02-05-13 06:13 PM
    Your surprised???
    02-05-13 06:17 PM
    No surprise whatsoever. Meanwhile in other news, the rest of the world will moving on with their lovely new BlackBerry 10 super devices.
    02-05-13 06:28 PM
    I think if you look around and read what people are posting, the new Z10 is not really that super, some of the basics that everyone is used to on the old BB models (sounds, sync, etc) don't work on the new Z10. Granted I don't have one in hand to see for myself so I am having to take what is written with a grain of salt. But when multiple people say they cant sync Outlook to the Z10 without going through Google Apps or Outlook.com it really makes me wonder, and see flashbacks of the PlayBook release.
    02-05-13 06:36 PM
    How do you announce a phone or any product yet you can't get the products to the consumer until many months have passed. I want Blackberry to succeed but thorsten Heins is becoming a joke. He has no pizazz or stage presence and dies t know how to make a device after 2 years of delays. I bought stock so I'm pissed off.
    CRJDRIVER likes this.
    02-05-13 06:43 PM
    I think if you look around and read what people are posting, the new Z10 is not really that super,
    Despite the tendency of people who are happy with a new toy to post being far lower than those who feel they have something to complain about, there are vast numbers of people who do think that their new z10 is super.
    02-05-13 06:55 PM
    I don't take to much stock in what Fobes says, they been bashing BlackBerry for some time.
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    02-05-13 06:57 PM
    How do you announce a phone or any product yet you can't get the products to the consumer until many months have passed. I want Blackberry to succeed but thorsten Heins is becoming a joke. He has no pizazz or stage presence and dies t know how to make a device after 2 years of delays. I bought stock so I'm pissed off.
    Announce a device one day, in the stores by the next and sold to 100s of thousands of people by now, sounds like they can get the products to the consumers in countries where the carriers don't have their heads stuffed up where the sun doesn't shine.
    bizarrejustin and jon4400 like this.
    02-05-13 06:57 PM
    Forbes likes to bash, period. Don't put any stock in what they say
    02-05-13 07:05 PM
    Not surprised what so ever.
    02-05-13 09:42 PM
    I don't take to much stock in what Fobes says, they been bashing BlackBerry for some time.
    How is any bias on Forbes part relevant--they're quoting Heins himself?!
    Residing and kevinnugent like this.
    02-05-13 11:13 PM
    To me it just seems that the qwerty loving BlackBerry faithful are getting **** on. Next we're going to hear July - August.
    jegs2 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:52 PM
    In reality the March/April (UK/Canada) and May/June (US) release has to do with the 10.1 SDK - which supports the 720x720 resolution was just released today for developers.
    02-06-13 12:22 AM
    In reality the March/April (UK/Canada) and May/June (US) release has to do with the 10.1 SDK - which supports the 720x720 resolution was just released today for developers.
    Yea, the transition shouldn't be that hard with basic apps. Scaling down can be tricky tho. Also lets just hope for april the U.S.
    02-06-13 09:11 AM
    Forbes was trashed for its negative rim article back in november,but so far they have been right on a few key issues ,they called the us carrier delay for z10 and the keyboard model delay
    02-06-13 09:59 AM
    02-06-13 10:00 AM
    This is a huge bummer, and could really lose them some business. It is too bad that they can't manage to get things right. The hype for these devices will be LONG gone by the time that they finally get them into peoples' hands.

I bought stock so I'm pissed off.
    Ouch.
    02-06-13 10:27 AM
    I'm of the mind that it was a mistake by management when they decided to not concentrate on releasing both models simultaneously.
    Drew808, jegs2 and GenTsoChicken like this.
    02-06-13 10:34 AM
    Personally I feel that it was last attempt to get people to come back to BlackBerry, Anyone can get a Qwerty Blackberry but to get a BlackBerry L10 they needed an edge so let's promote the **** out of it and get it out there soon as us qwerty users have to wait just a little longer because BlackBerry knows we are still loyal to them. That's just my opinion
    02-06-13 10:49 AM
    But when multiple people say they cant sync Outlook to the Z10 without going through Google Apps or Outlook.com it really makes me wonder, and see flashbacks of the PlayBook release.
    That's very likely a deliberate choice on BlackBerry's part to de-prioritize a less important feature, and delay it to a later release if they ever release it at all.

Syncing by cable is no longer vital for most people because if you can attach by cable, then you are already at your PC where your mail is already in Outlook. If one really cares about mail that much, wouldn't he want to have it always updated by synching wirelessly?
    bizarrejustin likes this.
    02-06-13 12:53 PM
    How is any bias on Forbes part relevant--they're quoting Heins himself?!
    Here is the kicker,
    At no point in that interview, is Thor quoted as saying there will be an eight to ten week delay!
    02-06-13 01:08 PM
    Here is the kicker,
    At no point in that interview, is Thor quoted as saying there will be an eight to ten week delay!
    He says the Q10 will be launched 8 to 10 weeks after the Z10.Which puts the launch in May or June. Orginally Thor said April Launch.
    02-06-13 01:15 PM
    This is NOT good. I was going to wait for the Q10, but by then there will be a new Galaxy 4, and possibly a new iPhone- good luck selling against them! They both should have been released EVERYWHERE within a week or two of the announcement! Shades of the Playbook indeed....
    jegs2 and Caymancroc like this.
    02-06-13 01:53 PM
    He says the Q10 will be launched 8 to 10 weeks after the Z10.Which puts the launch in May or June. Orginally Thor said April Launch.
    No again, that is not a quote. They are saying he said that, but not WHEN he said that.
    It was said that it would be 8-10 weeks roughly after the Z10, but that was well before the Z10 received a release date.
    They keep mixing the recent interview with what was said before.
    Look in the whole article, at no point is eight to ten weeks shown as quoted
    Then they keep referring to the recent interview to make it look like he said it in this interview, but they would have quoted him in that that case
    02-06-13 01:58 PM
    No again, that is not a quote. They are saying he said that, but not WHEN he said that.
    It was said that it would be 8-10 weeks roughly after the Z10, but that was well before the Z10 received a release date.
    They keep mixing the recent interview with what was said before.
    Look in the whole article, at no point is eight to ten weeks shown as quoted
    Then they keep referring to the recent interview to make it look like he said it in this interview, but they would have quoted him in that that case
    But loom at the release date of the the z10, count from then and tell me what you get. Also consider the z10 still hasn't been released in the states yet. So yea, this is about right.
    02-06-13 02:17 PM
88 123 ...