 weeks after the Z10 launch was "a good range" of what to expect.
    "We're trying to get it as close as we can," Heins said in an interview this week with The Associated Press.

I agree the article is confusing but it does sound like he gave the quote this week, like I said before Thor really wouldn't have talked about Q10 until Jan 30th.
    02-06-13 02:37 PM
    darkehawke I see what you were talking about I found this article dated in October Thorsten Heins Confirms BlackBerry 10 Full Touch & QWERTY Touch Eight Weeks Apart | BlackBerry Empire

However could he have said that in two diffrent interviews?? That's the question.
    02-06-13 02:49 PM
    2013 or 2014?
    02-06-13 08:06 PM
    I'll bet they aren't ready and probably still won't be by then.
    02-06-13 08:22 PM
    Most disappointing news. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    02-06-13 09:19 PM
    Well to put it bluntly: I am disappointed and disqusted by the Q10 availability date and that no date has been set for an update to the three PBs that I own. Blackberry continues to disappoint me and I am one of the faithful and was really looking forward to the Q10.
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:26 PM
    Doesn't affect me, since I won't be able to upgrade for nearly a year. That said, think many in the US will be turned off by this. We'll see whether or not this backfires on BlacBerry.
    02-07-13 10:39 PM
    This is NOT good. I was going to wait for the Q10, but by then there will be a new Galaxy 4, and possibly a new iPhone- good luck selling against them! They both should have been released EVERYWHERE within a week or two of the announcement! Shades of the Playbook indeed....
    The important thing was for the z10 to be out first before stuff like the s4, the q10 is going to have its own market because realistically somebody looking at a 5" touchscreen device is not after the same things as somebody wanting a 3.1" qwerty device.
    02-08-13 02:42 AM
    I echo the sentiment that this is disappointing. I left blackberry just under three years ago for the iPhone. For the past three years I have been happy with the iPhone but just a bit underwhelmed by the iPhone 5 so I was thrilled to hear of the new qwerty blackberry. I was very much looking forward to coming back to blackberry. But, if in fact this phone isn't released until June, I will be less likely to return as there will be a new iteration of the iPhone by then (among other options). Further, (and my memory may be sketchy on this point) one of the reasons I left blackberry to begin with was just general disappointment with the timing of releases. A product would be announced but then there would be a long wait before I could get one. Frankly, over time one just loses interest.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    02-08-13 11:32 PM
    I echo the sentiment that this is disappointing. I left blackberry just under three years ago for the iPhone. For the past three years I have been happy with the iPhone but just a bit underwhelmed by the iPhone 5 so I was thrilled to hear of the new qwerty blackberry. I was very much looking forward to coming back to blackberry. But, if in fact this phone isn't released until June, I will be less likely to return as there will be a new iteration of the iPhone by then (among other options). Further, (and my memory may be sketchy on this point) one of the reasons I left blackberry to begin with was just general disappointment with the timing of releases. A product would be announced but then there would be a long wait before I could get one. Frankly, over time one just loses interest.
    So you want a qwerty but can't wait a couple months so you'll just get another non qwerty iPhone. Brilliant.
    Shoryuken and thecurryman like this.
    02-08-13 11:43 PM
    They need to just pick one damn release date and call it a day! What is the deal with pushing it further and further?
    02-09-13 10:40 AM
    im ok with the June release, im on AT&T and my next upgrade isnt available until the 1st week of June. until then i will submerse myself in this forum to get my fix..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 while i patiently wait to get my Q10
    retomex likes this.
    02-09-13 10:57 PM
    I'm about to explode. This had better not be true. Delay after delay. I already have a bunch of friends asking me about BB10 because I was so hyped before the launch and how great it will be. Now when I tell them it's coming in March they just laugh. And now the Q10 in May/June?! Not a good move at all whatsoever. Can someone please explain to me why it would be a good idea for them to hold it longer (other than the whole apps issue)? People will be turned away because the new Galaxy phone is coming in March. Other possible consumers are forgetting about the phones completely.
    BBKrzy and CRJDRIVER like this.
    02-10-13 12:13 AM
    i would assume it's marketing, selling two flagship phones at the same time might not be a good idea, so i assume they are separating the release of the devices. Lets be glad its not being pushed to august/september.
    02-10-13 08:09 AM
    They need to just pick one damn release date and call it a day! What is the deal with pushing it further and further?
    It's not up to "them alone". It's up to the carriers. The Q10 is likely feature complete and in testing at the carriers now.

This says TMobile is trying for mid-March (or about 4 weeks from now):

T-Mobile Hurrying to Offer BlackBerry Z10 Ahead of Rivals: Report

What makes this any more or less valid than people claiming "June"?
    02-10-13 08:16 AM
    Yeah i just found that out after i wrote that. I hope verizon releases in april. I'm buying it at full price so it's not like my contract is already up. If im going to be spending 600 dollars for a phone i would like to have it asap lol.
    02-10-13 08:37 AM
    I was just looking at my Android slider, and I have to say I'm quite bored with it at this point. I'm really on the fence here. I need that awesome keyboard, but I'm wary of OSX. I'm used to the Android OS. Although it's not perfect, it's integrated. When I used to reset my Torch, because it was unlocked, I'd have to call up T-Mobile to adjust the settings accordingly in order to use the phone, which is a whole annoying process. I just like the idea of only having to sign in to my Google account and being basically set. Sigh, what a dilemma...
    02-10-13 12:45 PM
    Blame the US carriers... It's no surprise as we in the US have by far the most expensive and iron fisted carriers on the planet
    02-10-13 05:48 PM
    It has been assumed for many months the Q10 would be released about 2 months after the L10. The L10 (in the U.S.) will be released in the next 4-6 weeks. (Mid March or end March) 2 months after that is end of May. That means it could slip into June.
    I don't know if a new iphone will be out by then - but the SIV (S4) will almost certainly be announced and maybe out by then. Of course those won't satisfy those who need physical keyboards.
    02-10-13 06:04 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Don't be surprised to see both the bb Z10 and the Q10 released in the US a lot sooner than what is in the press ... its being fast tracked! In the meanwhile, US launch will likely see over 120,000 apps and perhaps even a minor software upgrade ....
    02-10-13 06:05 PM
    It's not the mail, it's the contacts and calendar from Outlook that I need synced to my phone. Google calendar is okay, but there's no good way to sync contacts. Android has the same problem.

That's very likely a deliberate choice on BlackBerry's part to de-prioritize a less important feature, and delay it to a later release if they ever release it at all.

Syncing by cable is no longer vital for most people because if you can attach by cable, then you are already at your PC where your mail is already in Outlook. If one really cares about mail that much, wouldn't he want to have it always updated by synching wirelessly?
    02-10-13 06:29 PM
    Keep in mind that BB as of two weeks ago did not even have a production Z10 for the US VZW network
    02-10-13 06:41 PM
88 1234