I seem to have an issue with a Q10.

Whenever the battery is removed, the phone loses some key settings, i.e. settings for activesync folder push, Wi-Fi turns off etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    04-14-14 10:59 AM
    Why are you removing the battery, if your trying to duplicate a battery pull like the old devices, you should do it by holding the volume up and down buttons for 30 sec until you see the blue loading circle, this way you should not loose your settings,
    04-14-14 01:00 PM
    Thank you for the reply.

Actually, it's my bosses phone, and the phone will not last him through a day due to huge email volume and he needs to replace the battery during the day.

You mean a graceful shut down will not make it lose it's settings? What would the volume up and down do if i hold them for 30 secs?

I have also enquired with my service provider, and they quoted that it could be the motherboard battery, but im not that sure that's the case.

Can you please let me know?

Once again, many thanks!
    04-14-14 01:11 PM
    Thank you for the reply.

Actually, it's my bosses phone, and the phone will not last him through a day due to huge email volume and he needs to replace the battery during the day.

You mean a graceful shut down will not make it lose it's settings? What would the volume up and down do if i hold them for 30 secs?

I have also enquired with my service provider, and they quoted that it could be the motherboard battery, but im not that sure that's the case.

Can you please let me know?

Once again, many thanks!
    if he is powering down and then taking the battery out to exchange it might work, but to pull the battery out with out shutting down isn't good for your device, the volume buttons are for a hard reset like refreshing your pc
    04-14-14 01:45 PM
    if he is powering down and then taking the battery out to exchange it might work, but to pull the battery out with out shutting down isn't good for your device, the volume buttons are for a hard reset like refreshing your pc
    ^ This.
    The memory management of BB10 is entirely different than BBOS. Battery pulls are no longer necessary at all. Bad in fact.
    04-14-14 03:11 PM
    Hold down the power button, wait for it to count down, and then wait until the carrier logo and BlackBerry logo go away (when the display turns off completely). Then you can change your battery.

Posted via the super amazing BlackBerry Q10
    04-14-14 04:11 PM
    Thank you all.

CarGuy you think this will solve my issue, and that the device hasn't got any hardware problems?

Thanks again
    04-15-14 01:47 AM