I just upgraded from a BB Curve to the new Q10 and the phone calling feature sucks.

These are a few of the problems i experienced in the first few hours.

1. Call Logs - switching from All calls to Missed calls takes atleast 30 seconds
    2. Missed call - takes 30 seconds to view a missed call (if missed when on call waiting)
    3. Favorite contacts - once i click a favorite contact it takes 5-6 secs to begin dialling
    4. Speed dial - this one is the worst. Once you set the qwerty keys to direct dial contacts you cant dial from the home screen of the phone. You have to navigate to phone - dial pad and then click the desired qwerty. So once I do all this and click "L" (eg) - it takes another 5-6 secs to start dialing the number. Whatever happened to making snappy phone calls.

Have returned the phone to the dealer and am fighting for a full refund. Great hardware let down by buggy software.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    06-17-13 05:04 AM
    It takes you 30 seconds to swipe up and touch the phone key and view call log or click phone key touch the missed tab?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:10 AM
    I agree with number 4. The calling experience in general isn't as great at the legacy devices (9900). Now it just feels like the phone part is just another app - no real integration in to the device and no speed dialling from the home screen?!

Hopefully the device will be enhanced in these respects in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:15 AM
    1. Call Logs - switching from All calls to Missed calls takes atleast 30 seconds
    Don't know what you are doing, but it just takes a Tap on 'Missed' while in the call log. Definitely less than a second.

2. Missed call - takes 30 seconds to view a missed call (if missed when on call waiting)
    Err... when on call waiting - It shows on the screen when you are on the call. Once you hang up, it is the FIRST CALL listed under the ALL tab? Is it that you read real slow??

3. Favorite contacts - once i click a favorite contact it takes 5-6 secs to begin dialling
    A little over a second. I would say 2 seconds max. Perhaps you need a better stopwatch.

4. Speed dial - this one is the worst. ...
    Agreed. Reported. Repeatedly. Hopefully there will be a fix in the updates to follow.
    Last edited by L o r d R a j; 06-17-13 at 05:28 AM.
    06-17-13 05:17 AM
    Point 1 is bull**** - No it doesn't take 30 seconds or anywhere near that.

I agree with point 4. True speed dialling really needs to be integrated, like the legacy devices had. I hope BlackBerry read these forums.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by chris8189; 06-17-13 at 05:39 AM.
    06-17-13 05:18 AM
    Have returned the phone to the dealer and am fighting for a full refund. Great hardware let down by buggy software.
    Have returned the phone... and yet posted on the forum because??
    To tell other users about YOUR seriously non-functional stopwatch?
    From all the points you have put up, the only issue that is ACTUALLY an 'issue' is Point 4 - Speed Dial. Had you even glanced at the existing threads/topics on the Q10 board, you would have noticed that the issue has been noted and reported... REPEATEDLY.
    06-17-13 05:22 AM
    Yes speed dialing needs to be changed but for me I have no Problem with making or receiving calls! I receive over 50 calls a day and make at least 20 to 30 calls. I find the Q10 very easy to operate and navigate the OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 05:23 AM
    It takes you 30 seconds to swipe up and touch the phone key and view call log or click phone key touch the missed tab?

Posted via CB10
    Actually, he has mentioned that it takes him 30 seconds to transition WITHIN the call log!

So... "swipe up, touch phone key" is NOT to be included. He is already on the Call log screen and it takes him 30 seconds to move from ALL to MISSED (rolls eyes).

Shyam3163 may feel that he needs another phone. I strongly suggest he gets a new working stopwatch as well.
    thedose and paxtonbt like this.
    06-17-13 05:25 AM
    I've noticed on different phone sometimes dialing doesn't start instantly, isn't that more the network?
    06-17-13 05:27 AM
    Obviously the times are a bit exaggerated. But the phone app is slower on bb10 than legacy. It's not a deal beaker for me and I'm sure it'll get better
    06-17-13 06:07 AM
    unfortunately, I kind of feel this way. I'm not experiencing the 30 seconds like he does, but the phone calling experience does leave more to be desired.

I'm speaking of the Z10 though, although the software is the same as Q10. I dont like how calling is now treated like an app. I have to wait for the box to pop up and then navigate from there. And sometimes it takse my Z10 quite a few seconds for the ringing to start (after selecting a contact). It'll show "Forwarding - Conditional" or something like that. Any idea what this is?
    06-17-13 10:57 AM
    Let me give some of you an explanation, the delay you see when dialing a call before connecting it is due to the hand over from LTE to 3/4G or HSPA since LTE does not support voice calling yet, at least not officially, notice how you go from LTE to 3/4G/HSPA when dialing a number.

The speed dialing is a different story though

Posted via CB10
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    06-17-13 11:17 AM
    There are posts I read and do not comment on--most likely because I took away great info. Then there are others, which I read in full, comments and all, and then contemplate about commenting on. This is one of those.

You returned your hardware, yet you decided to rant about the phone you no longer have? Did you ever think to maybe give it a week or two, or a month? Did you ever once give thought to how far superior the software and hardware on the Q10 is (or was) to your Curve?

I just like to ask questions, guys. And I had a 9930, but an iPhone4s for the past year...awaiting arrival of Q. Will have an in depth thread once I have used it for a week.

Disclaimer: I've read a lot about the SD, and I cannot bash you for listing that as a point. Wait, it was your first post? OMG...
    Last edited by kazn3r; 06-17-13 at 11:44 AM. Reason: speed dial disclaimer/omg
    06-17-13 11:43 AM
    I just upgraded from a BB Curve to the new Q10 and the phone calling feature sucks.

These are a few of the problems i experienced in the first few hours.

4. Speed dial - this one is the worst. Once you set the qwerty keys to direct dial contacts you cant dial from the home screen of the phone. You have to navigate to phone - dial pad and then click the desired qwerty. So once I do all this and click "L" (eg) - it takes another 5-6 secs to start dialing the number. Whatever happened to making snappy phone calls.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Some people suffer from impulse buying, I guess you suffer from impulse buying AND impulse returning?

Firstly, if you would have come on here first or did any kind of research online, you'll realize that the home screen speed dialing did go away for the Q10. But you do a little more research and you'll realize that Blackberry is well aware of this folly and have already confirmed that they have a fix for it for a future update...
    06-17-13 05:16 PM
    If it takes you 30 seconds to do anything in the phone app then something is wrong with the device or how you are using it.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-18-13 12:24 AM
    Hey, so i got the full refund. So the phone was f***** after all.
    06-18-13 05:31 AM
    Wow
    everyones so emotional about a bad q10. Haha.
    anon(3072139) likes this.
    06-18-13 05:35 AM
    Yeah, they do take it personally. And it was obviously all your fault.

P.S. Speed dialing is atrocious.
    06-18-13 05:36 AM
    Q10 phone experience is rotten imo. I've had the end key disappear because it was on a scroller. Awful. Ending a call is a labor. Phone locks mid call. At least iphone allows you to end a call with the power button.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:14 AM
    Q10 phone experience is rotten imo. I've had the end key disappear because it was on a scroller. Awful. Ending a call is a labor. Phone locks mid call. At least iphone allows you to end a call with the power button.

Posted via CB10
    I've had the Q10 since March, and have not experienced any 'rotten' aspect of making calls on it, and I use it to make calls every day. Admittedly, there is a bit of a delay between pressing the 'end call' button, and the phone actually ending the call.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 07:22 AM